Career Officer
# 11
11-04-2012, 02:49 PM
I don't see the value if only the player sees it, unless the dialogues the player sees also get tinkered with as part of a relationship system like WoW has now or Mass Effect.

The point of having your BOffs in social zones is half showing off.

Now, in missions, I can see perks to using the mission owner or team leader's BOffs as NPCs.

Or having summon points in social zones like the ones on Rator where generic NPCs all show up as BOffs, in this case triggered to look like the BOffs of the person who summoned them.

But I kinda think persistent worlds should be the same for everyone in a given instance of them.
Career Officer
# 12
11-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Where showing off crew is concerned, I firmly believe they need to redo the way pets work, in part to clear up a lot of petspam in inventory, and include the bridge officers in there.

IE. I 'use' my Sehlat, Epohh, Space Poodle or space pets (shuttles, Gekli), it's consumed and added to a pet library that I can summon pets from (one at a time) by rightclicking my portrait and selecting the Pets menu, much the same way I change uniforms. Once we have that, presumably we could include our bridge officers in there as well, as non-combat pets.

Edit: Okay, I just realized they may have just tanked this possibility in Season 7. Since the Epohhs you can catch and evolve on New Romulus, are probably meant to be usable for you and slottable into Doff assignments at the same time. Once the Epohh'd be consumed into a pet stable, that could be a problem.

Ah well, it was a good idea for the four minutes it lasted.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 11-04-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Captain
# 13
11-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
Edit: Okay, I just realized they may have just tanked this possibility in Season 7. Since the Epohhs you can catch and evolve on New Romulus, are probably meant to be usable for you and slottable into Doff assignments at the same time. Once the Epohh'd be consumed into a pet stable, that could be a problem.

Ah well, it was a good idea for the four minutes it lasted.
I know, I've suggested this idea before as well.

Though, one way they could still do this have the Mugato trainer guy on DS9 become a special vendor that enables you to turn pets into tray powers and vice versa for a Latinum price.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.