Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Commander
# 31
11-02-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm not really sure what is worse: failure to fix a year-old problem that has been made clear to them via both the forums and bug reports, or failure to communicate their reasons for not fixing it. Either way, I've given up hope for this thing ever being fixed.
Career Officer
# 32
11-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aethon3050 View Post
I'm not really sure what is worse: failure to fix a year-old problem that has been made clear to them via both the forums and bug reports, or failure to communicate their reasons for not fixing it. Either way, I've given up hope for this thing ever being fixed.
You saying that basically sends the message to Cryptic saying, problem solved. Perhaps filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau about yoru purchase might get you some sort of response. It's a long shot but don't give up. You bought something broken and they should be made to fix it or refund your purchase if you are not happy with the current state of it.
Commander
# 33
11-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Why give up? Because the Better Business Bureau doesn't really do anything. Because posting here doesn't do anything. Because sending in bug reports doesn't do anything.

In short, it's impossible to make Cryptic care...and they obviously don't.

My advice: Never buy any ship from the Z-store without going to the shipyard and giving it a very thorough look-over in the 3d view, and talk to some poor sucker who already bought one, to see if there's something else broken about it. Assume it's broken until proven otherwise...and if it is, in fact, broken, don't assume it will ever be fixed.
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
11-05-2012, 06:53 PM
I actually have no intention of giving up. I'm sure I'll annoy them enough to fix it eventually.
Captain
# 35
11-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Constantly reminding them of an ongoing problem is the only way they will be inclined to fix them, just accepting things and hoping it gets fixed is a guarantee of inaction. How will they know something is wrong if no-one complains?
I'm a bit surprised with some of the problems, graphic artists are usually supposed to be above the normal sausage mill, imperfections should bug them unless they are under some pressure to ignore defects.
Some are just minor fixes, the spinal lance and disruptor pods on the dreadnaught for instance are displaced to one side and it would take just a minor tweak to an x/y axis co-ordinate for the addon parts to straighten the thing out.
Career Officer
# 36
11-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Good luck in your crusade

I've been waiting for many "features" to be fixed for years as well... Most of them KDF related.. so never to be fixed...

If I was in your boots, I'd rename my ship the U.S.S. Drive-by and call it a day.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
11-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Have you tried sending a PM to CapnLogan about these important ship issues?

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Career Officer
# 38
11-06-2012, 06:27 PM
there never gonna get to cannon fixes. there's a hole tread on the top just building up and everyone in crytic is to lazy to get to it . the only one i remember that was ever fixed was the MVAM bet it was one of the devs favorites so they probably must of pushed that in there .they promise that the sovereign would be next.

Last edited by extremis0; 11-06-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Commander
# 39
11-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
How will they know something is wrong if no-one complains.
I'm not sure if you've had the time to read through this thread or not, but there have been forum posts and bug reports sent on this for A YEAR.

I'm not wasting any more of my time with it, especially since it's pretty much pointless.

*Dos Equis Guy* I don't often fly a Fed cruiser, but when I do...I fly the Excelsior. Stay smitey, my friends.
Starfleet Veteran
# 40
11-07-2012, 01:08 PM
We actually got the old ship artist's attention and he was going to fix it. Then he went and quit. /frustration.

I shall be victorious, however. It'll be a Pyrrhic victory, I'm sure. But I shall be victorious.