Ensign
# 81
10-01-2012, 02:09 PM
these white blobs can also be found in the daily mission with the borg encounters where you need to destroy 4 borg fleets and a giant borg ship.

it might be called :
cellas sector borg encounter. (sector name might be wrong).

nice to read that they are fixing this bug. it litterally destroys the frame rate.
Captain
# 82
10-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Another one for ya, Turnerboy.

Alpha Centauri, Borg Red Alert.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ntauriblob.jpg
Career Officer
# 83
11-03-2012, 03:40 AM
Hmm... I've seen these blobs too in various places, and yes they're annoying. However tacofangs (tumerboy) I think you're going at it all wrong as far as trying to fix them one or a few at a time. From what I can tell it's a supposed to be an object in space that is placed there randomly. Since it can be flown through I would assume it was intended to be something akin to a cloud of space dust, vapor etc. Something that would be visible but just barely, semi transparent, not glowing as bright as a supernova. So wouldn't a better fix be to simply change the swap that graphic for a new one with the same filename? Or am i missing a much bigger issue?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 84
11-03-2012, 11:44 PM
These are supposed to be nebulae. They should be fairly subtle. We use a procedural placement method for them. Basically, we give this thing an image, and it draws it some number of times. At some point, something changed in the code, and it caused them to all draw 1000's more of these texture cards than they're supposed to. The fix is relatively simple, but it requires that I manually interact with each nebula on each map, one at a time. I've done the ones I was able to find. You all have told us some other maps that these exist on, but what you call the map, and what the map's file name is, are often totally different. As such, I need help reconciling the two.
Unfortunately, we've been swamped with S7 work for a while now, and this has fallen by the wayside (many have already been fixed, but I know there are still others yet to address). Hopefully once we get S7 out the door I can take a little time to get back to these.

Sorry about that.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Ensign
# 85
11-04-2012, 06:53 AM
Taco: Related to this (and S7-applicable), the same issue seems to be happening on New Romulus. The fenced-off areas around the Ruins contain a glow like a dozen suns, washing out whatever was supposed to be inside. Not quite as graphics-card killing as the MU instances thankfully, but immediately recognizable as a similar issue.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 86
11-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Different beast, and I've seen that one too, I thought SWall fixed it, but I'll look into it again on Monday.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Starfleet Veteran
# 87
11-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
, but it requires that I manually interact with each nebula on each map, one at a time. I've done the ones I was able to find.
This means you need more, or better tools (and by extension tools programmers etc.).
Captain
# 88
11-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the updates.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Career Officer
# 89
12-13-2012, 08:08 PM
The worst part of this thing is the headache it gives me, the pain splits my head and leaves a feeling a lot like a migraine for some time after I see it, It had been a half hour since I last saw it, and my head still hurts, I think i may have actually sustained an injury. Thanks a lot.

Given the amount of people who have brought this issue up and included screenshots in this thread alone we have a serious issue that not only is a detriment to the quality of our game play but potentially damaging to our hardware, and even to our health.

The fact that this issue has been present for so long without being addressed is disgusting.

Last edited by pulserazor; 12-15-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Career Officer
# 90
12-15-2012, 09:25 AM
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...pscd3da645.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
These are supposed to be nebulae. They should be fairly subtle. We use a procedural placement method for them. Basically, we give this thing an image, and it draws it some number of times. At some point, something changed in the code, and it caused them to all draw 1000's more of these texture cards than they're supposed to. The fix is relatively simple, but it requires that I manually interact with each nebula on each map, one at a time. I've done the ones I was able to find. You all have told us some other maps that these exist on, but what you call the map, and what the map's file name is, are often totally different. As such, I need help reconciling the two.
Unfortunately, we've been swamped with S7 work for a while now, and this has fallen by the wayside (many have already been fixed, but I know there are still others yet to address). Hopefully once we get S7 out the door I can take a little time to get back to these.

Sorry about that.

I should think that something that could potentially damage computer hardware, monitors, and your customer's eyes, and triggers migraine headaches should not "fall by the wayside" - It causes physical duress, and should be an considered an absolute priority.

Last edited by pulserazor; 12-15-2012 at 09:56 AM.