Captain
# 11
11-05-2012, 07:31 PM
horizon's reputation:

drunken old guy ranting too much.
Commander
# 12
11-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Well all things considered, with a huge bulk of PvP players gone to Mech Warrior Online and Guild Wars these guys may have got the message. Then again, I could be wrong.

I think they thought we were bluffing.

Let's take a simple calculator to the test, tachyoknetic converter is being bought a lot by PvPers to my knowledge as a replacement to the Borg console. That's a $50.00 console easily.

Let's say there's 200 PvPers, and say 75 of them are gone to Mech Warrior, that's $3750.00 per character right off the bat in loss of revenue! Although this number is deflated a lot, it just shows how high that dollar number can get with inclusion to respec tokens, more players, and other releases. Vesta for instance is probably going to be another $50.00 package that will have a lack of consumers due to their neglect to PvP.

This is my assessment to Cryptic/PWE's losses for this month. Then again, they could deem it all as a write off and intended for it all to happen. I can bet their value as a 50 million dollar company has been depreciated since PWE bought them.

Every penny counts Crytpic/PWE. This business relationship between pvper and developer has become more a long the lines of investor and corporation. And the investors are pulling out, one by one.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes (this fleet lost 20+ players to your competitors over the past few months).
Rihannsu
# 13
11-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
/snip
I think you are completely off mark tbh. We (PvPers) want a ferrari, cryptic sells trucks, we all bought one and are now complaining. Would they love to sell us ferrari-like sports vehicle: of course! Can they make one: Hell no.

Leaderboards, Fixing cloak, fleetbase PvP content, fixing Kerrat, fixing F@W all were in testing internally going out soon, and we are still waiting. This pvp rep talk is not even a good installment of a much repeated episode. Guess that is progress, the sales pitch has toned down.

There won't be a pvp rep system, it would need pvp content, and Devs to make it. It is not going to happen.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Lieutenant
Commander
# 15
11-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
I think you are completely off mark tbh. We (PvPers) want a ferrari, cryptic sells trucks, we all bought one and are now complaining. Would they love to sell us ferrari-like sports vehicle: of course! Can they make one: Hell no.

Leaderboards, Fixing cloak, fleetbase PvP content, fixing Kerrat, fixing F@W all were in testing internally going out soon, and we are still waiting. This pvp rep talk is not even a good installment of a much repeated episode. Guess that is progress, the sales pitch has toned down.

There won't be a pvp rep system, it would need pvp content, and Devs to make it. It is not going to happen.
To entertain your analogy:

I don't know about you, but I like my Tonka Trucks. All I want is a tune up. However, that 'mechanic shop' cannot sustain itself without clients is what I am saying and I think and hope they're getting the message.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes
Career Officer
# 16
11-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
Well all things considered, with a huge bulk of PvP players gone to Mech Warrior Online and Guild Wars these guys may have got the message. Then again, I could be wrong.

I think they thought we were bluffing.

Let's take a simple calculator to the test, tachyoknetic converter is being bought a lot by PvPers to my knowledge as a replacement to the Borg console. That's a $50.00 console easily.

Let's say there's 200 PvPers, and say 75 of them are gone to Mech Warrior, that's $3750.00 per character right off the bat in loss of revenue! Although this number is deflated a lot, it just shows how high that dollar number can get with inclusion to respec tokens, more players, and other releases. Vesta for instance is probably going to be another $50.00 package that will have a lack of consumers due to their neglect to PvP.

This is my assessment to Cryptic/PWE's losses for this month. Then again, they could deem it all as a write off and intended for it all to happen. I can bet their value as a 50 million dollar company has been depreciated since PWE bought them.

Every penny counts Crytpic/PWE. This business relationship between pvper and developer has become more a long the lines of investor and corporation. And the investors are pulling out, one by one.

-PaxOttomana of Turkish RP Heroes (this fleet lost 20+ players to your competitors over the past few months).
You got a point here, and yes sad to say at this very moment we have more fun in MWO then in STO, and yes, I've always spend money in this game as a PvPer, respecs, lockbox ships, etc. Lobi stuff.

