Captain
# 1 GRRR Earth starbase loading
11-06-2012, 04:10 AM
Is anyone else having problems with loading earth starbase. everywhere else loads ok but earth is taking around 10-15 minutes
Career Officer
# 2
11-06-2012, 04:50 AM
Yeah, happens to nearly everyone. And Cryptic knows this fact, yet still hasn't fixed it.

Best way to get around it is to beam down to Starfleet Academy and beam up to ESD. Annoying but it's quick.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Cryptic, I'll take your fancy T6 Ships and blow them out of the star's with my mighty T5 Vor'Cha!
Ensign
# 3
11-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
Yeah, happens to nearly everyone. And Cryptic knows this fact, yet still hasn't fixed it.

Best way to get around it is to beam down to Starfleet Academy and beam up to ESD. Annoying but it's quick.
Yep, this works the best so far. I find it faster than reloading the game.
In game, I'm @Meteon
Career Officer
# 4
11-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
Yeah, happens to nearly everyone.
No, it doesn't. It happens to about 1 in 10 (going by my fleetmate reports; and some people, myself included have never experienced this loading issue with either ESD or DS9.

The problem does indeed exist, but no, it doesn't happen to nearly everyone (and that's too bad in a way because if it did, it would probably be easier to track down and correct.)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 5
11-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
No, it doesn't. It happens to about 1 in 10 (going by my fleetmate reports; and some people, myself included have never experienced this loading issue with either ESD or DS9.

The problem does indeed exist, but no, it doesn't happen to nearly everyone (and that's too bad in a way because if it did, it would probably be easier to track down and correct.)
And that's the main reason why it isn't fixed. Yes, Cryptic knows about the problem, but they have no more idea of why it happens than we do. And without knowing what's causing the problem, it's pretty much impossible to fix.

The problem is that there's no single one consistent way to make it happen. Cryptic devs have seen it happen to themselves, but without being able to reproduce the issue reliably, it still doesn't help.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Captain
# 6
11-07-2012, 03:07 AM
as said before there is no relyable cause for this, but just to be safe: deactivate the download while playing
do not use a proxy server...use the US. (personally i only had problems with the regional servers)
run the game fillscreen
Go pro or go home
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
11-07-2012, 04:25 AM
DS9 is worse.
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}
Career Officer
# 8
11-08-2012, 06:49 AM
I find it easier to load k-7. Also ask yourself if you are in a team. I find if you are in a team do not load DS-9 or ESD. I also only run queued event from either sol system or SFA. Wha t needs to happen more importantly than adding content right now is fixing the bugs and missions that are not working properly.
Captain
# 9
11-10-2012, 06:56 PM
They're hiding and moderating any public sentiment about the load time problem so as not to bring it up to public view. Why? Because half the playerbase experiences it EVERY TIME. It's not 1 in 10. Your friends are lucky if that's the case. It's so bad it's not just ESD or DS9 anymore. Just loading different maps on the same storyline mission (Of Bajor) took forever very recently. So I post in real time as I'm waiting... 35 minutes before I have to get to sleep at 1:30 am. Posted repeatedly with time stamps on posts and telling what the % was at that time....

And Cryptic moved the thread to the PC & Technical help forum, claiming I was having technical problems on my end. I complain and they lock my thread. I talk to the mod that moved it and he says "Submit a ticket if you think it was moved incorrectly" -- to which I respond I've DONE THAT BEFORE and they don't give a rat's butt and will not do anything to reign in their moderators at all.

They are in full 100% denial mode. They know what's causing it. There's only one "load level" subroutine that the game can run to load a map. The problem is there. They know this. They refuse to put time and effort into the many game breaking "features" because they never test, never QA, and never look back. They put out crap code then move on to the next $7.00 EVA suit, or the next $25.00 fed ship.

Expect this thread to be moderated as well, once the forum mods that have some sort of directive to hide such threads take notice of it.
Ensign
# 10
11-10-2012, 08:47 PM
I have never had an issue loading a map. Be it ESD, DS9, K-7 or whatever. At most it takes me 1 minute to load a map.