Commander
# 41
11-04-2012, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakehilbert View Post
You haven't seen the current TBR in action, have you?
I have. Both as Tac/RSV and Tac/BoP. Spent most of the night playing with it.

It needs nerfing. Tac buffed is 3-6 pulses, target dies without PH. Double TBR can be rolled with 10 seconds of downtime between them. PH can't keep up with that as far as I understand it.

There's every likelihood that, at this point, it would/will/can cause the game to turn into "Do I PH and TBR, or TBR and wait for PH, or, oh, I got TBR'd and died now. Dang." It sticks so far out that it really, really is wacky overpowered, especially in light of the way hull healing works. A lot of things still need attention, but you can add this power to list.

I don't really want it nerfed into the ground for damage, but it's waaay to strong at the moment.
Ensign
# 42
11-04-2012, 05:24 AM
Hi there. Kinda new on the forum but I'd like to give my 2c on the TBR.

Yesterday, I tried my brel with TBR3. I put 3x XII particle gens on the ship with Aux to Batt to lower my aux for low repulse. With the consoles, Brel cloak, Alpha, GDF and Tactical Fleet, I sat at about 12k per pulse. Fire on My Mark and the Grav. Anchor on the 3pc Omega both give a decent debuff. I've blown up ships in 2 pulses. This thing is op.

Obviously, the cooldowns on the abilities is high, but still, unbuffed it sits at about 6k per pulse. Still quite potent.
Ensign
# 43
11-04-2012, 06:56 AM
[Combat (Self)] Your Tractor Beam Repulsor III deals 32869 (18049) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to drail.
Bo'rek Khard.
Captain
# 44
11-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeger6 View Post
[Combat (Self)] Your Tractor Beam Repulsor III deals 32869 (18049) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to drail.
Good Lawdy Miss Clawdy!

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Lt. Commander
# 45
11-04-2012, 07:32 AM
you guys are saying they "broke" this ability recently. Do these "breaks" happen often? Seems like having to shift your build on a regular basis to deal with things like this instead of maximizing your build is something cryptic would jump on top of right away. Doesn't seem "fun" to have to put PH on every build due to one broken ability
Captain
# 46
11-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournacelles2 View Post
you guys are saying they "broke" this ability recently. Do these "breaks" happen often? Seems like having to shift your build on a regular basis to deal with things like this instead of maximizing your build is something cryptic would jump on top of right away. Doesn't seem "fun" to have to put PH on every build due to one broken ability
In the short run BFI, Aux2Damp, Kinetic resist consoles may help as well as PH. Not sure about the Jem set BFI attribute. Also, you can try and outrun them.

Edit: There's a max number of objects TBR effects. I hate to say it, but spam may also help.
Captain
# 47
11-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Me, Trinity and Pax from TRH did a recording regarding this. My poor carrier went through some hull stress. YES, TBR in its current state needs a fix, and quick!
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 48
11-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournacelles2 View Post
Happens often. Mostly because Cryptic undervalues the value of feedback / bug reporting that they can get from pvp community.

If Cryptic did listen to some folks here instead giving them forum bans, stuff like this would rarely happen.
Empire Veteran
# 49
11-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Yip last night I was also in the receiving end of this + FBP 3.

My hull was chewed through faster than I was even able to switch targets.

Definitely, not working as intended....
Captain
# 50
11-04-2012, 10:09 PM
I would like to bump this thread for Borticus...