Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 245
Ok, the costs of the Borg set increased, but you get them guaranteed and pay dilithium. Fine.

But removing all Borg space weapons from the shop?! Is no one aware of this change yet?

If you don't want a programmer to enter all 144 borg space weapons into projects, just leave the space weapon shop and give as one project that generates a requisition for it...

And now please join me in a moment of silence while we remember and show respect to the weapons that will no longer be available.

*queue Amazing Grace*

Antiproton Beam Array [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Dual Antiproton Beam Bank [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Antiproton Dual Heavy Cannons Array [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Antiproton Dual Cannons [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Antiproton Cannon [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Antiproton Turret [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]

Phaser Beam Array [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Dual Phaser Beam Bank [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons Array [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Phaser Dual Cannons [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Phaser Cannon [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Phaser Turret [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]

Disruptor Beam Array [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Dual Disruptor Beam Bank [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannons Array [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Disruptor Dual Cannons [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Disruptor Cannon [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Disruptor Turret [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]

Plasma Beam Array [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Dual Plasma Beam Bank [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Plasma Dual Heavy Cannons Array [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Plasma Dual Cannons [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Plasma Cannon [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Plasma Turret [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]

Polaron Beam Array [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Dual Polaron Beam Bank [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Polaron Dual Heavy Cannons Array [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Polaron Dual Cannons [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Polaron Cannon [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Polaron Turret [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]

Tetryon Beam Array [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Dual Tetryon Beam Bank [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Tetryon Dual Heavy Cannons Array [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Tetryon Dual Cannons [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Tetryon Cannon [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]
Tetryon Turret [Acc] [CrtH] [Borg]

Quantum Torpedo Launcher [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]
Plasma Torpedo Launcher [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]
Transphasic Torpedo Launcher [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]
Chroniton Torpedo Launcher [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]
Tricobalt Mobile Device Torpedo Launcher [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]
Photon Torpedo Launcher [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]

Quantum Mine Launcher [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]
Plasma Mine Launcher [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]
Transphasic Mine Launcher [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]
Chroniton Mine Launcher [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]
Tricobalt Device Launcher [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]
Photon Mine Launcher [CrtD] [CrtH] [Borg]

(times 3 for Mk X XI XII)

Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 721
# 2
11-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Well the [Borg] proc never worked correctly with half of Borg not being classed as borg. I guess they gave up trying to fix it and now there is little chance of it being fixed for those of us who still have those weapons.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,037
# 3
11-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Yeah, most people currently testing probably won't care until they level a new toon that the Borg weapons are gone. It's going to mean that a lot of newbies are going to be under-geared far longer than under the old system. Only a few options from the replay rewards (OK if you're cruiser but their are no turrets for escorts) and most won't be making that much EC to grab things from the Exchange. In the time the first Omega Reputation project takes to cooldown, I'd have had the full Borg set and several [Borg] Mk XI weapons from starting with mixed mark gear and enough EC from end-STF loot drop to help fill in the consoles.
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,102
# 4
11-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
Well the [Borg] proc never worked correctly with half of Borg not being classed as borg.
More accurately, it didn't work as designed, if/when it worked at all. For Season 7, it was redesigned as the T4 passive Kinetic proc. With slotting it into an ability slot, we no longer needed to sell the items.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 860
# 5
11-04-2012, 01:23 PM
So what happens to the existing [BORG] weapons? And how does this new ability work/come into play? Any chance of some insight for those of us who haven't maanged to get that far in testing?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,317
# 6
11-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
More accurately, it didn't work as designed, if/when it worked at all. For Season 7, it was redesigned as the T4 passive Kinetic proc. With slotting it into an ability slot, we no longer needed to sell the items.
Makes sense. Either waste a bonus on a weapon for a proc that doesn't work all the time for a specific enemy or the choice between a proc that deals damage to all enemies or increased shield regeneration. I would rather go with the choice of powers.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,425
# 7
11-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
So what happens to the existing [BORG] weapons? And how does this new ability work/come into play? Any chance of some insight for those of us who haven't maanged to get that far in testing?
It would appear that they remain as-is but with discontinued support for them (ie. they fall outside the design goals of the new system), it would be nice if they could be handed in for marks or standard purple weapons.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 426
# 8
11-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
More accurately, it didn't work as designed, if/when it worked at all. For Season 7, it was redesigned as the T4 passive Kinetic proc. With slotting it into an ability slot, we no longer needed to sell the items.
Is the suggestion then that, with the loss of STF weapons, we are supposed to be turning to Fleet weapons instead as 'top tier'?

I actually think that's probably a better way to handle it, although I can see people objecting to the fact that their fleet might not have Elite fleet weapons for a while.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 778
# 9
11-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
Yeah, most people currently testing probably won't care until they level a new toon that the Borg weapons are gone. It's going to mean that a lot of newbies are going to be under-geared far longer than under the old system. Only a few options from the replay rewards (OK if you're cruiser but their are no turrets for escorts) and most won't be making that much EC to grab things from the Exchange. In the time the first Omega Reputation project takes to cooldown, I'd have had the full Borg set and several [Borg] Mk XI weapons from starting with mixed mark gear and enough EC from end-STF loot drop to help fill in the consoles.
I don't use that gear any more
fleet store elite gear

the old gear need a boost to be more in line with fleet gear

fleet gear is far better than old out dated stf store
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,077
# 10
11-04-2012, 04:39 PM
If the borg proc is becoming irrelevant can we have the weapons given a mod that is actually usefull to repalce it?

For example change a MK XII [Acc] [CrH] [Borg] weapon into [Acc] CrH] [CrD], or even [Dmg] would be ok.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:18 AM.