Empire Veteran
# 11
11-05-2012, 01:45 PM
I think they're waiting to see if no one complains about it and then do nothing at all if they can.

I like Borticus saying he knew it wasn't working well and admitting the dev team did nothing for months at least, so it's unlikely this policy of "don't do it if you can" changes.

Last edited by diogene0; 11-05-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Captain
# 12
11-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I think they're waiting to see if no one complains about it and then do nothing at all if they can.

I like Borticus saying he knew it wasn't working well and admitting the dev team did nothing for months at least, so it's unlikely this policy of "don't do it if you can" changes.
Months ?

Also interesting, I just noticed this thread was moved from STO:general discussions to tribble general. Is it being buried ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 13
11-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Angry, the devs have no idea how mad I and a lot of my fleetmates are that the last year grinding and gearing up with Mk12 weapons was for nothing. They are in effect worthless...

They can either make the [Borg] proc work correctly like proper devs would, or refund everyone 10 borg neural processors for every piece of Mk12 Borg weapon on our ships, either would be preferable.....

Regrinding through the sham that is the rep system to get back what we already should own. is not in any sense of the word, okay!
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
11-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Angry, the devs have no idea how mad I and a lot of my fleetmates are that the last year grinding and gearing up with Mk12 weapons was for nothing. They are in effect worthless...

They can either make the [Borg] proc work correctly like proper devs would, or refund everyone 10 borg neural processors for every piece of Mk12 Borg weapon on our ships, either would be preferable.....

Regrinding through the sham that is the rep system to get back what we already should own. is not in any sense of the word, okay!
just mk 12 huh? what about the players who have mk X and MK XI?

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Career Officer
# 15
11-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
just mk 12 huh? what about the players who have mk X and MK XI?

lol
I of course should have generalized, but Mk12 were a lot harder to get
Captain
# 16
11-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Mate if you've ever used a parser you'd know that against at least 75% of the borg out there the proc works exactly as described. I belive Donatra and the Klingon ships in CSE are the only one's it didn;t work against. And the new proc is going to work because, wait for it, it's not borg specific. It happens with every shot against every opponnent. With no race chack in the formuale it can't screw up like the borg proc did.

Yes it would be nice to be able to trade the old stuff in and i'm REALLY upset about the whole no loot drops, (becuase this is going to make gearing infinetly harder too), but you didn't waste anything getting those weapons, they're stil the best thing to use against borg, just not quite as good as maybe everyone thought.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
11-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
I of course should have generalized, but Mk12 were a lot harder to get
hehe yeah..i know what you meant :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
Mate if you've ever used a parser you'd know that against at least 75% of the borg out there the proc works exactly as described. I belive Donatra and the Klingon ships in CSE are the only one's it didn;t work against. And the new proc is going to work because, wait for it, it's not borg specific. It happens with every shot against every opponnent. With no race chack in the formuale it can't screw up like the borg proc did.
Mate, if you'd ever used a parser you'd know that the [borg] proc made up about 2-4% of your total dps over an average STF.
Far from what the tooltip promised.
But also quite in line with every other mod (which usually end up at 1-2%), actually quite good even - at least in STFs.

So while it wasn't "working as intended", it was definately WORKING. And it was definately worth using [borg] weapons for STFs - and still is, even compared to fleet weapons, the damage difference is marginal.

What I'm more surprised about though is that this wasn't common knowledge.
Please get rid of (cross-)Healing in space
Captain
# 19
11-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Well of course not, AFRAIK the borg proc dosen't scale with weapons power or consles. So whilst it might add 75DPS on paper per weapon to a roughly 350-400 base DPS, in practise it's +75DPS to 1000DPS or more. It's still here and it still helps a fair bit, but it's not as OMG as maybe it first looked.

Point is it did actually do damage, unlike hat was being claimed.
Career Officer
# 20
11-06-2012, 10:09 PM
What it comes down to is this.
"Nerf the old gear, and make the vet STFers grind for the(New, and Improved) gear."
For a price.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!