Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
11-05-2012, 11:33 AM
It depends on the map.

For Arena start moving right away. Even if you need time to coordinate move away, it doesn't need to be toward the otherside and can be away from it to buy you time to get situated. If you don't bother moving, the otherside will think you don't care and just try and get it over with quickly b/c it's not fun for them and no reason to drag it out.

For C&H and Kerrat you're fighting over resources and imo it is a valid tactic to suppress the otherside from obtaining said resources. Also, KDF have a dilithium mission for killing turrets so in C&H you may see them blowing up your spawn point defenses.

As far as beating a spawn camp, bfi, pop an engine battery, hit evasives, and pop a hold breaking Boff ability such as PH or APO if needed in that order. Spam distribute shields as well. Equip a hyperimpulse engine. Have ET ready incase they try and nuke your engines. In addition to BFI you may need to sub in Kinetic resist consoles and aux2damp if there's tric mines. If there are mines you may want Deut as a backup b/c they will strip evasives.

Chat w/your pugmates to try and respawn all at once and pick a rendezvous point. Don't engage @ your spawn point. You can try and comeback to help those who got popped by using a confuse like SS or AMS, but again don't engage at spawn point move away from it.
Super Moderator
# 12
11-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Why would it be so hard to disable weapons within a 10 km radius of a spawn point in space PvP maps?

That alone would fix a lot of camping and give people a chance to get their bearings before they get shot at.

Ground maps would be admittedly harder to solve with a 'safe zone', but not if they were built that way from "the ground up" (if you'll pardon the pun).
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 13
11-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Why would it be so hard to disable weapons within a 10 km radius of a spawn point in space PvP maps?

That alone would fix a lot of camping and give people a chance to get their bearings before they get shot at.

Ground maps would be admittedly harder to solve with a 'safe zone', but not if they were built that way from "the ground up" (if you'll pardon the pun).
I agree, having a 'safe' zone would make the most sense. As for Ker'rat. . .just get rid of the automatic warp-in action every time the map resets. N'Vak doesn't do it, why does Ker'rat?
Empire Veteran
# 14
11-06-2012, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
I agree, having a 'safe' zone would make the most sense. As for Ker'rat. . .just get rid of the automatic warp-in action every time the map resets. N'Vak doesn't do it, why does Ker'rat?
It would be nice if they would do that similar to how N'Vak handles reset.

As far as the safe zone goes, that is a good idea, however there should be a "timer" on it as well since players could/would just sit there for the duration of the game.

Outside that, in all seriousness, move toward the center of the map. I know friends and I go into a PVP map, we look at the zone roster, scoreboard to see if it's even (if it's not we try to give time for the others to come or have a X # sit out so it is even,) then move toward the center. We sit at the center for a short duration, if we don't see the other players we progress closer and closer to seek them out.

Also use tact team when under fire and don't use RSP when you make contact and your shields are full. Cycle your shields heals when taking fire and cross heal your teammates so your team doesn't get wiped pushing the other team ever closer to your spawn.
-X-/Pandas - Pheo
Career Officer
# 15
11-06-2012, 10:45 AM
As I mostly C&H I see this a lot. I hate it and don't participate, because I don't find any fun in having three or more ships sitting at the spawn point killing the Feds as they spawn. That is no challenge. It is almost always the klinks that do it - heck, I've never seen the Feds do it, they can't really because of cloaking.

The sad thing is that there are just a few that do it regularly. I can tell as soon as the match starts whether or not there will be spawn camping just by looking at the KDF roster.

The solution is to not respawn. Go make a sandwich or something, and when the match is quickly over, re-queue and hope for better players.
Captain
# 16
11-06-2012, 10:54 AM
I don't spawn camp, but sometimes, in Arena, I get respawned right next to the opposing player who is also respawning.

In those cases, I will attempt to take them out.
Captain
# 17
11-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Ker'rat Klingons revel in their cowardice. Take pride in it, even. If it's not spawn camping, it's waiting until you're at 10% hull strength to jump you 2-on-1.

There's no point in raging on them. That just gives them something to fill that empty space where a mother's love would have gone. Just kill or be killed, then go back to scanning nodes and shooting hulks.
Empire Veteran
# 18
11-06-2012, 11:41 AM
getting spawn camped a problem for you? there are 2 reasons for this, none of which are really the campers fault

1. you sat at your spawn at the beginning of the map and didn't move to the center like you were supposed to. is every one moving away slowly and staggered? didn't quickly move, or at least move as a group? are you lagging behind hoping they will get attacked first? you are going to get your ass shot off, especially if your more then 10 behind the guy in front of you. match devolves from there.

2. there is such a skill mismatch between the teams that you didn't stand a chance anyway, and spawn camping you will get this miserable match over with as quickly as possible.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 19
11-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Klingons With Out Honor...

Noooo...

... It's Not Possible!

[/sarcasam]
......... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
.......................SARCASM... Just Another Service I Offer...
Empire Veteran
# 20
11-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Ker'rat FEDS revel in their cowardice. Take pride in it, even. If it's not spawn camping, it's waiting until you're at 10% hull strength to jump you 2-on-1.

There's no point in raging on them. That just gives them something to fill that empty space where a mother's love would have gone. Just kill or be killed, then go back to scanning nodes and shooting hulks.
Fixed that for you, as even the Fed playerS do what you blaim on just the KDF players in a open PvP zone.
Both sides Spawn Camp and both sides have those players that will gank you while you are trying to kill Borg and do the mission.
It can suck but Ker'rat is an open zone after all.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.