Commander
# 81
11-08-2012, 05:07 AM
you know...i've never seen a single player complain about the queue being inaccurate in regard to how many players are queued. so...you're changing this why?

what goes through your heads, seriously. fix stuff that ain't broke and make it less usefull?

fact is, it was highly accurate when i needed it to be, playing KDF or queuing for less popular things like sb24, mirror event kdf side, and fleet actions kdf. as soon as the queue showed the required number *poof* it started.

it wasn't broken, inaccurate under high traffic possibly, but low traffic it was always dead on.

pwebranflakes, would you mind reminding those geniuses that unless it's server stability/client stability issue or something player are seriously ticked off about LEAVE IT ALONE. it's like you (as in all of cryptic) just like to make make work for yourselves to appear busy.

put number of players back in, while it matters little on the fed side of the game, it matters a great deal on the kdf side since you(once again all of cryptic) have seen fit to relegate kdf to least favored status for several updates and ship additions now.

and i've got to ask this, though i doubt i'll get an answer...who the **** is in charge of all this? i want a name instead of blaming every cryptic dev, that's all. if it's some pwe hotshot then his/her name.

i just want to know who to avoid if i see them responsible for any other game instead of avoiding both of your companies on GP.
Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
Lt. Commander
# 82
11-08-2012, 05:41 AM
I don't understand the problem here. I though BranFlakes was pretty clear that the number of players wasn't as accurate as an average wait time.

Way I see it is, having an actual time is better than a number of people. I have never complained about it, but there has been plenty of times I have waited longer or less time then expected based on what I saw with the # of people in queue.

Now I wont have to guess, I'll just know "hey, it'll probable be 12 minutes".

Why is this causing so much anger? It hasn't even been proven one way or another on the live server (and I haven't personally tested it on Tribble). Maybe instead of insulting everyone at Cryptic just because something changed, wait and see if it even works as advertised first.

Of course, most everyone I see doesn't even seem to pay attention that what they want is even there, just delivered differently.
Captain
# 83
11-08-2012, 06:18 AM
"Average wait time" has NEVER worked in other MMOs that display such information. I remember quite clearly, several instances in which the average wait was anywhere from 5-20 minutes, and I ended up having to wait OVER AN HOUR before getting into a dungeon/battleground etc.

Showing an actual counter on HOW MANY are currently queued, is far more accurate and BETTER than "average wait". I'm simply not buying into BranFlakes excuse that the counter was "inaccurate", when I know it's been fairly accurate since implementation.
Captain
# 84
11-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Even if it's not 100% accurate, I'd rather at least know that there are some other people queueing for a misson, and that shaky number is still less ambiguous than some arbitrary "wait time" estimate.

And no matter what, no manipulation of UI is going to get me doing those missions I don't presently bother with. There's not gonna be any "Well, there's no way of knowing, so I might as well try one of these others." You will give me what I want, or I will take nothing.
Lieutenant
# 85
11-08-2012, 07:04 AM
The new PvE menu system looks nice. However, unless I have the option to play all of these instances solo then you guys need to show how many players are que'd up.

Its my time not yours Cryptic, players who value theirs do not want to be playing guessing games.
Career Officer
# 86
11-08-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
Of course, option "B" is that the queued players number simply was a victim of Cryptic's scorched earth policy concerning minor bugs that are tough to fix. I think we can all think of more than a few things that were taken out entirely instead of ever getting fixed. Easier to simply remove the feature where the bug shows up than to fix it. Better yet, a finicky feature removed is a future source of bugs forever removed!.....yay......
DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

All to often a feature gets removed so the big is "fixed" Annoying as ****.
Career Officer
# 87
11-08-2012, 07:49 AM
It's not just us that are unhappy about this:

http://youtu.be/kaiy3MDTBXw
Career Officer
# 88
11-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
It's not just us that are unhappy about this:

http://youtu.be/kaiy3MDTBXw
LOL! Life is complete, STO can close down now
Captain
# 89
11-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Im going to try hard not to get myself banned with this post...

Seriously Daniel, why must your Dev team always take 2 steps back for every one step forward? We arent idiots. Stop giving Brandon BS excuses to feed us. Overall we are the smartest sci fi IP fanbase of them all. Treat us like it, or go back to Zynga.

I didnt even know I could queue for more than ONE queue lol. Ive NEVER noticed in my two years in this game the queue numbers misleading, and I do base the current numbers on whether I queue for something.

If this is about wanting to see your ignored content get used, incentivize it properly. Starbase 24 for instance, give it a loot reward thats valuable that you cant get elsewhere. Give the usual weapon appropriate reward AND like a 20 pack of weapon or shield batteries. Something I wont recycle.

If you just incentivize cold queues like Starbase 24, players will deliberatly ignore it still just so it can activate the bonus status, THEN jump in. So, make a bonus queue rotate around like red alerts to all queues randomly, not just if they sit cold. Bonused queues reward more marks and dilithium, then even a vet would jump into SB24. And bring back the leaderboards but find a way to reward healers too, not just Damage dealers.

The way you set it up now, the Klinks attacking SB24 will NEVER see battle and die without honor.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
"Captain, the entity appears to be A New Accord"
Empire Veteran
# 90
11-08-2012, 08:37 AM
The following statement is just my opinion on the matter...

You guys take little things like this way too seriously
Was named Trek17, but still an author.