Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 21
11-06-2012, 10:44 AM
My understanding is that anything they come up wtih for a story has to be approved by CBS.

IMHO CBS does not want the Klingons to be more than "Space Orcs"

Although I could be wrong about both of the above statements.
Career Officer
# 22
11-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
-snipped-
You also forgot to mention that the Path to 2409 painted them as the heroes of the whole Undine thing. They were the only power in the quadrant that not only recognized the threat, but actually did something about it. And hell, despite how they're (usually) portrayed in game they didn't just go off on a crusade, they tried to warn the other powers first and only started up the war machine after they were ignored/told they were chasing ghosts.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-06-2012, 11:28 AM
I dont think cbs is the problem here, if I had to take a guess id say perfect world.

We should remember that when the KDF began in sto, all it was supposed to be was a pvp faction. You remember the grinds, no episodes, and pvp. Latter on of course the devs realized oh crap more fans wanted to be klingons or Romulans then feds. When I got this game I knew there was a slim chance, but I wanted to be a Romulan. As it was the one thing that was vastly unexplored in star trek. Of course I found out you couldn't be a Romulan so I went to the next best thing the Klingons. Only to find out that I needed to create a fed first.

My point is its been a cluster frack up for a long time now, but the KDF is showing signs of becoming a complete faction on ITS OWN. The story bugs me more often then not, because it usually follows fed ideals, but I can live with that if they actually complete the KDF. Once this is done, then latter on they can tweak the stories for a more klingon outcome.
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
11-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Riiiiighht.
Becuase the RSE would in no way be upset over the KDF invading and capturing thier territories after the supernova or missions like "Removing the Romulan Empire" where we have killed them by the thousands and we KDF players should be quick to trust the RSE after we had to stop them from almost ruining the House of Martok or all the trouble they gave us in the Romulan Mystery mission series.
[...]
We know that the Romulans will betray us, it is in their nature. But we cannot afford to have them betray us before they betray the Federation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Lieutenant
Empire Veteran
# 26
11-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
We know that the Romulans will betray us, it is in their nature. But we cannot afford to have them betray us before they betray the Federation.
They are weakened and disorganized. Now is the time to strike and solve the issue permanently.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Empire Veteran
# 27
11-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Don't they say keep your enemies closer? This is as close as can be And by doing so, carefully keeping the Romulans away from important info, you learn more about their defenses, and see if their peace drivel is actually true or not.

If they are, we can subdue them without a single blow or effort, and focus resources elsewhere. If not, well, you all know what's next.

My two cents
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
11-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
They are weakened and disorganized. Now is the time to strike and solve the issue permanently.
Oh, I agree! It is a good time for it, if you look at them. Let us crush them... but with what ships?

The Federation, The Fehk'Ihri, the Borg, the Tholians, not to mention the True Way, the Gorn rebels, the Orion and Nausicaan pirates that attack our starbases, and the legimate conflicts of rival houses within the Empire that need to be solved the traditional way... we just don't have enough resources to subjugate the Romulans right now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-06-2012, 05:14 PM
(( Well its settled the KDF will ally with the Romulans, and more then likely it looks like the Romulans will become perfect worlds new cash cow for sto. I hope the bastards pay for what they have done, and will do to star trek. No conquest here the typical fed ideal bs))
Captain
# 30
11-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Why not make the vault an objective based PvP map? That would make sense.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.