Captain
# 31
11-07-2012, 04:26 AM
4 feds, C&H scenario, 3 KDF, run less than 4 hours ago. Levels were in the low end on the KDF side (20-something to 29), same for fed as the que's pop "level groupings".

Now, the OP's hypothesis should show a relatively balanced fight-if it is true that KDF is overpowered, then 3 KDF vs. 4 Feds should work out to a drawn-out situation.

now...as to what actually happened...

If this had been an Arena fight instead of C&H, it would have taken about 5 minutes. Feds worked together, and Klink players worked together, but it was a one-sided event where the Feds out-killed their opposition something close to 3 to 1.

This is what happens when a Fed team actually acts like they SHOULD, and has a 1 man advantage (honestly I wonder if the que is bugged, only 3 Klinks and the limit to start the match is 4 on 4...). Fed team had at least 2 sci, I know 1 tactical, the fourth I'm not entirely sure about, but given that the fEds have nothing with Universal Consoles, but a lot of sci powers were in play on fedside-and I mean a LOT. SNB, Sensor scan, etc. were going at each 'meeting point', and response times when we DID manage to jump a straggler showed they were awake.

Contrast that now, with the more typical version of events-that being, that most of the time, Feds do NOT work together until late in the match, if then. It was a good fight.

Notes taken: when I caught their tactical on his own, I had him down to 8% hull, but he had me down around 3% before his buddies closed range enough to Science me into respawn, an event that occurred only AFTER they had finished the other two Klinks on my team-way the hell over on the other side of the map.

He matched my turn using buffs, and even running power at 125% to my weapons, using CRF1 and HYT1, he was able to deliver more firepower thanks to more console space and more weapons, while handling my fire thanks to heavier hull and shields (and my total lack of C-store or other purchased buffs-this toon's not been around long enough and only has white consoles of appropriate-that is, V level.)

IF KDF were overpowered, one would think that, going against the softest hulled / shielded fed should result in an easy kill.

this was not the case, nor is that unexpected if you actually know how to read stats.
Captain
# 32
11-07-2012, 05:06 AM
For every "Klingon Side are OP" thread that appears on Klingon Gameplay, do you think we should make a thread "Feds are idiots" on Federation Gameplay and list the mistakes and reasons why they are failing?
Empire Veteran
# 33
11-07-2012, 05:15 AM
Or maybe the Feds are just frackin wimps.

If they are not complaining about the OP KDF, they are blaiming us for the poor quality of PvP in the FvK ques because some mean old Klingon has mined the spawn point or they whine about any number of percieved afront to thier mighty fandoms.

They only have excuse on why things suck and they themselves are never tallied in the share of blame for actions they themselves are just as guilty of committing.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Captain
# 34
11-07-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
because some mean old Klingon has mined the spawn point
It's funny and cruel I know.... but feds in capture and hold should never let it get to that situation.
Empire Veteran
# 35
11-07-2012, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
For every "Klingon Side are OP" thread that appears on Klingon Gameplay, do you think we should make a thread "Feds are idiots" on Federation Gameplay and list the mistakes and reasons why they are failing?
Yes, yes we should.

1) Arrogance. They believe the IP exists becuase of them instead they existing becuase of the IP.

2) Arrogance. Problems must exist in the game, the other factions or the very basics of the games code becuase they died or got defeated in a aspect of the game.

3) Arrogance. How can any other species have a ship or vessels of the line that out perform the Feds vessels? It must be cheating or a bug. So thinks the fed player.
Empire Veteran
# 36
11-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Quote:
It's funny and cruel I know.... but feds in capture and hold should never let it get to that situation.
True enough. Though my grief is against the concept that its ONLY the KDF that does this in PvP.
As if a fed never mined the spawn point, or camped , or use EWP, VTR or waited in hiding for the Klinks to repsawn so they could be easily dispatched again.

The cheese is bad and I do not condone it personaly, but the bulls t that only the KDF use cheese or act like a-holes is as far from the truth as Gene is from life.
Captain
# 37
11-07-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Yes, yes we should.

1) Arrogance. They believe the IP exists becuase of them instead they existing becuase of the IP.

2) Arrogance. Problems must exist in the game, the other factions or the very basics of the games code becuase they died or got defeated in a aspect of the game.

3) Arrogance. How can any other species have a ship or vessels of the line that out perform the Feds vessels? It must be cheating or a bug. So thinks the fed player.
Would you like honours? I can provide a list of reasons that are all arrogance and ignorance related. Most involving failure or willingless to acknowledge/understand some simple and basic game mechanics. For example the original poster is complaining he can't one shot a bird of prey.... Now I'm wondering if he's a fool using antiproton x3 dmg weapons at a ship using evasive maneuvers and reverse shield polarity and is wondering how he can't take down it's shields?

