Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 61
11-04-2012, 01:45 PM
You can drop something down so that it doesn't tower over everything else, or you can boost everything else up to be in line with a single mechanic/item. Which one actually makes sense? Which one is easier?

Consider the tremendous gap between a ship with buffs, and the same ship with out buffs. An unbuffed ship (shields, hull, weapons, etc) is nothing in comparison to one with any or all of those buffs. Continually increasing the strength of powers only increases that gap, making PvP even less accessible.

Truth be told, the easiest thing to do would be to release something with a very small impact and then adjust it upward. Fine tuning in that case wouldn't be the evil "n" word in that case. Unfortunately, the p2w model seems to require that they deliver garbage in an over powered state regardless of the effect on game play.

Believe it or not, no one likes the "n" word. That doesn't mean that there aren't times where it's necessary. Until they get their act together and release stuff that is well thought out and tested to determine it's impact on all aspects of game play, this problem will never be resolved.
Starfleet Veteran
# 62
11-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
TRH and many others may acknowledge the use of these doffs as vindictive, as the results of our tests clearly indicate a certain god hammer like use to them. If you know how morbidly OP they are, you will not use them.

Should you use them on the other hand, we will make sure yours never proc. Meaning you wasted EC/Zen on a precious doff ability you desperately needed to "get good" at this games PvP aspect.

On the more sad note, you will be exclusively restricted to 1 and just maybe 2 toons that have them equipped at best. The rest of your toons will never see the queues because you don't have your precious doffs on them. If this is what you want, go ahead. It's a failed investment on your part to get better at PvP.

TRH will not use them on people who don't use them.

As for you, good luck. You're going to need it.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes (RP stands for Rimillion Patillion SN Doffs at our disposal, but only used to deter people from using them).

PS-Please don't use SN Doffs.
I use multiple toons and while I am not dependant on them I use them because they are there. I do not need them to win. You clearly do not know my game name but that is OK. I enjoy popping turks
Commander
# 63
11-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by empireofsteve View Post
I use multiple toons and while I am not dependant on them I use them because they are there. I do not need them to win. You clearly do not know my game name but that is OK. I enjoy popping turks
1v1?

You and me?

You and Hank?

You and Yoda?

You and Draco?

Who do you want?

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes
Starfleet Veteran
# 64
11-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
1v1?

You and me?

You and Hank?

You and Yoda?

You and Draco?

Who do you want?

Catch me online at @steveangelis next time I'm online and available. Should prove interesting since you have a comparable ego to that of a rhino.
Commander
# 65
11-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by empireofsteve View Post
Catch me online at @steveangelis next time I'm online and available. Should prove interesting since you have a comparable ego to that of a rhino.
Ego? I challenged you to a match. There's nothing egotistical about that.

And you're modest by say, letting everyone know you'll be using SN Doffs despite knowing what they are and how vindictively OP they are?

You're no different than those power siphon carrier dudes by using those doffs.

Enough talk. Let's 1v1. Put your money where your mouth is.

Thanks

Starfleet Veteran
# 66
11-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Ego? I challenged you to a match. There's nothing egotistical about that.

And you're modest by say, letting everyone know you'll be using SN Doffs despite knowing what they are and how vindictively OP they are?

You're no different than those power siphon carrier dudes by using those doffs.

Enough talk. Let's 1v1. Put your money where your mouth is.

Thanks

I will and your 'elite' group will suffer the same fate that QEW suffered under me.
Career Officer
# 67
11-05-2012, 01:17 PM
QEW suffered?

What bs is that.

That you stole their name and made a Fed fleet with it?

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Starfleet Veteran
# 68
11-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
QEW suffered?

What bs is that.

That you stole their name and made a Fed fleet with it?
At the end of the day they are dead and gone and I won.
Lieutenant
# 69
11-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Just another side note. Read the tooltip on one of these things. It actually says only a 10 second immunity. So is this a case of the tooltip description being wrong?

Bort says 15 seconds the tooltip says 10 seconds bet money the immunity programmed in is actually 5 seconds in this case. LMFAO What a game we have.
Ensign
# 70
11-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Oh god, looks like I have a lot to catch up on....and with Halo 4 arriving today :-(