Republic Veteran
# 11
11-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Im looking to use the same build Im currently using on the Chimera Heavy Destroyer on the Aventine.
Captain
# 12
11-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
The Priority One Shipyard Supplemental interview with Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera that take came out today said that Cryptic will limit the Aux DHCs to the Vesta.
Then the fools just cost themselves a sale, because those cannons were the only thing I was the least bit interested in.

Lieutenant
# 13
11-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Then the fools just cost themselves a sale, because those cannons were the only thing I was the least bit interested in.

Would have been extremely surprised if they made those aux cannons available for non Vesta ships for balance reasons. Obviously, if you think they're that worthwhile, they would be unbalanced if available for every ship.

I am, however, very much looking forward to the Vesta as there's a severe lack of good science vessels out there. The Vesta looks to actually be competitive in comparison to the game overall, but competitive or not, it is too much a jack of all trades to be an exceptional "I Win" ship.

For PvE, it may become one of the most fun ships to play, period. I don't think it'll gain much traction in PvP beyond the first few weeks. Or rather, it may be one of the only science ships you'll see in PvP--and still not be a major player.
Career Officer
# 14
11-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Phaser Quad cannons - check (borrowed off Sao Paulo)
Aux Phaser Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII - check
Transphasic Torpedoes MkXII - check
(Phaser Dual Beam bank MXII on reserve - might swap for quad cannons if want sub-system targeting)

Now just have to wait

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 11-08-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
11-08-2012, 06:51 AM
Same crowd control build i have for the orb weaver , plus some of the vestas new toys

2 phaser beam arrays and thermionic torpedo up front
2 phaser beam arrays and tricobalt launcher in rear
MACO shield , deflector and engines
red matter capacitor

sci and engineering consoles will house all the universals , the vesta healing and phaser console , temporal universal , theta radiation , point defence and either the borg or antimatter spread console
tactical will be 3 phaser relays and the promotional plasma turret
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
# 16
11-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarsmash View Post
Would have been extremely surprised if they made those aux cannons available for non Vesta ships for balance reasons. Obviously, if you think they're that worthwhile, they would be unbalanced if available for every ship.
I seriously doubt the cannons by themselves would give any other ship a decisive advantage. It'd mostly be the novelty of them I'm after. But flying Defiants is what suits my play style, so I guess no AUX cannons for me.
Republic Veteran
# 17
11-08-2012, 07:14 AM
My setup on my Chimera is:

1 Quad Cannon
2 Antiproton Dual Heavy cannons borg
1 Antiproton Beam arch
All MK XII

In the rear I have 1 Borg MK XI Quantum Torpedo
2 Mk XI Anti proton Beam archs
Rihannsu
# 18
11-08-2012, 07:33 AM
Ready and not ready at the same time.

I've already got most of the boff and console layout prepared for both my sci and an eng to be used mainly in PvE (meaning, DPS is the key), yet I'm still torn between using DBB+Torp+DHC vs DBB+2xDHC (3x turrets rear in both cases). 2xDHC will give me decent constant energy firepower, especially useful with CSV, while I could use a torpedo for a solid kinetic spread salvo once enemy shields are down. And I do want to keep DBB for subsystem targeting and beam overload. Which one in the end would turn out better? I mostly want to be able to solo Raptors in CSE without issues.

As for the rest:
For Sci - http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...build=Vesta1_0 (for no-torpedo build)
For Eng - http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...build=Vesta2_0 (got ahead of myself with PO3, might change it for GW3)

Consoles:
Eng: Borg, Tachyokinetic
Sci: Field Emitter, 3 special consoles
Tac: 4x Phaser Relay
Lieutenant
# 19
11-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Recluse Carrier - check
Energy Syphon drones - check
Aceton Assimilator - Check
Plasma Leech - check
Energy Syphon II - check
3x MK XII Field Generators - check
2x Mk XII purple Polaron TAC console - check
6x MK XII purple Polaron beams - check
KHG MKXII Deflec/shield/engine - check

The Vesta's not even going to make out of drydock

Only joking folks - this would be cruel.
Yes, this is just... brilliant.

Why did devs nerf only my lovely Danubes?! Its my only counter to siphon spam!!

Captain Ruri Gokou of the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk
Catian Atrox Carrier
Career Officer
# 20
11-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heineko View Post
Yes, this is just... brilliant.

Why did devs nerf only my lovely Danubes?! Its my only counter to siphon spam!!
Meh - the Vesta will probably take fighters and I'll be carrying those instead if it does.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY