Empire Veteran
# 31
11-05-2012, 10:18 AM
I laugh when people argue stats and their idea on paper is then burnt to a crisp
Captain
# 32
11-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hroothvitnir View Post
The armatage doesnt really have that much more hull and it cant throw out VM or batteried Gravity well. So fairly well matched against an extra few tac and fore weapon.

Between those two in a duel I would say the better pilot would win 19 out of 20 times.
Well Bort needs to stop listening to that tiny farction of the PvP crowd and work on making Sci skills better - sci is so -unloved in this game I am actually worried that Vesta won't get as much penetration into the player base that it should. I could be the biggest hit this game has seen since the Oddy - but the low hull and nerfed sci -skills are holding a lot of players back - and that is sad for such a costly and beautiful ship.

And from a hull stand-point I don't think there is any reason it should not have the same as the Wells - 30K
Commander
# 33
11-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I checked with the rest of the Systems Team on Friday regarding Sensor Scan, and none of us have modified the magnitude values associated with that ability's debuff. It appears as though other powers were affected, so we'll be spending some time tracking down what code has been altered to produce this effect.

For the time being, I believe it's safe to say that this was not an intended alteration.

Has anyone done thorough testing on the above powers to see if the change may be limited to display figures only, but behavior is unchanged?
Any update on this borticus? There have been a few patch on tribble since we discovered this issue and its still exists.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 34
11-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
Any update on this borticus? There have been a few patch on tribble since we discovered this issue and its still exists.
From the latest Tribble patch notes:

Quote:
Tooltips for Resistance have been updated.

Season 7 tooltips have been reporting different values from Season 6.
These were just text differences in how the values displayed were calculated, the underlying power values have not changed at all.
Tooltips for Resistance, such as damage resistance, will now say "Resistance Rating" instead of just "Resistance".
This is just a text change.
Geko and I performed extensive testing to be certain of what was going on here. It seems that the way our tooltips calculate certain stat changes were updated without our knowledge, and we've decided to embrace the change.

The effectiveness of the associated powers hasn't been changed at all. In fact, if the enemy has 0 current resistances (an admittedly uncommon scenario) then the new tooltip figures are completely accurate, while the old figures were only reflecting the value prior to associated diminishing return calculations.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Commander
# 35
11-09-2012, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
From the latest Tribble patch notes:

Geko and I performed extensive testing to be certain of what was going on here. It seems that the way our tooltips calculate certain stat changes were updated without our knowledge, and we've decided to embrace the change.

The effectiveness of the associated powers hasn't been changed at all. In fact, if the enemy has 0 current resistances (an admittedly uncommon scenario) then the new tooltip figures are completely accurate, while the old figures were only reflecting the value prior to associated diminishing return calculations.
Thank you very much for getting back to us so quickly.

So it would seem that once an enemy hits 0 resistances from various resistance debuffs there
are diminishing returns on the negative figure. At least this confirms that it is possible for an enemy to have negative damage resistances.
Captain
# 36
11-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Well Bort needs to stop listening to that tiny farction of the PvP crowd and work on making Sci skills better - sci is so -unloved in this game I am actually worried that Vesta won't get as much penetration into the player base that it should. I could be the biggest hit this game has seen since the Oddy - but the low hull and nerfed sci -skills are holding a lot of players back - and that is sad for such a costly and beautiful ship.

And from a hull stand-point I don't think there is any reason it should not have the same as the Wells - 30K
Lets not pretend the Vesta is anything but OP in any situation you put it in. Trying to hang the pure science weakness around a multi-strength ship like the vesta is laughable at best. Nobody in their right mind is looking at that ships specs and layouts and doing anything but drooling, whether it be PvE or PvP. It takes the very best aspects of a Science ship and has only one of the weakness(low hull). Trying to pin on the pure science woe-is-me tag is ridiculous.

Last edited by xantris; 11-09-2012 at 10:33 AM.