Career Officer
# 11
11-04-2012, 04:06 PM
I am experiencing a simliar issue as well. My cpatain is currently stuck on Starbase 39. This is the third time Tribble has crashed my computer since season 7 was released for testing. The first 2 only led to a blue screen and reboot. The third time led to a system check.
I don't have the specs on hand, but I'm using an HP with intel i(3, 5, or 7) and bluray hd graphics.
Holodeck plays fine. Never had this issue. Definitely associated with Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Please create support tickets for this bug. Lets bug them back!!! Seriously though do create tickets and send them in, they need to know that this effects a lot of people. Yeah the only sort of solution is it o turn the graphic quality settings to zero. you still get the blanking but no crashing. And yes for me this only happens on tribble. Also I checked AA is turned off for me. So this really is them screwing up the coding.
Career Officer
# 13
11-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Intel graphics cards are not gaming cards, never have been, and they don't meet requirements of any 3D games... I wouldn't be surprised if they were listed as not supported.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-04-2012, 07:59 PM
They are listed as being minimum specs. And I have been playing fine on Holodeck since I joined STO. This is very clearly a huge bug in Season 7. One that I hope they fix before Season 7 goes to Holodeck. Otherwise.....well...I may just have to find another game to play..which would be a shame.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-04-2012, 08:03 PM
And there are games that use 3d that this card can run. Sure not the newest games, but it does fine on others. And since it is doing fine on Holodeck....
And I have made certain that it is not my drivers or anything else to do with my system. Then it must be bad coding on STO's part.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-04-2012, 08:47 PM
One more thought occurred to me. The worst of the video driver crashing happened when I was playing with the new content. In the new sector of space or on one of the new STF's. I went through a cure space STF with no problems. Annnnd I don't think the graphics upgrade was that much. The two people I was playing with hardly noticed it and mentioned it exactly once. Sooo that tells me it was not that much of a upgrade in graphics and that this issue really is just bad coding.. and therefore a bug. And as I said I made sure that it was not my computer..I even risked bricking my computer flashing the ******n BIOS.
Commander
# 17
11-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
Intel graphics cards are not gaming cards, never have been, and they don't meet requirements of any 3D games... I wouldn't be surprised if they were listed as not supported.
yes but.... up until now the card worked extremely well to play the game and still runs holodeck very well. ....STO could be at risk of losing lots of gamers who don't have the mega wads of $$$ to go out any buy a gaming video card. Up until now, my Intel HD Graphics worked awesome! Are you suggesting that now I need to get a new computer or card to play STO??? That's Bogus! My computer is barely 1 year old.

I can only hope the Devs discover and correct this problem. I hope the graphic gurus are already working on it, but I would feel much more comfortable if a Dev posted on this particular thread. I would hate not to be able to play my favorite game if in fact they are eliminating anything but specific video cards from being able to play the game. This looks to be the best Season ever coming up!
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif

Last edited by paragon92518; 11-05-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Well I got some movement on my support ticket for this issue. Mostly just a request for information. But I hope it helps them figure out what is going on and fix it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
11-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Same Problem here... Been playing the game on this laptop since launch and not had a problem... on-board intel card... Holodeck seems to run fine... driver is as up to date.

Need a fix cause its insane in sector space, seems to happen about every 45 seconds or so... and during an STF about ever 15-20. Especially bad during the plasma energy bolts or during the polorize hull effect on borg or player.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-05-2012, 06:10 PM
The only thing that makes it slightly less bothersome that I have found is to turn the game graphics settings way done. But it is no fix and the game looks bad. I advise everyone to send in a support ticket about this problem! Get screenshots as well if you can that would help a bunch. Documenting this is very helpful and it will help them figure out what is going wrong.
Closed Thread