Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Alternative end/playstyle
11-06-2012, 10:33 PM
So I'm playing the Onslaught STF, all the while, the Borg Queen is trying to get in our pants, and I'm thinking. Okay, you win. I'm sold. Assimilate me. Where do I sign up?

So here is my thought. Could we do that? Make it so you and your ship can get assimilated in the middle of the stf, and you could play on the borg side? Maybe have some special powers/weapons while in that mode? You could open it up so more than five players could join the STF or something.

Just a thought.
Lieutenant
# 2
11-06-2012, 11:27 PM
From an in-universe perspective, once you get assimilated, you no longer have control over your own actions. So getting assimilated would be more like getting assimilated in ground missions, where you watch helplessly while your character attacks your teammates, controlled by the computer. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-07-2012, 09:35 AM
That'd actually be interesting: temporary ship assimilation. You loose contro of your targeting, or weapons for ten to thirty seconds or something while your crew fights to regain control. Cured by Tac Team or something. It'd irritate players probably, but it'd keep vets on their toes.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-07-2012, 10:18 AM
I'd be fun if any Borg gear you have equiped becomes a liability and adds a penalty on your assimilation resistance against the Queen.
Captain
# 5
11-07-2012, 10:34 AM
That kind of makes sense--the Borg would have a programming "back door" access to override any Borg-manufactured gear. The penalty would be per piece, so having a full set would give you a fairly large (say, 50-60%) penalty to Assimilation resistance.
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchibiclari View Post
That kind of makes sense--the Borg would have a programming "back door" access to override any Borg-manufactured gear. The penalty would be per piece, so having a full set would give you a fairly large (say, 50-60%) penalty to Assimilation resistance.
Sets... not set! it's two of them in the future.

6 pieces total. -10% assimilation resistance per piece sounds about right.
Captain
# 7
11-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Right, but I was thinking along the lines of "full Borg equipment will reduce your resistance by about half".
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?