Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
11-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
I should mention I didn't have anyone to test with to see if MEFs stacked with each other in both stealth and defensive bonuses. So, I'm still working on PvP potential for the 3 part set. Given the shield procs I don't know if Tet Glider will be more needed in PvP. It needs more testing.

Also, I'd put the Ad Frigate ahead of BoP in effective DPS potential if for no other reason than it runs Trics and Cronts.

Again a reminder this is a PvP forum
I can't use the frigates on the Vo'Quv, and I know this is the PvP forum, but in my experience the people to ask for advice about game mechanics are the ones that PvP competitively - they are always best informed on what works well and what is broken - if I wanted advice on building a rainbow cruiser, I'll go ask in the PvE forum
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-05-2012, 11:58 AM
I think the Omega shield is kind of lack luster compared to the MACO and KHG options so it would be Omega engine(fastest in game according to some) and Omega deflector (highest damage lowest toughness deflector) if I wanted the tetryon glider.

That said my experience with tetryon glider has indicated it's not worth using. Shield drain effects are highly resisted right now and the bonus to DPS from the drain will probably be less than being a kilometer or so closer to a shielded target.
Captain
# 13
11-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razellis View Post
I think the Omega shield is kind of lack luster compared to the MACO and KHG options so it would be Omega engine(fastest in game according to some) and Omega deflector (highest damage lowest toughness deflector) if I wanted the tetryon glider.

That said my experience with tetryon glider has indicated it's not worth using. Shield drain effects are highly resisted right now and the bonus to DPS from the drain will probably be less than being a kilometer or so closer to a shielded target.
I haven't tested in awhile, but last I checked NPC, pet, console, and Tet glider effects were less resistable. Also, Tet glider damage wasn't range effected. Although shield distro and borg sets are being adjusted there are consoles and reputation bonuses which may more than make up for those loses meaning every bit of shield stripping will help.
Captain
# 14
11-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymonkley View Post
I can't use the frigates on the Vo'Quv, and I know this is the PvP forum, but in my experience the people to ask for advice about game mechanics are the ones that PvP competitively - they are always best informed on what works well and what is broken - if I wanted advice on building a rainbow cruiser, I'll go ask in the PvE forum
Yeah, I was speaking to the general observation about BoP pets being best DPS.

Also, may want to frame build questions generally rather than PvE specific in this forum. Other posters won't nudge as gently I have been about asking advise for PvE builds here given the tention between some PvEers and some PvPers.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
Also, may want to frame build questions generally rather than PvE specific in this forum. Other posters won't nudge as gently I have been about asking advise for PvE builds here given the tention between some PvEers and some PvPers.
I'll survive

A bit of forum PvP never upset me, and thanks for taking the time to reply to my question.
Captain
# 16
11-05-2012, 11:40 PM
I find the combination of KHG shields with Omega Deflector and Engines to be fairly effective. Make sure you grab the Borg Console, as well.

This setup will get you hyper-impulse engines, good shields, the tet glider, boost to targeting (important in PvP) and useful sci systems. It's a reliable build.

I run a 2 KHG + Omega engine setup on my Hegh'ta, because it's specc'd towards large amounts of spike damage (combining BO2 with HY3 quantum torps), and the 25% boost to the torps given by the KHG set is worth it.
Career Officer
# 17
11-08-2012, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymonkley View Post
I can't use the frigates on the Vo'Quv,
I think you confuse the frigate with the skull fighters.
The skull fighters can only be equiped on the Karfi, B'roth birds only on the VoQuv'. Other fighters,drones,ships can be equiped on every ship with a hangar.
Captain
# 18
11-08-2012, 02:07 AM
You can potentially make good use of KHG on a carrier but it depends on what you're going for. I'd say it's much more viable on the Vo'quv than something like a Kar'fi. It basically comes down to what rank of heals you'll be running/specced into.

This is assuming you'll ever use this for PvP, in PvE you can just throw on whatever, it doesn't really make a difference.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples