Survivor of Remus
# 151
11-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
All of the following projects currently have a 40-hour duration. This is a variable that is under scrutiny however, and may change (they were briefly 2-hour duration on Tribble).

** all of the above is subject to change!
Wait, what?

After we pay for the piece of gear, we have to wait 40 hours to receive it? How is that fun?

Each new tidbit makes things even more ridiculous.
Career Officer
# 152
11-07-2012, 07:17 PM
not impressed with the conversion rate.

500+ edc's
80+ Rare salvage
30+ Proto Salvage

roughly 5 rare borg tech's

4 Proto Borg Tech

i get like 4000 marks 15 processors and 16k dilithuim
Empire Veteran
# 153
11-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Some of the older players here before f2p already knew what a crap conversion it would be. Is why I don't take any statements seriously action speaks louder than words.
Ensign
# 154
11-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Is this a joke or just the beginning of some severe tweaking?

What we're seeing is that several pieces of rare/prototype Borg tech are worth less than the cost of a single piece of MK X STF gear in S7?

I'm definitely not enjoying this so far.

Cash in your STF drops and purchase all the gear (weapons, sets) you're going to need later. Personally, I'm going to be dilithium grinding for a while under this new system, so why not grind some omega marks too. We'll have to grind anyway just to reach Tier 3 and access the crate. In the end, it's still all about the grind... except that now there isn't any randomness to it.

I feel sorry for those who weren't lucky enough to receive tech drops before. Now they have to pay for what used to be free.
Lt. Commander
# 155
11-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
All of the following projects currently have a 40-hour duration. This is a variable that is under scrutiny however, and may change (they were briefly 2-hour duration on Tribble).

Mk X Ground Set (per piece)
Omega Marks: 250
Dilithium: 3500
Expertise: 1000
Commodity Price: ~6000 EC

Mk XI Ground Set (per piece)
Omega Marks: 375
Dilithium: 5500
Expertise: 32,000
Commodity Price: ~20,000 EC

Mk XII Ground Set (per piece)
Omega Marks: 500
Borg Neural Processors: 10
Dilithium: 9000
Expertise: 64,000
Commodity Price: ~40,000 EC

Mk X Space Set (per piece)
Omega Marks: 500
Dilithium: 15,500
Expertise: 16,000
Commodity Price: ~10,000 EC

Mk XI Space Set (per piece)
Omega Marks: 750
Dilithium: 20,000
Expertise: 48,000
Commodity Price: ~30,000 EC

Mk XII Space Set (per piece)
Omega Marks: 1000
Borg Neural Processors: 10
Dilithium: 34,000
Expertise: 64,000
Commodity Price: ~40,000 EC

** all of the above is subject to change!
Please consider removing the time-gating entirely. Time gating progression is a terrible idea, especially if there is no way to bypass the time gate (ie, by having random drops in addition to the reputation system).
Empire Veteran
# 156
11-07-2012, 07:42 PM
After seeing all the conversions it doesn't seem good at all.

500+ edc
100 proto salvage
40 rare salvage
15 space proto techs
=
4500 omega marks
15 BNP
24k dilithium ore

Why is this conversion even teired? Cause no one will get what they actually deserve.
Like comparing mine to lowestlvl's conversion above me, even though I have substantially more possible high end gear purchasing power, it gets distilled down into about half a piece of a MKXII set advantage over him.

Should be per item.

Eg 1x space proto tech = 10BNP, 1000 marks and 34k _refined_ dilithium
That would allow me to get exactly the same thing in S7 as I can right now in S6.

I can buy 15 MKXII space gear set pieces right now, after conversion I get 3 pieces worth of BNPs and not enough dilithium to even buy 1.

I'm failing to see how this conversion rate is advantageous to the players.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Fleet Corsair, Voth Fighter. Favs - Mogh, Bastion, Monbosh, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Tholian Weaver
Empire Veteran
# 157
11-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
Please consider removing the time-gating entirely. Time gating progression is a terrible idea, especially if there is no way to bypass the time gate (ie, by having random drops in addition to the reputation system).
This. I can understand time gating the progression in reputation rank and progression projects. But to time gate the store is unwarranted.

"Hey look! New Cstore ship!" /jumps in captains seat.
"Oh wait I have to wait 120 hours before I can take it into battle..."
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Fleet Corsair, Voth Fighter. Favs - Mogh, Bastion, Monbosh, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Tholian Weaver
Starfleet Veteran
# 158
11-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
Since we've recently increased the cost in Neural Processors necessary to purchase items, we've just increased the number of Neural Processors that will be allotted to players in the conversion. You'll be getting approximately (but not exactly) twice as many as you're seeing on Tribble right now. Numbers are still in flux.
And what is the drop rate of BNP's going to be in an Elite Run? One per Elite mission?

So if that's the case, you gotta give more than twice the amount in the conversion, because everyone in game and here on the forum are literally cashing their chips. They see this conversion as a a very very bad deal.
Captain
# 159
11-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Before:
  • 223 EDC
  • 23 Rare Borg Salvage
  • 20 Prototype Borg Salvage
  • 1 Elite Weapon Requisition
  • 1 Rare Borg Engine Tech
  • 1 Rare Borg Deflector Tech
  • 1 Rare Borg Shield Tech
  • 1 Rare Borg PSG Tech

After:
  • 3000 Omega Marks
  • 13 Borg Neural Processors
  • 4000 Dilithium Ore
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Starfleet Veteran
The conversion rate as it currently stands is preposterous. Months of effort spent amassing tremendous purchasing power in the existing STF store will be decimated, replaced by scarcely enough to buy a couple pieces of Mark XII gear.

I would urge the developers to reconsider this conversion rate. It's not fair. It doesn't retain even a semblance of purchasing power parity. It doesn't reward players for their efforts. To the contrary, the nominal compensation given by the conversion is so meager as to be insulting.

I understand the desire to give players a reason to play through the new reputation system in its entirety. That means a grind of the STFs and other content. But for those of us who *have* been grinding faithfully, this conversion rate seems like something of a betrayal.

Please reconsider the conversion rate. I, and others, would vastly prefer something less draconian. Veteran players will thank you, and continue to be veteran players. A more beneficial conversion rate will cost Cryptic nothing.