Commander
# 11
11-04-2012, 02:03 PM
I think they need to decide what the assimilated tractor beam is for.

If it's just a free tractor beam skill- which I don't think is necessarily bad- then fine, reduce its cooldown to make it comparable to the equivalent-strength tractor beam and call it a day, because the current cooldown is way too high for that.

If it's supposed to be a major set bonus skill that superficially resembles tractor beam but otherwise is a major set skill with a 4-5 minute cooldown, then it needs to have its stats changed to make that the case. There is the obvious issue that current set skills tend to be fairly impotent, in general, but still.

Quite honestly, I think they could get away with it matching other set skills by just multiplying all its current attributes by ten. Base of 350 damage, drain 10 power from target, add 10 power to self.
Captain
# 12
11-04-2012, 02:46 PM
You do realise that the power drain stacks up at 1 per pulse, so by the end of the firing sequance it's allready -25 all power settings. hats why i preffer lengthning the duration, it dosen't make the power drain so OTT, and if it's a really long length it's actually a usable CC skill. Currentlly it's so short duration the best use is pinning somone down to get free torp crits with HY plasma's. Scary stuff if you've yanked his mates in via GW.
Career Officer
# 13
11-04-2012, 06:18 PM
The tractor beam really has little use in an STF.

In cure there are always multiple enemies going to the Kang
In infected there are a lot of spheres or probes
In khitomer you have at least 2 probes, up to 4.

As a control tool its useless. It needs to be multi-target tractor (which would make it worth the long cool down) or a short cool down standard tractor, or something completely different. As it is now, fireworks are a better spot to put on your bar.
Captain
# 14
11-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Yeha but being able to pin one opponnent down so you can kill the other/s without worrying about that one is nice. I've seen standard TB's used to decemnt effect. It's not as good as other options, but as an emergancy skill it cna be ok, it just isn;t long enough to reliably do that.

TBH it suffers from the same issues as all TB's do. TB's aren't a great CC skill in multi-target enviroments, they're "ok" at best. And they do nothing about enemies that have allreayd got somwhere you don;t want them to get, (and evenm with TB's they'll do that eventually).
Captain
# 15
11-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
You do realise that the power drain stacks up at 1 per pulse, so by the end of the firing sequance it's allready -25 all power settings. hats why i preffer lengthning the duration, it dosen't make the power drain so OTT, and if it's a really long length it's actually a usable CC skill. Currentlly it's so short duration the best use is pinning somone down to get free torp crits with HY plasma's. Scary stuff if you've yanked his mates in via GW.
You realize the drain is cleared by HE if I'm not mistaken, hence it never stacks so high ? Considering other top set powers got their cooldown reduction I see no reason why this set should remain gimped.
Captain
# 16
11-04-2012, 11:54 PM
I'm not really sure how thats relevant tbh. OTT power drain is still OTT power drain, it's likliy to kill the targets Aux abilities before they cna hit them unless they're really realy really fast.
Captain
# 17
11-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
I'm not really sure how thats relevant tbh. OTT power drain is still OTT power drain, it's likliy to kill the targets Aux abilities before they cna hit them unless they're really realy really fast.
How is that relevant? The tractor beam itself can be countered by APO/PH or PSW. The leech itselfs can be negated by HE.

The ability it self is useless in both STF and PvP, especially with its current cooldown.
Captain
# 18
11-05-2012, 07:38 AM
At -10 power per tick and a tick rate of 2.5 ticks a second u8nlss yourreflexes are super fast you'll have no engine power to run anywhere with, and no aux power so your HE is unusable. In case you didn't now any ability that scales with Aux power is disabled when your aux hits 0. With a 10 per tick drain onyl a handfl of people with high Aux or people with REALLY fast reflexs will get to HE before their power his 0. And thats if it's not on CD. if it is with that kind of drain your sheilds and engines will be shut down long before APO/PH gets you out of there.