Commander
# 31
11-05-2012, 01:33 PM
BUMP in hopes of another dev response.

TBH the more I think about this issue, the more it bugs. For the most part I am 99% on board with S7 and the dev team regarding the changes that will happen. THIS is something that I think we have 100% agreement on, that the weapons we spent on that were thought to be the best PvE weapons going, are not.

Seems a simple fix that would have 100% support from the community.

(having to regrind for rep doesn't seem so bad if at least the multiple sets of MK XII space and ground weapons I already have are still worth something)
Career Officer
# 32
11-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
More accurately, it didn't work as designed, if/when it worked at all. For Season 7, it was redesigned as the T4 passive Kinetic proc. With slotting it into an ability slot, we no longer needed to sell the items.
That being said. Is there any proof the new proc works? For all I know, this new proc could be just as broken as the last one and absolutely no intent to fix it. Was the proc purposely broken to make the new stuff look better?
Captain
# 33
11-05-2012, 03:45 PM
The last one was broken becuase many borg npc's didn;t have the borg tag added, thsi works against everything so that check, (and thus failure point), is avoided.
Rihannsu
# 34
11-05-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm hoping we get a new modifier added to replace the [Borg] modifier. Can a dev please post and tell us what's happening?
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
11-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Wow, this is why I avoid this area of the forum. Now every ship I have, that has Borg wpn type is about to be made useless.

Spent a lot time on acquiring them, spent hours, many battles. And this is what iis going to happen?

Wow...and no means of compersation, just wonderful. I just wonder, if someone came into your office, and told you that you are getting paid in Hong Kong currency starting today. How you would feel?

Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T1.5, Tac 2, Eng 1 & Sci 1.
To the Edge of Space and Beyond

Subscribe to STO--1200+ days
LTS December 2011
Empire Veteran
# 36
11-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
More accurately, it didn't work as designed, if/when it worked at all. For Season 7, it was redesigned as the T4 passive Kinetic proc. With slotting it into an ability slot, we no longer needed to sell the items.
So glad I build for PvP and not STFs. Not one of my toons have a weapon with a borg proc. I have quite a bit if the stuff you buy them with though.

T4 passive Kinetic proc? Is that a c-store ship console or sumthin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
So what happens to the existing [BORG] weapons? And how does this new ability work/come into play? Any chance of some insight for those of us who haven't maanged to get that far in testing?
This is a great question. Can we get an answer?
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Survivor of Romulus
# 37
11-06-2012, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
So what happens to the existing [BORG] weapons? And how does this new ability work/come into play? Any chance of some insight for those of us who haven't maanged to get that far in testing?
Good question. I would also like to know if the ones we already use are going to be replaced or removed?

Thanks.
Captain
# 38
11-06-2012, 02:21 AM
[Borg] weapons will likely remain. Should the modifier be replaced, it will be probably the useless [Dmg] anyway.
Empire Veteran
# 39
11-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
[Borg] weapons will likely remain. Should the modifier be replaced, it will be probably the useless [Dmg] anyway.
Aren't weapons supposed to do [dmg]?

I've never had any issue with this modifier, especially since it's been buffed recently.
Commander
# 40
11-06-2012, 02:51 AM
/facepalm Cryptic

Game Design 101, guys. Never take away items from your players (or lower their effectiveness) and then force them to re-grind to get back to their previous power level. If you want long time players to grind again, offer something new and better, not the same-as-you-just-had-lol.

How hard can a global database change from [Borg] to [Acc] be?