Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,483
# 71
11-04-2012, 08:20 AM
KDF Vet Sci:

CRF3 APO CVS1 TT

TB1 TB2 PSW1

ST1 HE2 The ens is utility.

EPTS1 EPTS2

ET This is utility.

Omega Shields and Engines

Flow Cap Deflector or Omega Deflector or Shield Boosting Deflector
Resist Device, Shield Batt, Engine Batt

Borg Console, RCS, Vet Console

HP+ Console, Plas Leech

4x Energy Weapon Choice
(Disruptors boost lotus, but may chose others for procs since not Tac)

Doffs:

2x Photonic
1x Battery Booster
1x TB
1x Hazzards

This is a build for pugs. The ET/ST are for countering/clearing. Don't have TT or anyother team in a Macro. Don't prebuff a TT before decloak. You may need ST or ET to clear incoming debuffs/disables.

Flow Cap should be maxed to boost plas leech gain and Tet glider damage.

Tb cooldown start @ activation, so will have decent cooldown to go w/the decent PSW cooldown.

Damage is supplemental vs good players, will kill bad ones. Best when used in tandom w/a Tac or another Sci who's DPS support.

PSW is for interrupt not damage. Use it to break ES or to disrupt heal/resist buff cycles.

W/the TBs and the 30+ACC from tactical mode you can focus on CritH weapon procs.

Can swap out Omega Engines for Fleet engines and go w/Omega Deflector. W/the +30ACC from ship again,the +targeting from Deflector is less needed w/the TBs.

Evasives+Engine Batt is your friend, this isn't a tanky build.

Last edited by p2wsucks; 11-04-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,483
# 72
11-04-2012, 08:29 AM
KDF Vet Tac

CRF3, APO1, CVS1, TT

ET, Aux2Batt, EPTS3

Sci Team1, HE2 Ens slot utility

EPTW1, RSP1

TB Utility

Omega Shields and Engines

Flow Cap Deflector or Omega Deflector

Resist Device, Shield Batt, Eng Batt

Borg Console, RCS, Vet Console

Flow Cap, Plas Leech

4x Disruptor Damage (GDF w/lotus too good to leave lotus unbuffed)

Doffs:
3x Tech
1x Battery
1x WareCore Eng

This is a build for pugs. The ET/ST are for countering/clearing. Don't have TT or anyother team in a Macro. Don't prebuff a TT before decloak. You may need ST or ET to clear incoming debuffs/disables.

Flow Cap should be maxed to boost plas leech gain and Tet glider damage.

Don't Prebuff GDF. With RSP1, EPST3 and shield batt you should be able to have a nice low hull while maintaining shields.

CritH or CritD weapons procs, no more than 1 ACC since ship has +30 in tactical mode and you may have a TB.

Evasives+Engine Batt is your friend, you'll still take a beating when under FF from decent players.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,865
# 73
11-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Got a question regarding current KDF endgame sets- My TAC in a Qin (soon to be Somraw) who uses only energy weapons now has both omega and KHG sets in mk11, as well as a mk12 KHG shield. I currently run mk11 omega with the mk12 KHG shield and tho they're quite effective in PvE I'm hesitant about trying it in PvP. I've recently earned a full mk12 set (ya, all 3 pieces) and was wondering which complete set would be best for my particular ship/weapons, and TAC capt. I DO sometimes mount a torp for certain PvE missions but thats NOT what this toon is being setup for.


I love the KHG shield but noticed the shield take forever to naturally recharge running with a mk12 field gen and a mk11 emitter array, but am unsure if the omega mk12 will last long enough in a PvP environemt even with my second field gen mounted.

I LOVE the KHG power bonus from the engines, but noticed the mk11 and 12 are identical.

I'm unsure about the deflectors, they appear pretty similiar but I think the edge goes to the KHG.

As well, the glider bonus appears identical between both mk11 and 12, and as I rarely cloak I don't know if the KHG 3piece masking bonus will be much benefit to me tho the gravatic anchor from the omega set looks interesting. Please forgive my questions as I've been running Aegis and have no experience with either of these sets until very recently.