I will be back when there is something interesting going on again, for now I feel like I have nothing much to do anymore in this game.

Oh well,

See you guys soon Im still on Pidgin
Captain
# 17
11-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctraiderz View Post
You got a point here, and yes sad to say at this very moment we have more fun in MWO then in STO, and yes, I've always spend money in this game as a PvPer, respecs, lockbox ships, etc. Lobi stuff.

I will be back when there is something interesting going on again, for now I feel like I have nothing much to do anymore in this game.

Oh well,

See you guys soon Im still on Pidgin
Snip! More fun in MWO right now.

Sad to say, but the PVP shine has disappeared for most of us in STO at this point in time. MWO is pure PVP. All the complexity of STO and more. It has stirred up the fun we used to get during season 2 pvp where hours would disappear in front of the screen with pure fun and enjoyment. The balance seems to be such that the little mechs you can start off with are just as important in a team environment as the big ones. Can you say the same for tier 4, 5 & 6 ships in STO?

Now, all it feels like is you have to spend X amount of time to unlock this to get that. Grind this mission to unlock that.

Wait, more grind? The rep system. More "Fun"?!?! How is grinding fun PWE? Why is it so difficult to incorporate the grind into the enjoyable parts?

Over the last few weeks I assessed the amount of time i had spent obtaining good stuff to actually function in PVP and that hit home for me. 10% pvp vs. 90% grinding. Way out of wack. (I also consider exchange watching a major necessity - part of 90%)

Due to the power creep kicking in way too quickly with the release of new ships month in, month out, there will be no balance as it will always be catch up for the devs.

Remember how long the MVAM took to come out post initial release of game? It should have remained that way. Look at how quickly the tholian ships have become obsolete. When were they released?

I'll see what happens in Season 8 or log in here and there to see whats happening whilst MWO patches

All the best to the PVP community for now.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles

Last edited by naz4; 11-06-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Career Officer
# 18
11-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Oh just a comparison STO vs MWO

MWO:****************************STO:

No Grind for Best Gear****************Grind for Best Gear Excluding EC to get best Weapons
Individual Parts Damage System*********Shield/Hull System
Mech's are equally important***********Ships totally outbalanced, you need a lockbox ship.
Weapons are fairly balanced***********Weapons/Skills totally out of whack
Awesome PvP existent***************Hardly any decent PvP
Very nice tweaking system************Unbalanced Skill Tree which requires Money (Respec)
Queuing up = Instant game***********Wait 5/10 minutes, KDF 30+ often.
MWO Skill based, Aiming, Teamplay.*****Less Skill based, you get 'better' with better gear/lockbox/lobi ****.

For the most matches, you really need to get your self skills up in means of aiming your weapons properly, trying to avoid attacks, Long range missiles, and team play is a very important aspect. Even a reasonable decent team of friends versus a pug is not always a guarantee for a win, thats the nice thing about it.

For now the only game mode is assault and you can either kill all your opponents, or capture their base faster then they do, or do both. lol You can actually choose. Its like Arena + CnH from STO combined.

This is just the tip of the iceberg though :O
I see so much aspects which STO could be just as good at it is really unfortunate it isn't

Last edited by marctraiderz; 11-06-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 19
11-06-2012, 01:44 PM
no star trek space battles***********star trek space battles

at the very least a PVP rep system wouldn't be a grind to us, unless you consider pvp a grind. i don't think any of us do.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 20
11-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Point Blank STO pvp is not living up to what it should be....Cryptic has taken my favorite franchise tv show/ movies and completely made a fool of it, with its non realistic, horribly unbalanced, and pay 2 win game engine. How can i play PVP in a game that completely neglect pvp all together.

Season 8 will be another p2w grind fest with horribly unbalanced abilities nothing will be fixed and the only contribution to pvp that will occur will be 1 new map to ground pvp.

Unless something EPIC occurs during season 8 this life time account holder will not return and will not spend anymore money on this game.

I will remain in MWO with their Epic and totally balanced PVP cause its just that much more well built sorry Cryptic......

Galron Sad Pandas
Galron Says PEW PEW!!!!!!!!