Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 844
I know it would probably depend on the build i do but i havnt decided to go power drain or damage probably damage.

I dont know wether to go for the vorquv or the karf. Im all new to the klingon side of things i am an engineer is it really worth paying the real money for the karfi or just using dilit for the vorquv.

Also could someone tell me which kind of hangar setup to go for thanks again.

any help would be much appreciated
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 195
# 2
11-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Given that you're an Engineer (or any class really) the damage option between the two large carriers is the Kar'fi, while the support/healer option is the Vo'Quv.

From the pure damage perspective you'll want either the To'Duj fighters or the S'kul fighters (really doesn't matter which you pick). However, the Fer'jai frigates are quite effective in their utility role given everything that they offer (aceton field, tricobalt mines, chroniton torpedoes) so they are your best choice for PvP and are a sure why to get people irritated when fighting you .

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,527
# 3
11-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsivar View Post
From the pure damage perspective you'll want either the To'Duj fighters or the S'kul fighters (really doesn't matter which you pick).
For the Vor'quv, I'd have to Disagree. The BoPs and their Dilithium Variant upgrades are extremly Effective at damage dealing.

And if you put them on Follow, they cloak up, and then you can leave them that way until you see a target you need to kill, then set them to attack and they will Decloak and "Alpha" strike that target.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 195
# 4
11-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
For the Vor'quv, I'd have to Disagree. The BoPs and their Dilithium Variant upgrades are extremly Effective at damage dealing.

And if you put them on Follow, they cloak up, and then you can leave them that way until you see a target you need to kill, then set them to attack and they will Decloak and "Alpha" strike that target.
I know that I did not specify, but I was not referring to the Vo'Quv, I was referring to the Kar'fi. You're correct that the BoPs have excellent dps output overall, however they do not apply here since I was recommending the Kar'fi to the OP since he was looking for a damage dealing carrier.

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 844
# 5 thanks
11-08-2012, 07:31 AM
Thanks for your statements guys as i say im new to klingon side so wasnt sure so maybe oeverall i think the karfi would suit me.

I like seeing my pets do damage too so those bops sound nice hmmm decisions decisions.

Again thanks for your help and input
P.S. hope i didnt bore anyone
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 979
# 6
11-08-2012, 07:34 AM
kar'fi is fav ship in the game even tho its not getting a refit like the voquv. id still pick kar'fi does lovely dmg.

ps if u hate slow turning aviod the voquv it take far too long to turn
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 133
# 7
11-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Vo'quv is probably one of the best ships in the game right now. It's built for debuffs but can also provide some excellent heals, and between weapons slots and pets you can do some of the best DPS available for non-escort ships in-game (I screenshotted 8.9k in ISE the other night). If you can tolerate the fact that it's about as maneuverable as the Titanic (and therefore plan your turning maneuvers accordingly), you absolutely cannot go wrong using the Vo'quv.

edit: also the Vo'quv can tank like a real beast, especially if you get KHG 2-piece. Slap on some shield capacity consoles and you can eat a minimum of one (and realistically 2) Borg plasma torps that otherwise one-shot escorts. That's a MAJOR selling point imho.

Last edited by partizan81; 11-08-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 979
# 8
11-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by partizan81 View Post
Vo'quv is probably one of the best ships in the game right now. It's built for debuffs but can also provide some excellent heals, and between weapons slots and pets you can do some of the best DPS available for non-escort ships in-game (I screenshotted 8.9k in ISE the other night). If you can tolerate the fact that it's about as maneuverable as the Titanic (and therefore plan your turning maneuvers accordingly), you absolutely cannot go wrong using the Vo'quv.

edit: also the Vo'quv can tank like a real beast, especially if you get KHG 2-piece. Slap on some shield capacity consoles and you can eat a minimum of one (and realistically 2) Borg plasma torps that otherwise one-shot escorts. That's a MAJOR selling point imho.
yes the voguv is a strong ship but the kar'fi can turn and do twice the dmg of a voquv
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 133
# 9
11-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
yes the voguv is a strong ship but the kar'fi can turn and do twice the dmg of a voquv
Oh I hear you, the Kar'fi ship itself does more DPS than the Vo'quv, but the Vo'quv can easily go head-to-head overall DPS-wise if you were to include pets.

OP: At the end of the day, you're not going to go wrong with either ship. It 110% depends on your playstyle; the Kar'fi does respectable ship damage and is more maneurvable, whereas the Vo'quv is like an aircraft carrier that can provide team support and good DPS but relies on pets for some of the damage. You really cannot go wrong either way.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 286
# 10
11-08-2012, 11:08 AM
if you aren't lvl 50 yet i recommend buy the Vo'quv at lvl 40 (remember it's free ship) you have aprox 9 lvl to 50 then in lvl 50 you decide if you wish buy (with zen)

Good Luck!!
Expand, or die.
Support: Ferengi cross faction!!


Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:06 PM.