So, wadda ya think ?
omega is a good shield especially for a ship that suffers from a mediocre turn rate like the qin. the little speed bosts help that. on a somraw your omega will actually have more hitpoints then it does on the qin, due to tier 2 and 3 fleet ships having a strange undocumented extra hitpoints. combined with the lower mod, it helps lower cap shields have more hitpoints. but ships with higher shield mods work beter with higher cap shields, they get the most out of them.


the KHG shield is not a very good shield unless you can refill it with very strong shield heals like EPtS3, and ST2 or TSS2 and up. on an escort it will be at slivers most of the time. until maco is attainable by kdf, you have 2 options.

omega like mentioned and with the 3 part set gives you gravametric anchor, a very nice hold/disable. on a ship this fragile though not useing the borg set is risky. plus a ship designed to burst a hole in your shields doesn't need shield damage over time as much as a less bursty type of ship.

the other option, and the one i recommend, is buying the fleet MKXII Resilient cap3 resA shield from the fleet store. its the closest to maco you can get, and his useful to pvp resist built in for phaser, tet and pol. use this shield with the borg set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Hmm, looks like ya sold me on the omega. I've been struggling to justify that shield as it's weaker than the Aegis, but after doing the math I see the second field gen is a MUST to make the shield equal to the KHG with a single field gen- but i get twice the recharge rate of the KHG.

BTW, doesn anyone remember what happened to the thread containing the confirmed shield modifier numbers on the fleet ships ? Search function isn't being nice to me this morning.
i keep that handy dandy thread in my sig. the last page has the true and accurate findings.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 11-04-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 74
11-04-2012, 11:33 AM
sorry cant get this post out. wrong thred moving along
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,380
# 75
11-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
omega is a good shield especially for a ship that suffers from a mediocre turn rate like the qin. the little speed bosts help that. on a somraw your omega will actually have more hitpoints then it does on the qin, due to tier 2 and 3 fleet ships having a strange undocumented extra hitpoints. combined with the lower mod, it helps lower cap shields have more hitpoints. but ships with higher shield mods work beter with higher cap shields, they get the most out of them.


the KHG shield is not a very good shield unless you can refill it with very strong shield heals like EPtS3, and ST2 or TSS2 and up. on an escort it will be at slivers most of the time. until maco is attainable by kdf, you have 2 options.

omega like mentioned and with the 3 part set gives you gravametric anchor, a very nice hold/disable. on a ship this fragile though not useing the borg set is risky. plus a ship designed to burst a hole in your shields doesn't need shield damage over time as much as a less bursty type of ship.

the other option, and the one i recommend, is buying the fleet MKXII resistant cap3 resA shield from the fleet store. its the closest to maco you can get, and his useful to pvp resist built in for phaser, tet and pol. use this shield with the borg set.



i keep that handy dandy thread in my sig. the last page has the true and accurate findings.
TY sir, I could've sworn I saw some stats for the fleet Somraw that showed an obscenely high shield mod of around .91 (which is what convinced me to get the Fl. Somraw over the Fl. Vorcha), but that was a few weeks ago. Still, having the borg set as well I have some room to experiment but having little time left before S7 start I kinda wanted to blow my mk12 set requisitions before they lock them up.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 793
# 76
11-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the other option, and the one i recommend, is buying the fleet MKXII resistant cap3 resA shield from the fleet store. its the closest to maco you can get, and his useful to pvp resist built in for phaser, tet and pol. use this shield with the borg set.
are you sure you don't mean Resilient?? or is it just ANY cap3 resA shield? If you have good shield boffs I think the Regenerative shield with the above properties would be better, no?
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 273
# 77
11-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
are you sure you don't mean Resilient?? or is it just ANY cap3 resA shield? If you have good shield boffs I think the Regenerative shield with the above properties would be better, no?
Just a typo. I'm dead certain he meant the Fleet Resilient Shield Array Mk XII [Cap]x3 [ResA].

[Edit]

At least for the next week or two, it appears "activate TBR, win match" is pretty close to a viable strategy.

Last edited by corsair114; 11-04-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,865
# 78
11-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair114 View Post
Just a typo. I'm dead certain he meant the Fleet Resilient Shield Array Mk XII [Cap]x3 [ResA].

[Edit]

At least for the next week or two, it appears "activate TBR, win match" is pretty close to a viable strategy.
yep. i knew it was res something, couldn't remember if is was resilient or resistant though lol

for every ship crusher running TBR right now, there is just as many out there running 0 into particle proboly very confused as to why they arent dealing a ton of damage wile every one else is.

hint: partial consoles. and 99 into partial skill of course. im just using it to kill runabouts thats all, i cant help it if anyone else gets in the way
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,330
# 79
11-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
hint: partial consoles. and 99 into partial skill of course. im just using it to kill runabouts thats all, i cant help it if anyone else gets in the way
Have to wonder if you've seen an increase in the use of SS with the increase in TBR...
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
I.S.S. Arcadia, Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser Retrofit
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,865
# 80
11-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Have to wonder if you've seen an increase in the use of SS with the increase in TBR...
it certainly attracts AMS
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:07 AM.