Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 31
11-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Cmdr Uni
LT Cmdr Eng
LT Cmdr Sci
LT Tac

You seriously ok with that on a cruiser.
For the record I instantly said no to that. And I understand where you are coming from. I too want more content/ships/attention to be done with the KDF. However until that happens I will just sit in my Tor'Kaht, get crap from all the nearby escorts for flying a cruiser, and then laugh quietly to myself as I not only draw aggro off of them, but then proceed to not only hold aggro, but stay alive with ease against most boss class enemies.

I really do wish they would add more content to the Klingon side. But what you need to remember is that the majority of players are feds. Therefore Cryptic/PWE is only going where the money is. The feds. Also, this is a post in the Fed subforum. Of course the majority of us are going to ignore the KDF completely here. I only post about federation things here unless I am laughing at how much better KDF stuff is in certain cases. Or if I really think the feds are getting out of hand.

However as soon as I enter the KDF subforums, I instantly go KDF. I think and breathe KDF only for the most part.

Yes, it's unfair that the KDF got shafted again, especially by a ship as stupidly powerful as the Vesta is going to be (seriously, that ship only has one bloody weakness, it's low base HP, it's stupid!!). And I am annoyed that the KDF got screwed by a few other things. But as I stated before, this is a Fed subforum. So naturally... you hear fed gripes here, with little to no regard for anything else.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,228
# 32
11-06-2012, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohtoh View Post
Of course you can, I have read them too; but they are still in the minority. I took the time to work my build to be effective and not a lot do but wish to instead ask for outrageous things; but I do see some problems that I pointed out in the rest of my post, that you didn't include in your reply. Do I think you were condescending? No. You focused on what you felt you needed to address and I really have no problem with that.

In regards to hanover2's post... please read the sixth paragraph of my post. A Cruiser is considered a liability in STFs. Mostly because they are not needed or wanted for tanking. The Cruiser's role has been taken over by the tanky escort and the heal boat science vessel. Cruiser's are stuck in the middle with no real role at present. I know what their intended role is, but as I said, they are not wanted or needed at present. In my D'Kora, I debuff the enemy with Attack Pattern Beta 2 (have the three Conn Duty Officers to reduce the cooldown, so it is up most of the time), I am also able to heal my teammates as needed, and I can also hold aggro fairly well (Donatra loves me). That is the best I can do in my role; even if its not wanted.
Thank you and I apologise for being very critical. It was late and I was frustrated and I took it out on everyone.

The only thing I wish to mention, is I believe that the problem is not with cruisers per say, but the nature of STF's themselves. Its not the ships that are the problem.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 33
11-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
The only thing I wish to mention, is I believe that the problem is not with cruisers per say, but the nature of STF's themselves. Its not the ships that are the problem.
I disagree ! 6 turn rate IS a problem. Such values should not be present in STO at all. Flying such ship is punishment, not fun.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,228
# 34
11-06-2012, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
For the record I instantly said no to that. And I understand where you are coming from. I too want more content/ships/attention to be done with the KDF. However until that happens I will just sit in my Tor'Kaht, get crap from all the nearby escorts for flying a cruiser, and then laugh quietly to myself as I not only draw aggro off of them, but then proceed to not only hold aggro, but stay alive with ease against most boss class enemies.

I really do wish they would add more content to the Klingon side. But what you need to remember is that the majority of players are feds. Therefore Cryptic/PWE is only going where the money is. The feds. Also, this is a post in the Fed subforum. Of course the majority of us are going to ignore the KDF completely here. I only post about federation things here unless I am laughing at how much better KDF stuff is in certain cases. Or if I really think the feds are getting out of hand.

However as soon as I enter the KDF subforums, I instantly go KDF. I think and breathe KDF only for the most part.

Yes, it's unfair that the KDF got shafted again, especially by a ship as stupidly powerful as the Vesta is going to be (seriously, that ship only has one bloody weakness, it's low base HP, it's stupid!!). And I am annoyed that the KDF got screwed by a few other things. But as I stated before, this is a Fed subforum. So naturally... you hear fed gripes here, with little to no regard for anything else.
Bud I apologise for my attitude.

From my experience cruisers get given so much grief in STF's because they try and accomplish things they just not great at.

What is wrong with the notion that an engineer's best role on the battlefield is support?

Why do players not get a thrill out of being that guy on the team that is just phenomenal at moments you are about to die, and suddenly he brings you back from death's door.

Thats the guy I remember. And that's the guy I send 100% of my friend requests to. Thats the guy I would have on my team any day. Healers are the rarest and most difficult career to master, because it requires you to multi-task at a moment's notice across 5 players. Cruiser's and Engineers in general, should be proud of that.

Instead I see a lot of cruisers that refuse to heal their team and try and be the man.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 11-06-2012 at 01:47 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 750
# 35
11-06-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
The only thing I wish to mention, is I believe that the problem is not with cruisers per say, but the nature of STF's themselves. Its not the ships that are the problem.
I wish my thread hadn't been misinterpreted as a demand for Cruisers to be made into damage beasts. Did you read my op? I want slightly more turn rate, a slight buff to beams (which benefits everyone) and a universal ensign for one Fleet ship. The dreadnought changes I came up with were kind of a pie in the sky idea, even though I merely suggested it receive an extra console and two tactical lieutenants, which is hardly stepping on an escort's toes. I was originally going to suggest that the ship become a lockbox item to compensate.