Quote:
True enough. Though my grief is against the concept that its ONLY the KDF that does this in PvP.
Remember spawn camping is only bad if it's not the feds doing it - They hate it when I mine the KDF spawn in Kerrat as it stops them spawncamping. I believe I've been reported for doing it to (although also got reported for pvp'ing in the same warzone cause apparently Kerrat is a PvE zone....)

Last edited by vitzh; 11-07-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Captain
# 38
11-07-2012, 05:35 AM
Quote:
As if a fed never mined the spawn point, or camped , or use EWP, VTR or waited in hiding for the Klinks to repsawn so they could be easily dispatched again.

The cheese is bad and I do not condone it personaly, but the bulls t that only the KDF use cheese or act like a-holes is as far from the truth as Gene is from life.
Roach you know there are such players on both sides. But the truth is, the average fed in the queue is a lot worse than the average KDF player. Feds are undisciplined and quit/do not enter matches and then it ends like 3v5/4v5 and such. Hence I think Klingons are more guilty of that. When I fly my BoP I simply go AFK in such matches to even the odds.

As someone who plays FvK queues almost exclusively, I can tell you, majority of matches end horribly for the feds and even then, spawn camping only punishes those who actually wanted to play. This in the end draws them away from the qeueues and then you have people in OPVP channel ask fed to actually queue so some match happens.

Poor sportmanship won't draw more players to PvP. Insulting and belitteling them won't as well.
Empire Veteran
# 39
11-07-2012, 05:50 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Roach you know there are such players on both sides.
I know and I wish to make sure nobody forgets it before this forum flares up in another "Fed said/KDF did" complaint fest that only derails the game and causes tempers to rise.

Quote:
But the truth is, the average fed in the queue is a lot worse than the average KDF player. Feds are undisciplined and quit/do not enter matches and then it ends like 3v5/4v5 and such. Hence I think Klingons are more guilty of that. When I fly my BoP I simply go AFK in such matches to even the odds.
As an honorable warrior should when the sides are imbalanced.
The mining of spawn points or using EWP at the spawn point is not a matter of a player being bad at PvP but of poor personal character.

Quote:
As someone who plays FvK queues almost exclusively, I can tell you, majority of matches end horribly for the feds and even then, spawn camping only punishes those who actually wanted to play. This in the end draws them away from the qeueues and then you have people in OPVP channel ask fed to actually queue so some match happens.
This goes back to what you said about the average fed being worse on average than the basic KDF player if no cheese was used in the match. The reverse could near be said if the KDf loses, that it was a matter of lack of skill if no fed cheese was used in the match.

Quote:
Poor sportmanship won't draw more players to PvP.
True for both factions

Quote:
Insulting and belitteling them won't as well.
Poor players ruin it for everyone.
It does seem though the feds are merely using the KDF as an excuse to run hide in thier FvF ques and blame the FvK ques on us.

I've played in the FvF ques (such has been the level of my boredom) and I see the feds commit cheeese against each other just as often in the FvF ques as they claim the KDF commits it on them in the FvK ques.

If they do not wish to be insulted and belittled then they need to learn that throwing insults in chat will only cuase insults to be returned to them.

Or they can run hide and blame the evils of PvP on the hand full of KDF players still playing this game rather than look at the Devs or themselves as part of the issue as well.
Empire Veteran
# 40
11-07-2012, 05:59 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Would you like honours? I can provide a list of reasons that are all arrogance and ignorance related. Most involving failure or willingless to acknowledge/understand some simple and basic game mechanics. For example the original poster is complaining he can't one shot a bird of prey.... Now I'm wondering if he's a fool using antiproton x3 dmg weapons at a ship using evasive maneuvers and reverse shield polarity and is wondering how he can't take down it's shields?
Ignorance of the games mechanics though is also not a factional issue. Many players in both factions are unaware of the games nuiances.

Quote:
Remember spawn camping is only bad if it's not the feds doing it - They hate it when I mine the KDF spawn in Kerrat as it stops them spawncamping. I believe I've been reported for doing it to (although also got reported for pvp'ing in the same warzone cause apparently Kerrat is a PvE zone....)
How can you be reported for mining you own spawn point? Thats silly.
Almost as silly as the feds refusal to accept that Ker'rat in a PvP zone.

If you had flown over and mined the fed spawn, that would have been a cheese move.
Mining your own spawn to keep the enemy from camping though is hardly cheese.

I'm just tired of the evils of STO being heaped on the KDF.
Everywhere except on the feds it seems. Its time they stood up and accepted they are as much a part of this debacle as the rest of us.