Career Officer
# 11
10-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
The Aegis set IS mk xii. This is because it actually scales to your level. If you are max level it is the equivilent of MK XII.
This is incorrect. They pretty much stop at MK X.

That being said, the Devs saying "They weren't intended for STFS!!!!111!!!" Is more "Playing as intended" nonsense - people should have a choice in variety for their endgame gear. We shouldn't all be forced into a small set of builds.
Captain
# 12
10-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortsim View Post
Aegis set has always been my favorite set, the STF and Borg ones are kinda meh in their presentation, the MACO one is the only one that I like. I like the idea of it being something we've created by researching other ship technology and modified it to our useage. Personally though, I tend to run resilient shields, positron deflector, and combat impulse engines, which no set thus far uses.

From what I've heard, Aegis reaches MK X only, not XII.
My fav too, but I agree something went wrong with the scaling around mk10, and for the price of materials, the exploration for samples and all the useless crap I had to build to get my crafting ability high enough to build that set I would think it should be at least marginally sub-par to high end STF sets. What other sets cost 150K + in dilith and exploration time and is as marginally useful ?

The mk 11 and 12 REMAN sets ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG

Last edited by lordmalak1; 10-29-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Lieutenant
# 13
10-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Cryptic should introduce a Crafting C-Store item (1000C) to allow you to bump an Aegis piece to endgame quality (3000C total).
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
10-29-2012, 11:39 AM
i would do that as i loved the aegis and used it in STFs until i got the borg then used 3 borg + aegis shield then MACO shield when i finally got it
Captain
# 15
10-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Because of the upcoming changes to the Borg set i looked around and have been trying out Aegis 2 piece + MACO shields and its not bad (ive got 16k shields and 60k hull - with Jevonite lol), i can tank the tactical cubes still in my Tac Galor just as well, i just get hit less now with the +10% defence
Empire Veteran
# 16
10-29-2012, 03:43 PM
the current aegis set would be good, if the shield wasn't literally a blue quality shield. its a cap 2 cov that slightly boost shield power, by like maybe 1.

if it were a cap 3, reg1 or a cap 2, reg 2, or a cap 2, +10% resist like maco, then it would be a usable set.

its a counterpart to the borg set. borg set is an end game set weather they like it or not, therefore aegis should be an end game set
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 17
10-30-2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the current aegis set would be good, if the shield wasn't literally a blue quality shield. its a cap 2 cov that slightly boost shield power, by like maybe 1.

if it were a cap 3, reg1 or a cap 2, reg 2, or a cap 2, +10% resist like maco, then it would be a usable set.

its a counterpart to the borg set. borg set is an end game set weather they like it or not, therefore aegis should be an end game set
When they nerf the Omega set I'll prolly go back to it (with my mk12 KHG shield), I'm not overly impressed with the glider I just started using. Am actually not all that impressed with the KHG shield either, my field gens don't seem to buff it at all- am still getting like 5800 with a mk12 field gen on a Pach.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Career Officer
# 18
11-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Persevered with the Aegis Deflector + Aegis engine + MACO shield setup on my Wells, and have not thus far found any reason to remove it.

It's not an outstanding combo, but it's more than adequate and I actually prefer it over the full Omega set (and I don't have a MACO deflector yet, so can't fit the full MACO set).
Personal T6 Ship Wishlist:

Nova/Rhode Island class with Hybrid Pilot BOFF seat.

That is all. (guess this wasn't really a 'list' after all!)
Career Officer
# 19
11-03-2012, 05:41 PM
I don't think the Aegis set is in as desperate need of an upgrade as people think. It still has a higher cap than the MACO shields, and the deflector still offers some nice stats. Case in point, it's still competitive at endgame.