It's pretty obvious that I do not want cruisers to be like escorts. I want them to be slightly better than they currently are. Then suddenly my thread got hijacked by a pack of demanding whiners with all kinds of stupid overpowered ideas for cruisers which we've all heard before and which I do not agree with. This is precisely what I wanted to avoid.

By the way, do you use Fed cruisers much, or are you mostly a KDF player?

Last edited by fulleatherjacket; 11-06-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 36
11-06-2012, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Bud I apologise for my attitude.

From my experience cruisers get given so much grief in STF's because they try and accomplish things they just not great at.

What is wrong with the notion that an engineer's best role on the battlefield is support?

Why do players not get a thrill out of being that guy on the team that is just phenomenal at moments you are about to die, and suddenly he brings you back from death's door.

Thats the guy I remember. And that's the guy I send 100% of my friend requests to. Thats the guy I would have on my team any day. Healers are the rarest and most difficult career to master, because it requires you to multi-task at a moment's notice across 5 players. Cruiser's and Engineers in general, should be proud of that.

Instead I see a lot of cruisers that refuse to heal their team and try and be the man.
Hear hear. I fly my cruiser as a support damage ship. I know I won't be able to keep up with damage dealers, frankly I don't care. But I do feel underappreciated when I hit a guy with a TSS2 and Aux2SIF at 125 aux power, and all I hear is... that's right, silence even though I just saved them from a heavy plasma torp or iso charge/some random very angry BoP that wanted a kill via decloaking alpha nuke (yes I say angry, because there is no way in hell you can justify dealing that kind of damage without some rage being there).

I swear, the only place an engi cruiser is anywhere close to welcome is PvP. And guess what the smallest portion of STO is? Yep... -.-

Biggest portion? PvE. What is needed there? Yep, damage. What can cruisers no longer do as effectively? Damage. They can heal and tank like beasts. I have seen and done that on many occasions. It's actually rather fun knowing that I am keeping that tac cube angry at me, and letting the escorts/raptors/BCs/BoPs slap it around without it even noticing. But you don't get any love for doing that. I know for a fact that one of my friends only adds people because their ship did some sick damage and he saw it. Hate the guy in game, but he's my bud IRL, so what can ya do right?

Anyways, enough love/horror stories. You are absolutely correct. In space, engicruisers are support craft. Even specced for damage, they are better at support fire and healing, and occasionally face-checking a torp for you. I personally love seeing an engi-oddy tanking the crap out of the borg and letting me demolish them without any fear of reprisal. It makes life as a squishnukescort fun. er. XP. Shame that nobody else on my team appreciates that guy...


And as for OP? Yeah, you're right, but if you think about it, any thread that even whispers cruisers will have that happen. I saw nothing wrong with your turn bonus and beam buff, a little iffy on your BOff change, but that's opinion nothing more. As far as I can tell, your ideas are sound. ish. Within reason XD.

P.S This post was made after 22 hours without sleep and actually doing lots of stuff during the day. So if it makes no sense whatsoever, that's why.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,228
# 37
11-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
I wish my thread hadn't been misinterpreted as a demand for Cruisers to be made into damage beasts. Did you read my op? I want slightly more turn rate, a slight buff to beams (which benefits everyone) and a universal ensign for one Fleet ship. The dreadnought changes I came up with were kind of a pie in the sky idea, even though I merely suggested it receive an extra console and two tactical lieutenants, which is hardly stepping on an escort's toes. I was originally going to suggest that the ship become a lockbox item to compensate.

It's pretty obvious that I do not want cruisers to be like escorts. I want them to be slightly better than they currently are. Then suddenly my thread got hijacked by a pack of demanding whiners with all kinds of stupid overpowered ideas for cruisers which we've all heard before and which I do not agree with. This is precisely what I wanted to avoid.

By the way, do you use Fed cruisers much, or are you mostly a KDF player?
Sorry fulleatherjacket. In hindsight I was way out of order. My sincere apologies. I hope that your efforts do not go unnoticed, and that when the time comes only two things are considered.

1.) Balance across all aspects of the game, PvE as well as PvP.
2.) All factions are equally developed in terms of ships, etc.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 90
# 38 Phaser beam array damage
11-06-2012, 11:53 AM
I think that criusers should be de-sized a bit as to allow for more space in space, there more like whales not star ships!

Also the phaser damage for all levels should be pumped up, so we don`t have to go out and spend our hard earned cash on a fleet version of a ship! I think the proton torps shud be improved in reload time and damage to!!!!


(acting)
Captain James A. Highland
W.A.S.I.C First Fighter command chief space marshall
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 449
# 39
11-06-2012, 12:17 PM
I agree with all your base changes to all beams(though I think a slightly higher increase here) and cruisers. Though i think this game needs balance pass on all turn rates inertia mods and shield and hull strength.


1. I think they just need to add a fleet assault cruiser period....

2. this is a obvious change that should have been there since the creation of the ship.

3. Honestly I don't agree with this one but the dread does need some love due to it not having a fleet version I honestly think it should just have 10 console slots... a extra engi or science wouldn't make this ship better then fleet ships due to there hull and shield bonuses.

or why don't they just make a fleet version with one uni boff and extra tac or engi console that is unlock by buying the cstore dread... I mean the lance is nice ability but long cooldown and slow turn rate of the dread would leave it for one hit bursts in most situations...


Maybe they could combine the lance with the cloak console.... add the lance model kinda like they do with the borgset or other sets... Though this would take alot of art time... But i think the money from a fleet version would be there... To off set the time cost...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:56 AM.