Captain
# 111
11-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aetam1 View Post
well that is true but i do use he and tss an every ship and they use aux for example (unless it changed recently and i missed something)
also i admit i do like to use sci chars in sci ships and you dont really want sensor scan without aux.

also its just personal preference i suppose. i rather have different power setting and switch than 125 in 3 of them and 0 in aux. i cant deny that it might be highly effective i just dont like it. and especially a sci ship without aux... even if you dont need it it just doesnt feel right for me. a sci ship should have at least some aux :p
I was monkeying with A2B and drunk blew my mind by doubling it.

EPS consoles and skill affect how quickly your aux cycles back so there's actually plenty of time to lay off the A2B to recover enough for aux heals, and when you do you will still have EPTA up. With a single copy of A2B I was actually dumping EPS so the bonus to the other subs was still lingering at like 13 sec. 2 copies are ridiculous and should have EPS pumped, imo.

And there's a bug on tribble that will solve that problem completely when it goes live, lol.
Empire Veteran
# 112
11-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Shields and Hull become imperviuos for a time? That fits with the Mary Sue nature of the vessel from the books.

I wonder if this is considered "a little OP" to help sell it or alot OP, and it will sell better.
Well to use that you need 3 consoles. Now you have 10 slots. You might want dmg in the tac consoles, that leaves you with 6 slots. Now you might want the borg console and an rcs for your DHC's. That leaves you with one slot for probably more shield cap.
That means you are a sci ship with no sci consoles.

I don't know how good the 3 consoles themselves are but I dont think they are that strong. I think that might actually be part of the problem. Maybe they balanced the ship using the 3 consoles and probably one in a sci, one in a tac and one in an engi slot.
Empire Veteran
# 113
11-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
I was monkeying with A2B and drunk blew my mind by doubling it.

EPS consoles and skill affect how quickly your aux cycles back so there's actually plenty of time to lay off the A2B to recover enough for aux heals, and when you do you will still have EPTA up. With a single copy of A2B I was actually dumping EPS so the bonus to the other subs was still lingering at like 13 sec. 2 copies are ridiculous and should have EPS pumped, imo.

And there's a bug on tribble that will solve that problem completely when it goes live, lol.
Have you noticed anything wonky with your EPTS + EPTA +(2) ATB1 builds?

I have noticed that (in my key bind) that when it starts the cycle with EPTA + runs keybind + ends with ATB1, that after the ATB has taken effect (lowered Aux to 0) and then lapsed the effects of EPTA will kick back in and buff my Aux for a time.

Its as if the EPTA goes into effect, gets sucked dry by ATB and then comes back after ATB wheres off for a time.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 114
11-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Have you noticed anything wonky with your EPTS + EPTA +(2) ATB1 builds?

I have noticed that (in my key bind) that when it starts the cycle with EPTA + runs keybind + ends with ATB1, that after the ATB has taken effect (lowered Aux to 0) and then lapsed the effects of EPTA will kick back in and buff my Aux for a time.

Its as if the EPTA goes into effect, gets sucked dry by ATB and then comes back after ATB wheres off for a time.
ya that sounds about normal. it seems like 90% of the time i have some aux though
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 115
11-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
ya that sounds about normal. it seems like 90% of the time i have some aux though
yep.

i have 2 purple and 1 blue tech doffs.

its fairly seemless.

not 2 purple AP doffs seemless, buts its close
Career Officer
# 116
11-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
wow.

i lose more and more confidence all the time with this community.

through almost 3 years of playing this game, and this basic formula even killing the almighty bug ship regularly...every time i call out for it.....

and this ship will be the one that does not die to the maxim debuff and spike in the game?

im sorry, ive popped everyone from "so and so" in TSI to "so and so" in Enter generic fleet name. no matter what you run.

mt does it at will. so does aytanhi. and i think yoda sips tea and meditates while killing. he is that smooth. you think naz won't be popping these things like teenage pimples right out the gate?

its a team game guys. sometimes it takes 2 to take down 1. sometimes it takes 3. but it all comes down to buff stripping, crowd control, spike damage, and timing. and if what you did the first time does not work, then play defensive and observe for 2 minutes. it is a supprising long window to evaluate your surroundings.

Insta popping is a myth. No, no. Wait. Insta Poping is a myth. So many things about the Pope get misconstrued, but it can take MONTHS to choose a new one.

Insta popping happens all the time. Just like the man says.

I mean I've never seen it done, but i've HEARD about it. Or maybe I've actually heard the sound it makes.

Happy flying.

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Captain
# 117
11-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
Insta popping is a myth. No, no. Wait. Insta Poping is a myth. So many things about the Pope get misconstrued, but it can take MONTHS to choose a new one.

Insta popping happens all the time. Just like the man says.

I mean I've never seen it done, but i've HEARD about it. Or maybe I've actually heard the sound it makes.

Happy flying.
i haz a thissler bop.

thanks to the vids i pop in my bop.

on top of the lock box with big holiday sox!

have fun kill bad guys, and never stop!
Empire Veteran
# 118
11-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
Its not some Aux though. After ATB1 drops my Aux will spike back up to buffed levels for a time before settling in to its normal power levels.

I will not sweat it though and enjoy. If its a bug I will report it.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.