Cryptic Studios Team
# 111
11-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
PLEASE, what happened to the issue where trying to assign more than one dialog to "Dialog Prompt Complete" caused a CTD? My new Foundry mission has been on hold for months because of it - and there's been no new dev info since Brandon said you were looking into it.
I can't reproduce this, on Holodeck.
Can you give me steps on how to make this happen?

Thanks!
Career Officer
# 112
11-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Zero the relativity uniform isnt showing up in Tribble lobi store.
Starfleet Veteran
# 113
11-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
I will say this 100x if necessary - with the fleet vendor this is NOT a doff problem - the real problem in starbases for smaller fleets is Dilth and marks.
Except it's not. Using the fleet vendor to fill a tier 4 1000 point project's green doff input would cost, on average, 6,500,000 fleet credits. Not counting the much larger common doff input. Filling a tier 4 sub-tier upgrade would cost on average 13,000,000 (or about 500 million EC), but that's a one-time expenditure, not repeated for 150,000 XP worth of tier 4.

Fleet marks, meanwhile, are not a problem. For that first project, a team of 5 running fleet mark missions would need a dozen runs on the outside (assuming they're good but not particularly great). Those same 5 would need over a hundred to get the fleet marks of that tier 4 upgrade done, but still paling before the equivalent burden of the 100 purple doffs.

Last edited by hevach; 11-05-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Captain
# 114
11-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
I can't reproduce this, on Holodeck.
Can you give me steps on how to make this happen?

Thanks!
Will do tomorrow, but gtg to bed right now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Empire Veteran
# 115
11-05-2012, 03:35 PM
A nice treat though would be to have some mak'leths snuck into season 7 lol. Besides a better tactical negh'var that doesn't turn as slow as the bortasqu' would also be nice Besides the bat'leth the mak'leth is something seen by Worf like in almost every episode/movie in his combat scenes and its a shame its not in the game already LOL. Not o mention again that we need a more beastly negh'var LOL.
Career Officer
# 116
11-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raythilo2345 View Post
Zero the relativity uniform isnt showing up in Tribble lobi store.
Last I saw, it was there. It's called "Wells Uniform" and isn't tagged as new. Buried somewhere odd on the list.
Captain
# 117
11-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Except it's not. Using the fleet vendor to fill a tier 4 1000 point project's green doff input would cost, on average, 6,500,000 fleet credits. Not counting the much larger common doff input. Filling a tier 4 sub-tier upgrade would cost on average 13,000,000 (or about 500 million EC), but that's a one-time expenditure, not repeated for 150,000 XP worth of tier 4.

Fleet marks, meanwhile, are not a problem. For that first project, a team of 5 running fleet mark missions would need a dozen runs on the outside (assuming they're good but not particularly great). Those same 5 would need over a hundred to get the fleet marks of that tier 4 upgrade done, but still paling before the equivalent burden of the 100 purple doffs.
I was making no comment about the changes to tier 4 or 5 construction - I think those changes are appropiate. What is your comment regarding? I can only comment up to Tier 3 starbase which I completed by myself several weeks ago, while it was a hard project to do solo - it does not need requirements reduced if it can be solo'd in 3 1/2 months or less.

Unless they are trying to get people to the massive dilth sink projects that start at tier 3 upgrades- and currently there are many fleets not reaching them. This could be the only logical reason to make the process easier/faster to get to the 2 million dithium upgrade at tier 3.

That would make the only sense to this change - say there are 5000 small fleets struggling or stopping moving to tier 3 - reducing the small doff costs - getting them to the HUGE dilth upgrade costs - they are not going to give up when the reach the upgrade. So given the 5000 small fleet example that would take 10 BILLION more dilth to complete.

So be carefull what you wish for those saying these changes to the Sub-tier 3 doff requirements are good - congrats - you will be heading into a 2 million dilth sink REALLY fast!!

yes yes the more I think about it - the more I am convinced this is the true reason!

Last edited by levi3; 11-05-2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: more thoughts
Career Officer
# 118
11-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Really stupid question, but can anyone tell me if its possible to buy romulan ale on New Romulus ?
Captain
# 119
11-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rybaksix View Post
Really stupid question, but can anyone tell me if its possible to buy romulan ale on New Romulus ?
Speaking of that - Zero if you want to hear another crazy idea from me - maybe not but here goes:

instead of changing special items to replicable one - make projects require high amounts of things that are harder to gome by but not too hard

like make assignments use lots of Nepa leaves, jevonite, unrefined ketracel, shapeshifting and tulaberries.

These things cost 2000 ec for a doff mission that will next you 5 on normal 10 on a crit and maybe 2 if you fail.

the prices of these things are the lowest I have ever seen them on the exchange - at least it would add more insentave to use the doff system to get commodities for the base.

Each fleet member could easily pull in 10-20 of EACH of the special commodities per week - so adding the in higher numbers to the higher tiers would be a good replacement for removing the Green/Blue/purples from the regular mission
Career Officer
# 120
11-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Was there a new patch? I played on tribble last night and just got a patch...