Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey guys, this is Josh (WaxPaper), the author of the editorial. Listen, I'm sorry about the Romulus thing. It was one of those "mini mental aneurysms" that all of us get from time to time, and for some reason we don't associate one thing with another, or realize even though we did know it at the time. Yes, I have looked at the timeline I posted. Yes, I have seen the movie. Yes, I've seen every episode of every show and every movie ever released. It was just a dumb mistake, and I'm sorry if you got the wrong impression of me (or of ZAM.com).

Also, to everyone who says "Eh, nothing new here"...the editorial was written for a broader audience than just 'Trek fans, and its MAIN purpose wasn't to provide news that no one had heard yet. It was an editorial about how the new movie relates to the game, and the fan-developer relationship regarding Abrams' reboot.

Once again, I'm sorry if my mistake caused you any emotional or mental distress. I suppose coming across a blatant mistake like that can induce a pretty shock-inducing trauma if you're not prepared for it in advance. Normally, I'd be surprised to see such negativity and bile from Star Trek fans, considering most of us love the show for the intellectual and ethical tenets I mentioned in the editorial. But I admit...mistaking Romulus' existence for the wrong timeline is a pretty unforgivable offense.

Cheers,

Josh