Lt. Commander
# 21
11-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Well Support has not gotten back to me yet so I don't know what is going on. They may just be ignoring me. However i am sure they have a ton of support tickets to get through so it is probably not that.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Ok so I just played on Tribble and the problem is mostly fixed. The screen still blanked on me. I did Vault Ensnared and the Starbase combat excercise to test this. both times it blanked on me a couple of times. Reducing the graphics quality to "Low" helped a little and reduced the number of times it blanked. It seems to do it when there is a text box popup on the screen or when I am in the middle of high intensity combat. Sorry I could not get any good screenshots of this happening. This is waaaay better then it was, but the problem is not totally fixed.
Captain
# 23
11-09-2012, 08:19 AM
With AAx2 or more some textures have problems loading on amd 7970 .If they dont fix this it means we Ill have to play without AA
Commander
# 24
11-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Does anyone think this is going to be resolved before S7 launch? I contacted a Dev regarding this issue, but have not received a response.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif
Commander
# 25
11-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1ace View Post
Ok so I just played on Tribble and the problem is mostly fixed. The screen still blanked on me. I did Vault Ensnared and the Starbase combat excercise to test this. both times it blanked on me a couple of times. Reducing the graphics quality to "Low" helped a little and reduced the number of times it blanked. It seems to do it when there is a text box popup on the screen or when I am in the middle of high intensity combat. Sorry I could not get any good screenshots of this happening. This is waaaay better then it was, but the problem is not totally fixed.
agreed. however, as mentioned, the problem is still happening when "dialogue" bubbles appear on screen every so often, and...the frame-rate is somewhat choppy, as opposed to Holodeck (where it looks perfect)
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-11-2012, 02:15 PM
I got a reply back on my ticket and basically they just told me that I am SOL. SO hopfully you guys have better luck then I do. I was thinking of contacting Intel support to see if they had any ideas. Oh and support told me to play with the graphics settings...yeah that has not done much, though I will play with them some more.
Ok so my Anti-aliasing is off. But I still get this problem. In combat and I can't really tell what is causing it. I have set my game graphics to low and it still happens.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Ok so I just did one of my Undine missions that I have not yet finished "Fluidic Space" And no problem. I can't run the game at "Recommended" Anymore but "Low" worked fine. Anyone else have any trouble on the old content? Is it only Season 7 stuff? I have been testing it out with Starbase 234, does the problem happen there for you guys as well?
Career Officer
# 28
11-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Not just me, huzzah! I was beginning to wonder.

I also use an Intel integrated card. Works fine on Holodeck using settings closer to High Quality than High Speed, and yet frequent flickers on Tribble and twice had a Blue Screen of Death as a result; one on New Romulus and another in space combat with Tholians in a nearby system.

...except for playing Season 7 on Tribble, this laptop has NEVER had a Blue Screen of Death.

Last edited by burwellian; 11-12-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-13-2012, 10:00 AM
That is pretty impressive! So what have you tried? Does lowering the graphics settings help any? Does it only happen on the new content? Please go ahead and open a support ticket about it. They will most likely tell you it is your card that is no longer totally compatible with the game. But try and tell then that they seem to have a bug hiding behind a incompatibility problem.
Ensign
# 30
11-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Since season 7 was put on Tribble and now is live, I've had problems with the game going completely black screen even few moments and Windows 7 keeps giving me the error 'Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered.' I have had no problems with graphics issues on this laptop i3, intel 2000 computer but now it does the same thing regardless of the set resolution, fullscreen or windowed or the detail settings set. STO S7 is the only program causing this issue. Seems that season 7 added graphics changes that hopefully can be resolved. I have updated to the latest Intel drivers as well and that does not solve the problem. The game has worked fine for me all the way to season 6.
Closed Thread