Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 21
11-06-2012, 10:51 AM
*shrug* I don't do it.

Doesn't get much of a reaction from me anymore. I'll defend myself and kill who I can, then respawn and get back to the guy who collects most of the scans and hulks while everyone else flings poo at each other, so he can get the best loot drop at the end.

Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,309
# 22
11-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
*shrug* I don't do it.

Doesn't get much of a reaction from me anymore. I'll defend myself and kill who I can, then respawn and get back to the guy who collects most of the scans and hulks while everyone else flings poo at each other, so he can get the best loot drop at the end.

As many others do not do it as well, but many others do "do it" and its not a KDF faction only phenom.
That was the only point I was trying to make.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 23
11-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Well, I never fly those smelly Klingon scows, so I usually don't know who or how the other Feds are attacking.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,059
# 24
11-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Ker'rat is great because has no rules and only the most ferocious wins...the evil Klinguns, of course...
So spawn camping is acceptable but in Arena or C&H it's really unsportsmanlike and, as Crusty8mac honestly says, only the evil Klinguns can do this thanks to the battle cloak.
But Fed comrades, never give up and always fight to the death!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

I salute Adm. Marcus, a real Starfleet hero! Thanks to his courage we Tac Feds now have an awesome Cruiser, the USS Avenger!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,059
# 25
11-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Well, I never fly those smelly Klingon scows, so I usually don't know who or how the other Feds are attacking.
Smelly Klinguns? Don't you know the stink is a Klingun chemical weapon?
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

I salute Adm. Marcus, a real Starfleet hero! Thanks to his courage we Tac Feds now have an awesome Cruiser, the USS Avenger!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 26
11-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Up until yesterday, I have spend 90% of the time PvPing and out of that 90% of the time in FvK queues. Recetly Klingon side developed a tactic that makes already "unfun" FvK matches to something really disgusting.

Dropping Tric mines in Fed spawn zone

Seriously? You respawn and insta die to mines? Why should anyone queue for that ?

Continue with that cheese and you wont wait 15 minutes for matches, but 1 hour or more. I encourage any fed player to ignore FvK queues and let the klingons enjoy their own KvK queues for a while.

Me personally. I won't queue for FvK from now on. May the FvK forever be empty, for what I care.

Last edited by dalnar83; 11-06-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,309
# 27
11-07-2012, 05:10 AM
I'll remember that next time I get spawn mined and EWP'ed by the feds in Ker'rat at the respawn point.

The FvKing ques are to hard for everyone becuase the KDF gets blamed for crap that both sides do in PvP???

As if Fed feces only smells of roses and thier farts are pure perfume to the worlds nostrils.

Both sides have players whom act like turds and behave poorly.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 28
11-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I'll remember that next time I get spawn mined and EWP'ed by the feds in Ker'rat at the respawn point.

The FvKing ques are to hard for everyone becuase the KDF gets blamed for crap that both sides do in PvP???

As if Fed feces only smells of roses and thier farts are pure perfume to the worlds nostrils.

Both sides have players whom act like turds and behave poorly.
Pff Roach, I admit I overacted a little. But I do not remember the time I saw feds spawncamping Klingons in queue matches. Dropping tric mines in the area is something new for me and It happend for me in majority of matches yesterday.

I can even live with swarms of siphons or other pets around the spawns, but this SUCKS. I die frequently in PvP, partially because of the quallity of my pug mate, partially because of my playstyle, and I do not care about it. But dying repeatadly on the spawn place is IMHO something that is beyond stupid and certainly won't drag more players into pvping.

Ker'rat is another story. I was talking about queues.

Last edited by dalnar83; 11-07-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,309
# 29
11-07-2012, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Pff Roach, I admit I overacted a little. But I do not remember the time I saw feds spawncamping Klingons in queue matches. Dropping tric mines in the area is something new for me and It happend for me in majority of matches yesterday.

I can even live with swarms of siphons or other pets around the spawns, but this SUCKS. I die frequently in PvP, partially because of the quallity of my pug mate, partially because of my playstyle, and I do not care about it. But dying repeatadly on the spawn place is IMHO something that is beyond stupid and certainly won't drag more players into pvping.

Ker'rat is another story. I was talking about queues.
Ker'rat or the Ques, I rarely see anyone mine or spawn camp on purpose. Those few times I have seen it happening its as much a fed player as it is a KDF player or its a fed/KDF freaking out on the respawn in Ker'rat.

It is stupid and I agree it is annoying to die to such a cheap tactic on respawn in any PvP situation.
It will most certainly kill the desire to PvP but its not a KDF issue. Its a individual player issue.
I am not defending it, only that the A-holes in STO do not just come with ridges.
This game has many varieties it seems, as much as it has bugs and imbalance.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 11-07-2012 at 05:37 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,059
# 30
11-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Roach will never admit to be an evil Klingun and take the side of the bad guys!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

I salute Adm. Marcus, a real Starfleet hero! Thanks to his courage we Tac Feds now have an awesome Cruiser, the USS Avenger!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:07 AM.