Lieutenant
# 11
11-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
Im starting to like this angle. What are Klingons whining about? Better that one of your leaders has a solid head on his shoulders and looks to their own history to prevent repeating it. To want to wipe out the Romulans who are trying to be a peaceful ally would just make all Klingons look like the dumb dogs we Feds assume you all are. Actually thinking things through logically and looking at the bigger picture is what the Klingons should be doing, not looking to kill everything in sight.
thems fightin words
Rihannsu
# 12
11-06-2012, 12:34 PM
I like stuff like this as it adds flavour but I'd so like to see these updates appear in game for immersion and realism rather than reading them on the website.

there must be a simple way they can set up a console to give out regular 'federation news service updates' or 'KDF intelligence' operative in the back ally of qo'nos to keep you updated on the latest intelligence/news.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 13
11-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
Im starting to like this angle. What are Klingons whining about? Better that one of your leaders has a solid head on his shoulders and looks to their own history to prevent repeating it. To want to wipe out the Romulans who are trying to be a peaceful ally would just make all Klingons look like the dumb dogs we Feds assume you all are. Actually thinking things through logically and looking at the bigger picture is what the Klingons should be doing, not looking to kill everything in sight.
Those that do not know history are doomed to repeat it. The Duras are not to be trusted. The Romulans are not to be trusted. The Remans, they are honorable warriors and we will aid them. However, we are Klingons and we can not over look the actions of these dishonorable petaQ so easily. There is still a lot of animosity and hatred that exists, and the high council expects us to trust them so easily? I will remain cautious and keep my mek'leth close at hand. I suspect ... no I expect Romulan treachery.
Commander
# 14
I guess the KDF is ok with turning the Roumlans into pacifists. You beat your enemy by putting them to sleep.
Lieutenant
# 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
i Like Stuff Like This As It Adds Flavour But I'd So Like To See These Updates Appear In Game For Immersion And Realism Rather Than Reading Them On The Website.

There Must Be A Simple Way They Can Set Up A Console To Give Out Regular 'federation News Service Updates' Or 'kdf Intelligence' Operative In The Back Ally Of Qo'nos To Keep You Updated On The Latest Intelligence/news.

+1000 _________

Last edited by bghost; 11-06-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 16
11-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Nice read!!!

that's mean... a new klingon ship? or only prepare the weapons that exist now against iconians??
Empire Veteran
# 17
11-06-2012, 12:59 PM
I do like where this is going I just have a few problems of how the story telling from what we know so far isn't meshing to me atleast on where the game is heading.

#1. If we are to be allies with both Factions in relation to the Romulans and get their tech but not able to play actual romulans and then the fake romulan aliens we made would need to be able to be turned into actual romulans...

#2. There is a Fed/KDF war but yet both sides are in an alliance with the Romulan Star Empire. It's like the hatfields and the mckoys go to a restraunt and because they both like the food they just happen to not shoot each other until they get to the parking lot?

#3. How is the KDF going to benefit from this alliance? How is it benefiting from a cease fire or possible end to the Fed/KDF war? I could see the federation going into an alliance but very vague look of it being any romulan can come in and pretend to be one of them and sabotage the alliance and then so much hostility in the past against the KDF that they could even look at peace lol.

This all seems an attempt in reality to keep the war going but to declaw the KDF once and for all.

Although it would be cool if we had a negh'var-scimitar hybrid to come out of this then I could agree on it

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 11-06-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 18
11-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Yes, Duras is not to be trusted, and Romulans aren't to be trusted... we're all aware of these points.

But just because this has happened in the past, does not mean the Klingons have to turn them away at every turn without thinking. That would not be honorable.

No, they'll meet with the Romulans, as honor dicates They say keep your enemies closer, and this is as close as can be... and if there's any treachery, well, you know what's next.

And blindly fighting enemies when you could potentially learn more about their defenses, and subdue them without effort? Where's the honor in blindly lashing out based on past prejudices? That'd make them no better than the Tal'Shiar
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 19
11-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soriedem View Post
This makes me want to get involved with the Romulans even more now ... not. The Duras Family has no honor and they are dictating policy in the Empire now?
Duras and his father were dishonorable, but Ja'rod (this Ja'rod) appears to be a good example for other warriors.

This was a great read. Thanks, Cryptic!
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 20
11-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks, that opens up new possibilitys and ends this stupid FED-KDF War. That we had many times in the past already Looking forward into the Future