Commander
# 31
11-03-2012, 03:23 PM
They are a touch on the overly nasty side, given two copies will only ever have 10 sec of down time.

On my RSV with 9 in part gens and 4 Mk XI Rare PartGens I have TBR 3 at 5443 damage per pulse. TBR 2 is about 1k damage behind that. More than anything, it seems to simply be AP:O/Cannon 'Scorts living, breathing hard counter. Be pushed away or die. It'd probably be pretty manageable in a team situation, though. Hrm, probably. You'd be able to deliver enough spike to ice the repulsor-using ship before it made you space dust, probably.

Last edited by corsair114; 11-03-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 32
11-03-2012, 05:05 PM
maybe this has something to do with FOMM and all the other hull debuffs being nerfed on tribble. FOMM does a -29 debuff now, pretty sure it used to do about -40

as if those insta cleanable by TT debuffs needed a fricking nerf too.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 33
11-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Yeah that change is about a week old now. Dalnar did some tests and found out about that a while back.

I don't know why they would decide to just nerf debuffs like that.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 34
11-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
I don't know why they would decide to just nerf debuffs like that.
Incentive to grind the new reputation...er...perhaps they consider it balancing the new buffs/debuffs by nerfing old buffs/debuffs... but incentive to grind the new reputation. Which in its own quirky way also means an incentive to buy more Zen with the changes to Dil farming and the increased requirements for Dil in the game from grinding the new rep while doing the fleet stuff...

You must have new shiny stuffs...for a price.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Captain
# 35
11-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
those tac skills can take a long time to cool down, and its really the only way a tac/sci can deal damage. it may be a bit strong maxed out though
GW is pretty potent with a Tac.

FBP is downright killer. On my MVAE, with low Aux, I can get 1.1 damage return with FBP 2 and a 100% GDF.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Empire Veteran
# 36
11-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
maybe this has something to do with FOMM and all the other hull debuffs being nerfed on tribble. FOMM does a -29 debuff now, pretty sure it used to do about -40

as if those insta cleanable by TT debuffs needed a fricking nerf too.
29? I see -64 on holodeck. A nerf to -29 hurts.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Ensign
# 37
11-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Please fix this TBR fast... or pvp dies
Lieutenant
# 38
11-04-2012, 04:21 AM
Quote:
not tac buffed its about ~1900. those consoles seem to make a HUUUUUUUGE difference. wish they made as big a difference on EWP3's damage. fully tac buffed and with 3 partical consoles i can get 1200 dot though, cant recall what it was without all the consoles

i wish torps were a viable weapon in game

if tbr can deal that much damage, i really want to try out a 2 AtB nebula build now with TBR3. just... DAMN
/Flex.....
Lieutenant
# 39
11-04-2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfas View Post
Please fix this TBR fast... or pvp dies
Dramatic statement is dramatic.

There are plenty of other game breaking problems right now, TBR3 is hardly more of a problem than some of the glaring P2W abilities.

If anything it could get toned down a bit, but yeah, lets nerf more science abilities to the ground, great idea.

Last edited by reichwald12; 11-04-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-04-2012, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reichwald12 View Post
There are plenty of other game breaking problems right now, TBR3 is hardly more of a problem than some of the glaring P2W abilities.
You haven't seen the current TBR in action, have you?