Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Potential new race
11-04-2012, 04:39 PM
How about the Bynars as a race? You would control the both of them as a single character (when you move in a direction they both move together) and the pair of them have the same health as a regular human, owing to their small stature.

Surely there could be some cool possibilities with Bynars?
Community Moderator
# 2
11-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Sounds like a neat idea at first, but trying to navigate two characters through narrow or hazardous areas simultaneously does not sound like fun to me. And the usefulness of having the two side-by-side, not so much.

What does sound cool, though, would be a mechanic that would allow you to switch between the two at will and otherwise treat the inactive character similar to a Bridge Officer using the same controls. Being able to essentially shift your tactical perspective in combat would be a huge advantage... imagine being able to set up your own flanking manuver with expose and exploit weapons!

A downside could be that if one gets knocked-out, both characters in the set are down and out.

The big problem with it, though, is that I don't believe Cryptic would go to the trouble to build that into the game for one species that's basically going to be Fed only.

However... if you extend that thought a little bit... leveraging the tech to allow players to take direct control over any of their Bridge Officers in an away team... now you've got a "killer feature" possibly worth the resources.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek