Lt. Commander
# 21
11-04-2012, 02:29 PM
The Epohh-tagging mission fills me with childlike joy. But it's too short. For a mission with a 20-hour cooldown, I would like to have maybe 3 minutes of Epohh-tagging. If that means doubling the requirements for the Doff assignments I'm okay with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
do you think Admiral Nachayev would breed... opeh ...hepo.. happy hippos?
Absolutely.

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
Krushan Twinn - Orion Science
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
11-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Can we get cannibal Epohhs?

Or at least Klingon Attacking Epohhs?
Captain
# 23
11-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatmatt View Post
The Epohh-tagging mission fills me with childlike joy. But it's too short. For a mission with a 20-hour cooldown, I would like to have maybe 3 minutes of Epohh-tagging. If that means doubling the requirements for the Doff assignments I'm okay with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
Can we get cannibal Epohhs?

Or at least Klingon Attacking Epohhs?
I support both of these posts.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
11-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Meh...I couldnt even find the mission or what to do. Maybe its just me but things seem both too simple (missions in general are mindlessly easy) or too complicated (in that the set up is overly tedious). For example why have soo many scientists at each base camp, why do i have to run to different areas to get an assignment for such a small map. Why, when its so easy to run out of a specific sample area do i need to find my way back to a specific scientist instead of any romulan mission-giver. Sorry, I guess this comment went beyond the cute doggies but it all seems similar to me.
Commander
# 25
11-04-2012, 06:45 PM
While I suspected based upon the graphics and discussion of Epohh and related size chart, I failed to find the Epohh mission(s), that said I am far from being a good Doff user. The Pig-Nosed rabbit things, also know as Epohhs which apparently Romulan for pet (Sorry for the spoiler!), are pretty adorable, and don't make me want phaser them unlike most of the Rat Dog, things I see running around. Though I will make an exception for the white poofy tailed one, as its just ridiculously playful.
Super Moderator
# 26
11-05-2012, 10:44 AM
I was only able to get one tag the one time I ran it.

And I have to confess that as much as I appreciate a non-combat way to play and collect Romulan Marks, I'm not otherwise seeing the point.

I understand only that we can "collect" these pets, depending on how many tags we manage to collect and the results of a related DOFF assignment. If this "Epohh" breeding has any other benefit (aside from Marks) I didn't get it.

It does seem a little overcomplicated, with fairly low returns for the amount of time you'd have to spend doing it to get anywhere. Only the New Romulus Transporter System can make this particular task bearable... If I had to slog back there on foot every single time...
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 27
11-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Looks too much like a targ. C'mon guys, making aliens is the most funnest thing a game artist can do. Very disappointed you just slapped some antennae on a pig.
Commander
# 28
11-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I was only able to get one tag the one time I ran it.

And I have to confess that as much as I appreciate a non-combat way to play and collect Romulan Marks, I'm not otherwise seeing the point.

I understand only that we can "collect" these pets, depending on how many tags we manage to collect and the results of a related DOFF assignment. If this "Epohh" breeding has any other benefit (aside from Marks) I didn't get it.

It does seem a little overcomplicated, with fairly low returns for the amount of time you'd have to spend doing it to get anywhere. Only the New Romulus Transporter System can make this particular task bearable... If I had to slog back there on foot every single time...
Would be cool if you could 'breed' combat pets. Like crossing Tribbles with Horta....

Give yourself a benefit to that complexity.
Career Officer
# 29
11-05-2012, 03:36 PM
My only complaint is that the breeding instructions need to be relayed more clearly.

From how I understand it, you do the Tag Mission to Earn Tags (maybe over multiple days), then do a DOFF mission. But then what? How do you upgrade to the next step?

Also like mentioned before, be nice if we could raise attack versions. Maybe implement attack pets with the other creatures of new Romulus?
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
11-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
(but seriously what is it with MMOs and vanity Pets? what kind of player are those aimed at? 13 year old girls or who? i guess i'm not the target audience for everything here)
At least with one MMO (which shall go unnamed for now) they made the Vanity Pets their own mini-game (Battle Pets) where you train, fight and capture others... I'm really not sure how tribbles would go about fighting though