Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Captain
# 21
11-03-2012, 09:36 PM
It's good to see we have cool players who have a lot of experience and are willing to share their knowledge in a positive way, The OP impresses me as being such, kudos to your sir.
If Mr. Defeatist were half as good as his opinion of himself he would have know he was wasting everyone's time ranting in an STF when there was a mission to complete, but then he's probably one of those people who gets trod on by everyone he meets in the real world.
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
11-04-2012, 01:42 PM
I don't like the noob crap either, its counter productive and doesn't help.

I have seen "experienced" players act like children, towards new players or those of us who try to help new players. I can't tell you how many times I have stopped to explain how to complete and STF and get crap for it. I know some will say that they should know how to do it before but everyone has to have a first time running an STF. In essence stop acting like the business end of horse and have a little patience.

I also try to provide a little leadership by asking who has probes, if we are observing the 10 percent rule, etc.. I find most players won't answer but will then complain when the objective is lost or the mission fails.

Success in the STFs is part equipment and a whole lot of communication, unfortunately too many people go in with guns blazing an no clue as whats happen elsewhere on the map.
"Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
Captain
# 23
11-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Well to be fair on the communication front, not everyone is a high speed touch typist, and stopping to respond to chat can be a serious distraction. Like pretty much every MMO this game doesn't come with an instruction manual, for repeatable missions like STFs it would be nice if players could practice in holodeck simulations to get their act together before they go live, though I suppose the Normal/Elite system is supposed to serve that purpose.
The STF que system could do with a little more player detailed info, ie. a list of player names and their ships, that way players could see what kind of company they will be having in the mission allowing them to drop out of the que without penalty. Elitists who think they are too good for everyone could see whether they are in capable company and avoid groups they don't like, sparing those groups their "distinguished" presence, and players could be forewarned if they see a name familiar for being useless or a horses buttocks, this would also allow players to avoid those who sit through fleet events to collect marks for doing nothing.
Even without such there is no justification for being abrasive with other players because they don't meet some obscure criteria, it's only a game, none of these skills are of any worth in the real world and if anyone is taking this so seriously that they can't make it an enjoyable experience for everyone they should be doing something else.