Career Officer
# 21
11-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3of9 View Post
As I recall, Season 6 prepatching started nearly 2 weeks before launch. I suspect this is to give everyone ample time to get the patch without totally zerging the patch servers. Especially since patching is incremental, every time they push another build out to Tribble, the prepatch can be updated too, keeping everyone up to date and able to start Season 7 on launch day with as little delay as possible (aside from the inevitable login queues as everyone and their vulcan half-brothers login at once).
This is why picked the week of the 22nd as the live date for S7 when people asked me.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Career Officer
# 22
11-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Pre-patching has been enabled for Season 7

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Wish it was a option, and we had been told BEFORE hand. Since i logged out this morning, i have been unable to log back in. Worked fine before this whatever it is.....
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
11-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Quote:
No; it's not coming on Thursday Again, the plan is for you to be able to see the conversion crate on Tribble before it goes live -- watch for Tribble patch notes.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

How flexible will you be on the conversion crate? Because right now you can see a lot of people (especially those with a lot of stuff) being unhappy, but if you're going to do a veteran boff thing that needed to be announced before giving a first pass on the box conversion. But if you're going to iterate on the design a lot of people might be... unhappy to find they cashed in based on a first pass.
Captain
# 24
11-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
I've put 10+ hours into the same character on TTS for all the requirements, and I'm not even Tier 1. Why, again, do we need to spend an arbitrary amount of time and Di in order to access what we've already earned?
Ahh, but you didn't read it well enough. THEY'RE REMOVING DILITHIUM REQUIREMENTS! (and more smiley spam)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Rihannsu
# 25
11-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Just a tip: removing or reducing dilithium cost for Borg/Reman/Romulan gear acquisition would really be a plus. My Special Service Squadron fleetmates are willing to pay Zen for the latest and greatest (I've already bought Zen in order to get the Vesta pack as soon as it comes out) but most, if not all, of us will not spend cash or Zen to get dilithium. Now, I know that the prototype borg salvage I currently use to get Mk XII ship weapons is basically worth 2304 dilithium per piece, so...if I must pay dilithium to get borg weapons I hope that I'm not paying any more than that or having to use other currency to buy those weapons that could otherwise be converted into more than that (or took more work to earn than prototype salvage!).

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
Rihannsu
# 26
11-07-2012, 02:10 AM
The pre-patch does not come up for me which is unusual.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 27
11-07-2012, 03:02 AM
Quote:
No, lol.

Also, these Tribble patch notes may interest you http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...81#post6434881 -- we've also updated the tier at which you receive your crate. It's pretty quick to get to that tier, too.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Took Friday off work and everything! :-(
Career Officer
# 28
11-07-2012, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
The pre-patch does not come up for me which is unusual.
Same here. Odd.
Career Officer
# 29
11-07-2012, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonias2 View Post
Took Friday off work and everything! :-(
I'll be doing the same hopefully, although will likely book the day after season 7 commences off work. The servers were

Though, saying that, I do hope that we actually GET some kind of confirmation this time, as opposed to season six, where there was something of an attitude of secrecy and we didn't really get solid confirmation of the patch until the patch was half-complete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 11-07-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Career Officer
# 30
11-07-2012, 04:58 AM
Quote:
No, lol.

Also, these Tribble patch notes may interest you http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...81#post6434881 -- we've also updated the tier at which you receive your crate. It's pretty quick to get to that tier, too.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Oh Brandon, yes technically we get the crates at tier 3 now, but you forgot to mention that last week it was 40000 xp to max out Omega Reputation, now its 100000!

So no, we actually get it around the same point, you guys just moved the final goal posts

Oh, and your advise to wait until the conversion goes on tribble before converting everything to Dilithium asap is mute, it already has and absolutely sucks