Captain
# 11
11-07-2012, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
I've flown Aegis since I bought it for about 3 million EC back before S6 launched, and it's served my Defiant well. But is it good?

To quote Geordi La Forge: "You've got me, Commander."
Engines and Deflector are Okish and together they give you 10% defence. The shield is crap in current standards (MACO).
Career Officer
# 12
11-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Engines and Deflector are Okish and together they give you 10% defence. The shield is crap in current standards (MACO).
Forced to agree, sadly - tried the full Aegis set just prior to my current setup (as mentioned, Aegis engine + deflector + MACO shield) and the Aegis shield proved to be about as much use as handlebars on a surfboard.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 13
11-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Aegis also has the benefit of being usable at level 40, five levels before you could possibly get STF gear.
__

I think it should be a priority for Season 8, or Season 9 at the absolute latest, for Cryptic to completely revamp the crafting system in this game. It costs are high (too much dil) and its rewards are low (no Mk XII gear), and the whole process just doesn't feel any different from shopping at a vendor.

Tied in with that crafting revamp, the Aegis set needs an update to bring it in line with other endgame gear. Heck, make the Mk XII Aegis bind-on-pickup, too, to incentivize people to actually go through the process.
Empire Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Aegis also has the benefit of being usable at level 40, five levels before you could possibly get STF gear.
__
... the Aegis set needs an update ...

Maybe need an update but... with the change in season 7 (prepatching up) maybe a lot of people will use this set probably... that is maybe is more easy to obtain... the new system... who knows how many time we need now for the "new" omega set
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
11-07-2012, 08:54 AM
The grind will be much easier now that the dilithium component on the 2000/800 xp projects is gone. If you grind straight to the set you want and then requisition it, the longest grind (MACO/Omega/HG mk XII) is
38 project cycles or at least 76 days.

Keeping up with the grind as it is now on tribble is pretty easy, progression projects don't take dilithium and have low mark inputs. But getting the items once you're there themselves is a different matter, approximately 17 elites per mk XII set piece for the marks (you'll get far more neural processors than you'll actually need).
Captain
# 16
12-23-2012, 02:14 PM
I hope not to break the rules with posting here but my search-fu brought me here and I didn't want to open a thread that was already opened ...

SO, the Aegis set can be bought from the Exchange, but is there a minimum Mk level they can be crafted into?

Admittedly, I'm far from being able to equip them (being level 21 now), but I'm researching my long-term goals.

Thank you for further feedback!
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Ensign
# 17
12-23-2012, 02:26 PM
as was said a bit higher than you, you can use the Aegis set at level 40, no sooner. It's a really good set for level 40-45 or so as you start doing STF's, so if you can get/craft it, by all means, do so

EDIT :: no, it doesn't have Mk to it so it's one set, straight up, no need to make more than one (unless you want another set for another ship, of course)
Career Officer
# 18
12-23-2012, 06:41 PM
I've been using the Aegis set on my Oddy Tac Cruiser for some time and I'm perfectly happy with it. With the bonus I get from the three Oddy consoles along with the Aegis bonus, I usually have very little trouble. I don't fly it in STF's, (I have my Chimera set up specifically for that), but I do use it for all my dalies along with the Romulan dalie and it works just fine
Captain
# 19
12-24-2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmarvelush View Post
I've been using the Aegis set on my Oddy Tac Cruiser for some time and I'm perfectly happy with it. With the bonus I get from the three Oddy consoles along with the Aegis bonus, I usually have very little trouble. I don't fly it in STF's, (I have my Chimera set up specifically for that), but I do use it for all my dalies along with the Romulan dalie and it works just fine
To be honest, the Romulan and other Daylies are too easy for a benchmark. You can do them with a tier I ship without difficulties
Captain
# 20
12-24-2012, 02:57 AM
The Question is would you rather use the Aegis set or the Borg set for sTF's before you get the Maco set
I have just crafted the Aegis Sheild and wondering whether it was a waste