Career Officer
# 11
11-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
Why would the romulans settle on a planet that has epic enemies and their bases? It doesn't make sense... the whole tholian, hirogen thing is nonsense as well.
Because it's a Secret Tal Shiar Base?
Captain
# 12
11-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Because it's a Secret Tal Shiar Base?

Really? really? that it?

Maybe you should understand what the Tal Shiar is, they are intelligence agency, even if they have bases and have their own Fleet (that begs the question why on Earth would allow a colony being set there in the first place, they would have either packed up and left or they would have attempted to destroy then before they could even land, after all they DO have their own Fleet) its a really far cry of your idea of a "super Secret Base" ... who happens to be developing a Super Fighter Of Doom and Plasma Death of the Dead since, after all, why its even THERE?

Also lets flush down the toilet everything that been done about New Romulus and yes, the Tal Shiar is involved but lets have moar Pew Pew in the game because we learned ABSOLUTELY NOTHING form Defera Invasion Zone and Nukara Prime.

Yes, I dont like your idea because its once again Pew Pew with more Pew Pew with a side order of Pew Pew.
Career Officer
# 13
11-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Maybe you should understand what the Tal Shiar is, they are intelligence agency
I'm really shaking my head at how you criticize me for "not understanding", yet you don't know the simple thing Intelligence Agencies do - collect information.

That's EXACLTLY why they should / have a base there - to keep tabs on D'Tan, Obisek, the Klingons, and the Federation. (BTW, I never said that base was there before the colony).

But guess you forgot about that Tal Shiar base in Mine Enemy, or various intelligence agencies had base of operations in Star Trek itself. Or maybe in the real world with the CIA having base of operations in the middle of Russia or Iraq, or Afghanistan.

Quote:
Also lets flush down the toilet everything that been done about New Romulus and yes, the Tal Shiar is involved but lets have moar Pew Pew in the game because we learned ABSOLUTELY NOTHING form Defera Invasion Zone and Nukara Prime.
And how is adding a base going to "flush <New Romulus> down the toilet"?

The reason why people got tired of Nukara and Defera is simple - PEOPLE GOT BORED doing the same missions over and over and over again. Especially working for little reward.

Thats why I suggested a secret base and get closer to a classic MMO Dungeon, where you need groups of people and spend hours trying to get to the boss, who has a rare chance of dropping something super nice. And people keep going back to these places for that item.

That's how you keep a zone relevant, not dangling little pieces of candy and expect players to stick around. Because it's ashame they work hard for months making these zones and ends up useless within 2 weeks. So the Dev Team needs to think long-term when they make zones and make it worth while to return.

Last edited by azurianstar; 11-04-2012 at 01:02 AM.