Captain
I think this change is needed due to a certain broken op weapon that is being abused in pvp due to the fact that no armor has resistance to it.

All armor should now have cold resists equal to their base resisitance to other energy damage types, for example mk XI energy dampening armor currently gives +54 damage resistance against all energy types, it should also grant same resistance to cold.

Its likely the devs didn't consider the effects this would have on pvp when adding a new weapon damage type in the game in the form of the games highest damaging close range weapon the pulsewave. This needs to be fixed soon as ground pvp ques have been more dead then usual in s6, and likely to stay that way in s7 until this issue is fixed.
Empire Veteran
# 2
11-02-2012, 10:19 PM
this is like the exact opposite as the plasma weapons being unusable in space pvp. i'm sure any day now they will fix these problems
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lieutenant
# 3
11-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I think this change is needed due to a certain broken op weapon that is being abused in pvp due to the fact that no armor has resistance to it.

All armor should now have cold resists equal to their base resistance to other energy damage types, for example mk XI energy dampening armor currently gives +54 damage resistance against all energy types, it should also grant same resistance to cold.

Its likely the devs didn't consider the effects this would have on pvp when adding a new weapon damage type in the game in the form of the games highest damaging close range weapon the pulsewave. This needs to be fixed soon as ground pvp ques have been more dead then usual in s6, and likely to stay that way in s7 until this issue is fixed.
sad thing is I don't think they will ever make a change to to armor, lots of people payed lots of money for the Tholian Ground Set so they can get the XII version of the Compressed Cryo Launcher (yes it cost lobi but you get lobi threw Lock boxes and to open lock boxes you need keys, keys = zen, zen = real money) so i really don't think they will fix ground armor because it will nurf the P2w gun and if they do all the people that have that gun will cry like little babies that they are cuz most cant play ground without it
Captain
# 4
11-04-2012, 03:57 PM
well doing that wouldn't decrease the guns stats at all, so I still think it would be fair, and many are one shotting without the lobi version since the base version seems only slightly weaker.

It would still be effective for the original intention of the tholian set, for blowing up tholians quickly, I dont think it was intended to be guaranteed 1 shot kill pvp weapon.
Lieutenant
# 5
11-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Disclaimer: I don't do ground PvP except on very rare occasion.

That said... doesn't the availability of Environmental Suits kinda balance this out? Some of the random purples you can get from Nukara have pretty high Cold Resistance.

I guess it lacks in Energy Resistance though, eh? Is that the issue? That players can have the Cold Shotgun AND another weapon of their choosing at the ready at all times, and there is no Armor available that protects against both?
Lieutenant
# 6
11-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
Disclaimer: I don't do ground PvP except on very rare occasion.

That said... doesn't the availability of Environmental Suits kinda balance this out? Some of the random purples you can get from Nukara have pretty high Cold Resistance.

I guess it lacks in Energy Resistance though, eh? Is that the issue? That players can have the Cold Shotgun AND another weapon of their choosing at the ready at all times, and there is no Armor available that protects against both?
well you see the problem there is, if you take off the armor from the stf sets (gun, shield, armor) you would loose the benefits of the +12.7 dodge and in pvp all the dodge you can get make all the difference, so taking off a armor to add a enviro armor will make you die more in pvp
Commander
# 7
11-05-2012, 11:16 PM
There is no environmental suit in the game that provides more than 15.2 cold resistance, and that one costs 7 dollars as a per-character unlock on the cstore.

Marc is correct: adding cold resistance to ground armors would improve ground pvp. I haven't seen a single ground pvp player disagree with that fact.

Last edited by guriphu; 11-06-2012 at 01:18 PM.