Commander
# 11
11-04-2012, 04:48 PM
The new kinetic bonus is a nice ability.

Unfortunatly so is the other T4 choice. 1000 shield regen every 6 seconds. Think about it.

At 100 weapon power (easily attained with EPTS 1) thats 4 time your ships shield regen rate. Probably pushing 5000 shields per 6 seconds. Thats a hell of a passive recharge rate.

Thats gonna be a really hard choice when you get there.
Empire Veteran
# 12
11-04-2012, 04:58 PM
What's the new mod then?

Don't tell me nothing has been planned and that there is a ninja nerf on our hard-eaned stuff so that we're forced to buy stuff from the shops to get purple weapons instead of faked blue ones.
Career Officer
# 13
11-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
More accurately, it didn't work as designed, if/when it worked at all. For Season 7, it was redesigned as the T4 passive Kinetic proc. With slotting it into an ability slot, we no longer needed to sell the items.
Well, except that these are a source of MK XII weapons for players that have at least halfway decent mods without being forced to go through the fleet stores.

The fleet stores both require a fleet, and also require you to use DMGx3 on your weapons.

DMGx3 is easily the least desirable mod due to the low damage increase they grant and the fact that they do not scale across damage types.

Commander
# 14
11-04-2012, 05:54 PM
*listens to amazing grace*
You will be missed Mk XII Borg Weapons. You have armed so many of my ships faithfully, made testing out builds so simple. You were always their on DS9, just two npc conversations away. But I know at the end of a long hard Rep Grind I will find you reborn Mk XII borg weapons, stronger for your journey into the unknown! So I will not say good bye, I will simply say fair well. For we will meeting again.
Empire Veteran
# 15
11-04-2012, 08:59 PM
I told myself I wasn't gonna cry...not...gonna...CRY!!! *sob sob sob*

Commander
# 16
11-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
If the borg proc is becoming irrelevant can we have the weapons given a mod that is actually usefull to repalce it?

For example change a MK XII [Acc] [CrH] [Borg] weapon into [Acc] CrH] [CrD], or even [Dmg] would be ok.
THIS ... please. I have a lot of effort and time invested in my collection of (borg) weapons.

My suggestion is to make the radiation proc work on all enemies. Would make the (borg) weapons also relevant in PvP.

In other words, leave the weapons exactly as they are but change the code so the (borg) proc is "7.5 chance to apply radiation to enemy target"

P.S. Please devs answer this, as my nicely OP PvP setup is rendered sub-bar if my purple mk xii weapons only have two procs.
Career Officer
# 17
11-05-2012, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
More accurately, it didn't work as designed, if/when it worked at all. For Season 7, it was redesigned as the T4 passive Kinetic proc. With slotting it into an ability slot, we no longer needed to sell the items.
WTH?
NOW you tell me that?

i went through all the trouble to replace all my previously collected purple XI gear with [Borg] gear, and now you tell me that thing never worked? so i replaced weapons with weapons that do the SAME? *facepalm*

and now that you let the cat out of the bag that the items are indeed broken, there will be NO FIX? Instead you tell us to re-gear once more?

not cool bro, not cool at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
If the borg proc is becoming irrelevant can we have the weapons given a mod that is actually usefull to repalce it?

For example change a MK XII [Acc] [CrH] [Borg] weapon into [Acc] CrH] [CrD], or even [Dmg] would be ok.
that i could accept, but those would be TRUE Mk XII purples, and i have a feeling that the Dev's don't want us to have them.

Think about it, the DMGx3 fleet weapons are a joke, good but nothing anybody would want if there were proper Procs.
The Borg Items had a proc that only worked on one NPC type, therefore were fake Blue (and now i hear the Borg Proc wasnt even working? lol)
And in the dilithium store they sell purple Mk XI, which are basically the same as blue Mk XII

so everything is one balanced by math level of items.

I don't think they will ever hand out true 3 Mod purple XII Space Weapons, because then the other types would be a) outclassed, and the next update would REQUIRE Mk XIII items to outclass the current ones.

Instead they make *variations* of everything... including those LockBox Hybrid weapons, which are also no better than the usual 3 Proc Purple, because those are purples with 2 Procs but only 2 normal Mods.

Everything is the same level of effectiveness, and if ONE is upgraded to a true 3 Proc Purple XII, everything else would be outclassed by it.
So either you have a crying Playerbase (who storms the STF queue to re-gear), or Dev's who have to update/upgrade all kinds of items retroactively with no return of investment.
Well at least the LockBox stuff would get updated, don't want to make the #1 paying customers mad if their LockBox items would suddenly be outclassed.

Last edited by zerobang; 11-05-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Captain
# 18
11-05-2012, 04:34 AM
For PvE the [Acc][Dmg]x3 fleet weapons are pretty damn good to have. Pity the only PvP alternative will now be the [Acc]x2 lockbox weapons and the all-powerful spiral waves.
Captain
# 19
11-05-2012, 04:37 AM
I agree, you should still be able to buy Mk 12 purple space weapons from omega faction, hell even a variety from rommie faction. Even if they are limited in type (ie plasma/whatever)
Career Officer
# 20
11-05-2012, 05:05 AM
So in effect, our past year of grinding for the coveted Mk12 [Borg] weapons was a total waste of time, and you devs knew that the proc was not working. For how long??
This is totally the wrong way about doing this. I hope you guys are going to update our now useless weapons with a proc that is useful......

Just wait until I tell my 500+ strong fleet, stuffs going to get messy!