Rihannsu
# 11
11-08-2012, 03:23 AM
I got a kick out of seeing chekov and tuvok, and its cool that someone has the time to do this, and get real actors in although these fan made ones tend to be a bit iffy. not sure id watch but i top my hat to them for trying.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 12
11-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Part of the deal with Paramount is that Orci, Kurtzman, and Abrams EACH get veto rights.

I think it was Orci who said he'd be a hard sell on any live action Trek before the films are three movies into the new run but he would eagerly endorse an animated show.

Which is why, for instance, I think Michael Dorn's pitch should be modified to be a Worf CGI show or anime.

Frankly, live action on a TV budget will always undersell Worf anyway.

But get an Aeon Flux-style Worf show and I think you have a winner. He'd never get punked like he did on TV live action.
I'd love another animated series.I barely remember the TOS one from around the mid 70's. I was thinking of getting the series on DVD as a "me" holiday gift this year...if I can find it.
You will learn that Delta Rising is the best expansion ever.YOU WILL LOVE IT.
Captain
# 13
11-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Part of the deal with Paramount is that Orci, Kurtzman, and Abrams EACH get veto rights.

I think it was Orci who said he'd be a hard sell on any live action Trek before the films are three movies into the new run but he would eagerly endorse an animated show.

Which is why, for instance, I think Michael Dorn's pitch should be modified to be a Worf CGI show or anime.

Frankly, live action on a TV budget will always undersell Worf anyway.

But get an Aeon Flux-style Worf show and I think you have a winner. He'd never get punked like he did on TV live action.
I think animation would be the way to go for a trek show but why Worf? His character had no charisma.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
11-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoncal View Post
TZN Exclusive Interview with Ethan Calk from Star Trek: Renegades

TrekZone Network talked to Ethan Calk, co-author and co-producer of Renegades, about the background of the project, the producers' aspirations and the possibility of a pick-up by CBS.

The team around actor/director Tim Russ (Tuvok) and producer Sky Conway is back, six years after the release of their web film Star Trek: Of Gods and Men. Their goal this time: a new Star Trek show. With Star Trek: Renegades they want to continue to tell the story of the 24th century and reveal a different side of the Federation. They plan to present their pilot to CBS as the basis for a possible new (web) series and want to finance the whole thing through crowdfunding.

Article.........

This looks rather awesome, ive seen Of Gods and Men and it was awesome.
Yes this is all nice and well, but how do we sign up to be the extras for it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I got a kick out of seeing chekov and tuvok, and its cool that someone has the time to do this, and get real actors in although these fan made ones tend to be a bit iffy. not sure id watch but i top my hat to them for trying.
Yeah, so did i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencer8 View Post
Yes this is all nice and well, but how do we sign up to be the extras for it.
I have no idea, contact them on the their website.
Captain
# 16
11-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Has any one here even seen the webseries they did prior? Is it any good? It sounds promiseng, but at the same time i've never heard of it so i have no clue. With all the trek tim Russ has been in though i'd say the guy has a pretty good grasp on it as well as a love of trek.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
11-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
Cringe .

Looks really bad, and will no doubt end up as an internet miniseries.
But as long as we can all be the non discript know bodies that drift through the series it's OK.