Career Officer
# 11
11-08-2012, 07:18 AM
As someone flying a Fleet D7 TOS K't'inga KDF-side, I think Cryptic have already given themselves no excuses whatsover for leaving the Excelsior out of the Fleet Refit party
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 12
11-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Fleet heavy cruiser retro already has issues that need to be worked out before we get ambitious with it. Namely: it needs the 42K hull and 1.1X shield multiplier that other fleet cruisers get. I don't know if it's an oversight or part of their plan to sell more Regents by withholding the fleet assault cruiser and ships like it, but it's pretty ridiculous that they offer a fleet ship that has objectively worse stats than other ships that cost the same resources.
Fleet Heavy Cruiser Retrofits are fleet versions of a T3 ship, so like all other fleet versions of T2 and T3 ships it's shield capacity is better than the actual shield mod says. With lower cap shields like Omega or Borg (maybe even Maco) and without Field Generators it actually has a higher capacity than the Fleet Star Cruiser. Hull Points are slightly less but the difference is completly irrelevant. They are already the +1 or +1.5 Sovereign, not only thanks to a turn rate of 8.
-----------------------
decker999
Career Officer
# 13
11-08-2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
As someone flying a Fleet D7 TOS K't'inga KDF-side, I think Cryptic have already given themselves no excuses whatsover for leaving the Excelsior out of the Fleet Refit party
The excuse is, I think, that the Excelsior has a build in power and not a console and thus people would get her special power without having to buy theC-Store version. I'm not quite sure why it is difficult to add a purchased Excelsior as prerequisite to get a Fleet Excelsior (or every other ship with a build in power), but I guess Cryptic would find an argument if they'd actually care.
-----------------------
decker999
Career Officer
# 14
11-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker03 View Post
The excuse is, I think, that the Excelsior has a build in power and not a console and thus people would get her special power without having to buy theC-Store version. I'm not quite sure why it is difficult to add a purchased Excelsior as prerequisite to get a Fleet Excelsior (or every other ship with a build in power), but I guess Cryptic would find an argument if they'd actually care.
I believe that any ship with the FLEET designation requires a fleet module which would entail a c-store purchase.

I did not think asking such questions would stimulate a lively but good natured debate.

Clearly there are three camps about the Excelsior those who are indifferent, those who like it and those who don't. Ultimately it would be for the game Devs to decide if it should be in or not and what congfiguration. As its comparable for a shooty cruiser having LT. Cmdr Station as does the Fleet Regent would make sense both ships are avaliable at the T3.

T1 & 2 provide Hvy Cruisers and Star Cruisers, also T4 has the Fleet Exploration Cruiser, T5 Oddy, so T3 we have nada zip zero on the cruisers front and there is a clear ingame link to FLEET Assault Cruiser Retrofit (Assuming would be a Regent Refit).

As for how the hvy cruiser does fly it with an engineer and use particle generators in its sci slots to boost, eject warp plasma, aceton beam, and I use Isometric Charge which also gets a boost from these. Engy Character gives more endurance to the Hvy Cruiser especially with lvl 2 Reverse Polarity. But thats just my engy build.

Interesting to hear there was some build out there which was withdrawn.