Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,330
# 121
11-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aetam1 View Post
They might be experts on the field of rudeness. Therefore they might be right if they consider your posts as rude :p
That makes sense, actually. We do have a few experts here, that can certainly be said. Ahem.

Quote:
Ok anyway I would say the problem on a forum is that you can't see the face of the poster or hear his voice. So you don't know if he is screaming, crying, laughing or bashing his head into a wall while posting.
There can be misunderstandings and of course there is always sarcasm. One has to be careful about wording, a good intention is sometimes not enough.
Hm. Sure one has to be, but only up to a certain point. "Reading too much into it" is most certainly more easily avoided by the reader, isn't it.

That said, if we are all willing to avoid such flames in the future, both on the reading-before-reply and on the writing side of things, making this subforum more attractive to newcomers should work.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,015
# 122
11-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
That is mocking, not insulting. And it was worked hard for by the guy who received it,
So, on one hand you, personally, have the power to judge the posts of other community members and mock them accordingly. They are deserving of mockery because of how you read their posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Point taken. However, I can only be held responsible for what I write, not for what others read.
On the other hand your posts are devoid of responsibility and you cannot be held responsible for how others judge them. Mockery of you is not justified because it is the way they read your posts that is the problem.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,330
# 123
11-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Redricky, I think we have been beyond that point in the discussion already. Let us move on.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,015
# 124
11-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Redricky, I think we have been beyond that point in the discussion already. Let us move on.
You wish we were past this, but you have yet to resolve the obvious hypocrisy in your posts.

Answer the question: Does responsibility for the offensiveness of the post lie with the author or the audience? Because you seem to say that if readers are offended by your posts it is their fault, however you admit that you are justified in mocking others when you are offended by their posts.

My reading of your logic implies that you hold others to a standard which does not apply to you. As long as you persist in this attitude you will be the antithesis of the change which you claim to want to see come to this community.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 197
# 125
11-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Wow, just poked my head in to see how it's doing since my post. Imagine my surprise to find it derailed. Why does anyone respond to this guy? He does this in every thread he's in.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,330
# 126
11-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournacelles2 View Post
Wow, just poked my head in to see how it's doing since my post. Imagine my surprise to find it derailed. Why does anyone respond to this guy? He does this in every thread he's in.
I don't think that attacking Redricky (or anyone) is in the spirit of improving PvP subforum culture. Please don't do it.

I have understood what you mean, Redricky. Let us just move on now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,197
# 127
11-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Point taken. However, I can only be held responsible for what I write, not for what others read.
False.
/10char
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,461
# 128
11-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Heh, I had a well-thought out post I wrote, then I hit submit and the site blew up in my face

Rather than take the time to repost, all I am going to say is that this thread serves as an excellent "Exhibit A" about what the PvP subforum culture is like.

Some good, some bad. It's all here.

People ought to go back and re-read this thread and think about what it says about the PvP Community.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 197
# 129
11-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
I don't think that attacking Redricky (or anyone) is in the spirit of improving PvP subforum culture. Please don't do it.
And you prove my point with another troll post like this. You know damn well that I'm talking about you. The funny thing is this is exactly what you do. As I'm typing this, I realize you've sucked me into this troll as well. You really are a master in the art of trolling
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 374
# 130
11-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
People ought to go back and re-read this thread and think about what it says about the PvP Community.
That they don't wrap their **** up in colourful paper and call it a christmas present (except Logimo, of course)? That it's the only place on the entire board that you're likely to hear an honest opinion without somebody mentioning how pretty the new monkey pet is? That people giving out crap advice are ridiculed?
These are good things.

I'm not playing STO at the minute, but I'm watching for when might be a good time to give it another swing.
Do I read the devblogs? No.
Do I read the main page? No.
Do I read the general discussion? No.
Do I read ten forward? Double no.


The only place on this website I click is the pvp forum, because (I've said this before and I'll say this again) it's the only place you're likely to see relevant information.
If you (not you specifically) can't see how that is entirely the purpose of an opinion board, and how it benefits a game then you've got the wrong end of the stick.

Or maybe I've misread and you were just saying how you think you are 'better' than all the pvp forum posters?
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:15 PM.