Working as intended

Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
# 512
11-03-2012, 02:51 AM
Easy to say if you are in a large fleet and people contribute a little at a time than a person that pays the bills by himself.

Even if Borticus reduced the DOFF Cost by 50% for Starbase Projects, these DOFF Dilithum charges HURT. Players no longer can shuffle DOFFs (between common and uncommon) to get the right DOFFS they need for the Starbases.

Cryptic better get on the ball, or else Fleets will stop working on their Starbases.

Last edited by azurianstar; 11-03-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Rihannsu
# 513
11-03-2012, 03:11 AM
Really 5k for 1 Bleeding doff? Really? Who's the Genius that thought this was A good idea.

As an indirect way of seeing it, Cryptic really does HATE small fleets.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Ensign
# 514
11-04-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm just going to put my vote out there (THIS IS A STUPID MOVE). DOFFing is one of the few things I still log on for. This will change that. I am not sure I can justify spending any more $ on this game. There are already enough grinds.

@PWE/CRYPTIC: RETHINK YOUR STRATEGY!
Captain
# 515
11-04-2012, 12:38 AM
I don't know if a large fleet like the one I am part
Of will be any better off than a small fleet

The new player doff and dilithium and resource
Grind times to level there character will effectively
Stop our base from getting to tier 5 for a long time

I believe this is working as intended as well

Not one member of our fleet likes it either
I believe this will Hurt fan loyalty to a large degree
When it goes live and the silent majority. Wakes up
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Career Officer
# 516
11-04-2012, 03:35 AM
It's now become a running joke and a bit of a disgrace, nothing explained about this at all by the Devs.

embarrassingly poor customer relations.
Captain
# 517
11-04-2012, 06:19 AM
@Jellico1: Since we started arguing gthey announced the complete removal of all non-white doff requierments from SB's. You'll now need a larger number of whites instead.

That said i've picked up on one other thing this is going to do. SEVERLY nerf the quality of lockbox loot. The lockbox packs are nearly all whites, so the upgrinder was perfect for shifting those, but now, those boxes are only going to be worth it to flets struggling to meet doff totals.
Captain
# 518
11-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
@Jellico1: Since we started arguing gthey announced the complete removal of all non-white doff requierments from SB's. You'll now need a larger number of whites instead.

That said i've picked up on one other thing this is going to do. SEVERLY nerf the quality of lockbox loot. The lockbox packs are nearly all whites, so the upgrinder was perfect for shifting those, but now, those boxes are only going to be worth it to flets struggling to meet doff totals.
And just where is this announcement? I can't find it.
Career Officer
# 519
11-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
And just where is this announcement? I can't find it.
Its right here, under 'System'... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=432681

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Systems:
  • Updated requirements for Fleet Starbase projects.
    • Replaced all Gamma Quadrant commodities, turrets and weapon platform requirements with standard commodity requirements.
    • Replaced rare food/drink items from Bartender and Chef unlock projects with standard Food/Drink inputs.
    • Reduced all Duty Officer input requirements on Fleet Starbase Projects
      • If a project previously required only White duty officers, the number required has been decreased .
      • If a project previously required a specific Specialization, it generally now requires a Department instead.
      • All Green, Blue and Purple quality requirements on Duty Officers were reduced to White quality requirements.
        • These changes in quality and relative value haves led to many requirements increasing in number of items required, but not in overall cost.
    • For all of the above changes:
      • Projects already in progress, with the Duration Timer counting down, will be unaffected by the above changes.
      • If you have already input items into any of the affected requirement fields, you will not lose your ongoing progress or any Fleet Credit you earned by doing so.
      • If a requirement field was previously filled and now requires a higher number of inputs, it will no longer be filled unless the project has already begun its duration timer.
      • If a requirement field was previously partially-filled and now requires fewer inputs, causing it to fill, this will require the Project's duration timer to begin if it was the last remaining incomplete requirement.

Last edited by grouchyotaku; 11-04-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Career Officer
# 520
11-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Logically then what is the need for the stupid 5000 dilithium on blue to purple upgrind.

There isn't one