Lt. Commander
Like the title says I am trying to make a good carrier build so far I use

Deflector: Borg Retro
Impulse: Borg Retro
Shields: Borg Retro

Fore Weapons: 2 Phaser beam array (Borg) and Tricobalt launcher (Borg)
Aft weapons: 3 Phaser Beam array (borg)

Eng Consoles: RCS accelerator Mk XI (rare), Field Emitter MK X (very rare), Plasma Manifold MK XI (rare)
Sci Consoles: Particle Generator Mk XI (rare), Biofunction Monitor Mk XI (Very rare), Graviton Generator Mk XI (rare), and Assimilated Module
Tac Consoles: Phaser Relay Mk XI (rare) and Directed energy manifold MK XI (rare)

Hanger: Type 10 shuttles, Advanced Danube Runabouts, or Advanced Peregrine Fighters (all depends on which mission I am playing)

Just wondering if there are other build geared more towards DPS or Tanking

Captain
# 2
07-15-2013, 10:06 PM
I for one run my Atrox, with either the full MK12 BORG or MACO sets, with 3 MK12 Embassy science plasma consoles, two MK11 Plasma infusers and all romulan rep weapons, with the console and the borg console. its a pretty decent platform of ESTF's
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
07-15-2013, 10:55 PM
OK this is my Atrox build. When I list items, I will list what I think is best choice to what you can get cheaply or from missions.

3P KHG (Adapted MACO) Look at the bonuses on this set, it was basically designed for Carriers.

I think Plasma provides the most bang for your buck running full Aux on a Carrier. Disruptors would be a good second choice IMO.

Weapons
Fore:
Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedo launcher > Omega Torpedo Launcher > Harg'Peng Torpedo Launcher.
Romulan Experimental Beam Array > Romulan Plasma Disruptor Beam Array > Plasma Beam Array > Beam Array
Romulan Plasma Disruptor Dual Beam Bank > Plasma Dual Beam Bank > Dual Beam Bank

Aft:
2x Romulan Plasma Disruptor Beam Array > Plasma Beam Array > Beam Array
Kinetic Cutting Beam > Plasma Turret > Turret > Beam Array.

The goal is to have good all round fire power, your back is a little weak but you have 4 beams (I count the Dual as 2) in all direction except the back 90 which only has 3. Those Torps can really hurt too.

Consoles:
Eng:
2x Neutronium, 1x Monotanium. (I don't change power levels so I don't need EPS, and the KHG Engine provides better boosts than those consoles)
Sci:
Field Generator, Assimilated Module, Zero Point Module. Use the last console to buff your Sci Powers, if you don't have those 2 rep console buff sci powers more.
Tac:
2x +Plasma Energy weapons > Boost your Energy Weapons.

Hanger:
Fighters or Runabouts, the best you've got. Maybe a single Advanced Stalker for Donatra in KASE. Elite Scorpions if you can get them.

Honestly I don't know what Warp Core to suggest, +Aux will boost your Sci Abilities.

BOFFs:
Tac:
Tac Team 1 > Attack Pattern: Beta 1
Eng:
Emergency power to Shields 1 > Aux to SIF 1 > Warp Plasma
Sci:
Polarise Hull 1 > Hazard Emitters 2 > Energy Siphon/Trykens Rift
Transfer Shield Strength > Tractor Beam Repulsors > Chraged Particle Burst > Gravity Well 3

You may like different powers to me depending on how your specced.

DOFFs:
2x Purple Conn Officers to reduce Tac Team's time.
1x Gravimetric Sci to get more out of Gravity Well
1x Flight Deck Officer to lower recharges.
1x Matter-Antimatter to trap ships in Warp Plasma.

If you have access to the enchanced Engineering consoles I'd go for turn or resistance. And - Threat +Plasma damage for Sci consoles. RCS has such a small increase I don't see any point running it. The Dilithium Mine T1 Engineering consoles will provide the same amount of turn as that 1 RCS without taking up an Engineering console space.

My build gives you the 2 & 3P bonus from the KHG, 2P from Borg, 2 & 3P from Romulans. Which also enhances your Plasma damage. But I admit you need some rep to do it and you need to swap out the Borg Engine in Sector Space all the time because the Klingons got screwed on sector speed unlike the MACO set.

Since Sector Space speed has little to no effect in game, I think they should add a +.5 to your max Warp for every level of the Omega Rep. Meaning 12.5 Warp with any engine, 16.5 with the Borg. Maybe limit it so the bonus stop when your base is Warp 15 before Driver Coil.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 4
07-16-2013, 03:02 AM
Above all else aux2bat (farm the doff's in btran cluster for free).

Second, whatever you come up with your pets will be your main source of destruction.
Either find a fleet that will give you access to elite ones or do the romulan one for elite scorpions.

Third, right now your build is all over the place - some tanking, some dps some controlling.

Try and start with one thing you want more than anything and then specialize.

My main focus is my pets' damage so I use beta pattern and doff's with +50 accuracy in intercept mode.

Secondary I do controlling spamming gravity well and tyken's rift like there is no tomorrow using aux2bat.

And lastly I cycle tanking, epts, HE, tss, tactical team, polarize hull constantly even before I get shot. If they do start shooting me I got feedback pulse for them.

Using aux2bat I can have epts up at all times with just 1 copy and in my opinion no matter what kind of ship you want aux2bat is key. For the simple reason it gives you a 300 % CD on everything - wasting a doff slot on say reduced tactical team cooldown or science team is not very smart.

Basically whatever abilities you enjoy is what you should spam using aux2bat.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-16-2013, 05:50 AM
This is my DPS build. Still needs some refining, but I'm quite happy with the BOFF and DOFF stations - I have 2 Damage Control Engineers and EPtS and EPtW are up at least 70% of the time(both of them). i can finish a side in KASE in a little less that 8 minutes - given someone else is shooting probes. The scorpions are mandatory if you want DPS - they do around 55% of my pew-pew-ing. Also, I have all the CC I may need. The W->A core is good as it gives me +12-14 to the Aux power level.

High Aux is good if you-ve reached T4 nukara rep - I get +18 with Aux@90.

Also a hint -the Advanced Danubes do a quarter of the DPS of what the elite scorpions do.

Last edited by satanailofhwbg; 07-16-2013 at 05:55 AM.
Captain
# 6
07-16-2013, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Above all else aux2bat (farm the doff's in btran cluster for free).

Using aux2bat I can have epts up at all times with just 1 copy and in my opinion no matter what kind of ship you want aux2bat is key. For the simple reason it gives you a 300 % CD on everything - wasting a doff slot on say reduced tactical team cooldown or science team is not very smart.

Basically whatever abilities you enjoy is what you should spam using aux2bat.
While aux2bat + doffs is awesome wouldn't auxilary shutdown cut the hanger bays after each use? I know low aux increases recharge time, pretty sure aux offline greys out hangers until some aux power returns?
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
07-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
While aux2bat + doffs is awesome wouldn't auxilary shutdown cut the hanger bays after each use? I know low aux increases recharge time, pretty sure aux offline greys out hangers until some aux power returns?
Yes 0 Aux and the Hangers shut down. I honestly don't think the Atrox is the Carrier to run an Aux2Bat build on. Every other Carrier has Frigates and Frigates would live longer and thus be a better pet choice for Aux2Bat.

And since the Atrox is Sci heavy it makes less sense. But hey if he likes it run it. I think it would be awesome on say a Mirror Vo'quv with BoPs, or better yet a Kar'fi.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.