Starfleet Veteran
# 972
11-03-2012, 08:15 AM
The cake was a lie

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Lieutenant
# 973 Not Happy
11-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Well i just played on the test server. I am not please. The cost of the omega projects even at level 0 is too much. I already grind daily to get enough stuff to help my fleet projects. I am NOT grinding even more just to level my character. So it is either one or the other, but not both. It is going to be basically a fleet killer. It is hard enough now to get players to contribute dilithium to fleet projects and now you have just given them even MORE reason to hold on to it. Every Omega project I have seen you have to contribute dilithium.

We already have to grind for fleet marks, dilithium and rare commodities (like the 1000 taspar eggs and 1000 hearts of targ for a simple fleet chef) just to keep our fleets advancing. Now you add it to our characters too? That was not a great idea in my opinion.

I don't mind new content. I don't even mind changes, but not when it adds more grind to a game that is almost a 100% grindfest.

I doubt I will quit the game over it, but I will stop my monthly subscription. I am not going to pay for a game that is going to feel like a second job.

The new content is great. Love the New Romulus planet and the missions there. The Omega Force projects have little to be desired. I cannot say I will ever like it as long as you have to pay to advance your character. To me contributing dilitihum to the projects is the same as paying. The first 2 small projects basically cost 10 ZEN worth of dilithium, and that is at level 0. I would hate to see the cost at tier 5.

I know it is not going to be changed. PW/Crytic has put a lot of time and money into it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or put my real life money into it.

Just my outlook on it. I will probably take another look at it later and read up on the forums and see if there is something I missed, but the way it looks now it is just more and more grind on top of the grind we already have.

P.S. I hope they give an exact date this goes live so everyone can make sure they convert all of their EDC and salvages into dilithium. There is no reason anyone should have to wait months from now (tier 5) to get what they have already earned. That was another change that I just had to shake my head and go WTH were they thinking.

Last edited by quickdraw74; 11-03-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Lieutenant
# 974
11-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw74 View Post
P.S. I hope they give an exact date this goes live so everyone can make sure they convert all of their EDC and salvages into dilithium. There is no reason anyone should have to wait months from now (tier 5) to get what they have already earned. That was another change that I just had to shake my head and go WTH were they thinking.
I already converted all my items, just for safety.
Lt. Commander
# 975
11-03-2012, 04:33 PM
ull know when they be releasing season 7 when theres a 7 hour long maitntence day with no notes beforehand since they did that with season 6
Career Officer
# 976
11-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
I was on tribble this morning and there was reputation and all that for the borg and romulan stuff already but nothing had yet been converted. I'm actually slightly worried they're going to not put that on tribble until it's too late to do any checking. I'm still not even sure how it's really a "leg up" if they're going to be holding it all hostage like this. Anytime Cryptic has made it a point to withhold information it's a good sign that it's going to end badly for the fans.
Sigh.... This. I'm afraid this.

TBH, I've already started playing the game less. Gettin tired of running STFs, it's as simple as that.
It's even started to affect my relationship with fleetmates, it seems from the moment I log on, someone is asking me to run another STF, so they can try to get gear BEFORE the changes.

So we're grinding.....to avoid a grind. It's just crazy.

BUT:
In all fairness, there are a few things I AM looking forward too with season seven.

I've spent some time on tribble, and I really like the New Romulus map A LOT.
In fact, I could go on and on about how much I like that map.
I REALLY like the fact that there is something new in game that I can actually EXPLORE.

The reputation system: While I certainly feel that IT IS too much of a grind AND a resource sink, (more grinding is defiantly something I am not looking forward to at all.)
I AM looking forward to the passive abilities and the "advancement", of my character's skills, (with both the space and ground passives that you choose with the advancement).

To me, the chance of advancing my character, after he's been sitting idol at endgame for too long, is very refreshing. It gives me the chance to really make my character more Unique and not just cosmetically, but in abilities as well.
It helps to "flesh" him out more, if it were. If you get my meaning.

THE VESTA.... I can't begin to tell how impressed I was with how that ship looks. She's absolutely beautiful. I really wish I could fly her to get a feel for that lovely lady, I'll just have to wait.

SOMEONE/s put A LOT of work in both the Vesta and the New Romulus map.

So while there are things about season seven I can definitely do without, there are a couple of things that still have me looking forward to launch.

I'm sure there are more things to rave about that I have yet to encounter yet. I'm looking forward to tracking down those easter eggs.

I only hope my enthusiasm holds.
"It's a primitive culture. I'm just trying to blend in."-Troi
Commander
# 977
11-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a3001 View Post
Whhhyyyyyyyy!?!??!?!!?!??!?!?!?!!?
The information is out of date. Elites grant 960 and I think normals grant 480 but I have not done any normals.

Check the release notes, most of the dilithium costs for items have dropped as well.
Starfleet Veteran
# 978
11-04-2012, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikuruyo View Post
The information is out of date. Elites grant 960 and I think normals grant 480 but I have not done any normals.

Check the release notes, most of the dilithium costs for items have dropped as well.
Actually it doesn't give any dilithium now.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Empire Veteran
# 979
11-04-2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Actually it doesn't give any dilithium now.
Because the rewards are inconsisent or just plain not working currently. They've outright said this is a known issue
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Career Officer
# 980
11-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
No you are not.

If you were... we'd have fixes to long-standing bugs. We would have playable content beyond grind maps, we would not have an 8K grind-cap nor would we have yet another grind-sink.

Dstahl, you are many things (Game producer, business man, fairly nice fellow overall)-- but a listener you are not.

We the fans... are telling you OMG THIS SUCKS.

It's no longer just a small cross-section on the forum. People in TTS, Zone, STORP, and other channels are unhappy. People I've talked with in game after PUGs are unhappy.

Dstahl, you are NOT listening to your player base. Our feedback means NOTHING to Cryptic.

I would be more willing to accept the upcoming changes if there were some new story or plot advancements rather than grind-map spoonfuls.

Said my piece now, take it as you will, sir.
I really like this post, cause its completely true.

If Cryptic was kinda listening, then they would've posted again.

If Cryptic was really listening to our feedback, they would cancel the proposed STF Reputation System and make minor changes to improve the current, working, system.
Closed Thread