Career Officer
Here's the idea (FREE FOR ALL PVP )space and ground. Hers's a bigger picture for ground.Now have a map the size of New Romulus,have terrain setting like in the mission ALFA from the kdf side, disable RPG mode (or keep it if like), remove enemy tag and visual off the map, decrease shields and health for a very clean kill ,make melee weapon the 1 hit wonderand last put a max of 50 player NO teams and just pvp it out with just skills and your whits and fight to be on top of the leader board. (oh you got a kill. guess what!!! your own fleet mate just flanked you for a 1000 crit you wile camping in bushes) for space just give it a free for all didn't put mush thought into it noting fancy.

so you guys feeling me on the free for all suggestion
plz don't get mad. i have a headache and i just got off COD MWF3 and i thought to myself (WHY DONT WE HAVE THIS IN STAR TREK ONLINE)

ha fixed spelling dew to burning head ...............i should be asleep

Last edited by extremis0; 11-06-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
11-06-2012, 03:56 PM
What kind of ridiculous idea is this?!? Why would you even post this trash!! Just get out!!

Just kidding... I actually kinda like it. Make it Ground PvP en masse, survival of the fittest, make it on Galorndon Core so personal shields aren't working due to interference, and give a small dilithium bonus (like 5-10 dil) for each kill. Let people just go nuts for as long or little as they like.

It would be completely optional, something totally out of the way... No reason not to, eh?
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Republic Veteran
# 3
11-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremis0 View Post
i just got off COD MWF3 and i thought to myself (WHY DONT WE HAVE THIS IN STAR TREK ONLINE)
Because it isn't COD MW3.
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Career Officer
# 4
11-06-2012, 03:59 PM
You know, the more I think about this... you could make it like a shipwreck scenerio... if you used Galorndon core, you could say that everyone on the planet is going nuts from the neural energy scrambling their brain. You have to fight for survival until you beam out. You have no shieds, therefore Melee is much more effective, and it's an absolute free for all, with some small dilithium bonuses to gain.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
You know, the more I think about this... you could make it like a shipwreck scenerio... if you used Galorndon core, you could say that everyone on the planet is going nuts from the neural energy scrambling their brain. You have to fight for survival until you beam out. You have no shieds, therefore Melee is much more effective, and it's an absolute free for all, with some small dilithium bonuses to gain.
I certainly don't object to another ground PvP zone, especially a Free-4-All.
Galordon Core has issues thou.
Like you said, the interference causing brain issues.
Wouldn't this bring rise to certainly "mental" abilities having issues?

It wasn't just Brains that were having issues, a Romulan lost the use of his legs there.
So maybe something like acquiring Injuries based on time spent on the surface. temporary injurys that are removed when you left Core?
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Jump into DayZ. Open world PvP with permadeath and it is not CoD. Man up.

Also, not sure if troll or not. Spell check comes standard with most modern browsers these days.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Not sure I can be mad about something posted that isn't in English.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Captain
# 8
11-06-2012, 05:02 PM
it could be fun.. a zone like defera where you beam in and just start shooting people..
they could make it so when you teamed up your teammates were on your side so to speak.

i think something like capture the flag would fun too.. you beam in and get to choose blue or red. (not kdf vs fed)

this game has such potential.. sigh..
Career Officer
# 9
11-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
Because it isn't COD MW3.
well it dont keep true to (trek) Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers? ring any bells?

in a game that is more about killing to start with i dont see why the OP ide is bad
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Rihannsu
# 10
11-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Ya'll PvP'ers can have an open PvP planet, with the same patch that brings the playable Romulan faction live. Deal?