Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Website improvement suggestion
11-06-2012, 06:28 PM
As per a thread in technical issues, the launcher is having trouble updating which means we can't open the game. The website, however, says the server is up.

I can appreciate that the server may be up for people who are already playing, but when there's a launcher issue people trying to log on may think that there's an issue with their hardware when they see that the server is up on the website.

I think that adding one or more status updates, ones that address areas besides the actual server itself, would be a really good idea. It would take almost no extra space on the site itself and would provide players with a more correct picture as to the true status of the game.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 2
11-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
As per a thread in technical issues, the launcher is having trouble updating which means we can't open the game. The website, however, says the server is up.

I can appreciate that the server may be up for people who are already playing, but when there's a launcher issue people trying to log on may think that there's an issue with their hardware when they see that the server is up on the website.

I think that adding one or more status updates, ones that address areas besides the actual server itself, would be a really good idea. It would take almost no extra space on the site itself and would provide players with a more correct picture as to the true status of the game.
Thanks for the feedback! Right as you posted, or shortly before, we put up a message in red on the launcher and site letting players know we were investigating an issue with patching

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Branflakes, out of curiosity, is the server status on the website an automated function or does it require a person to toggle it?