Here's the scoop on STF Set Gear Costumes, with Season 7:
* The Current/Holodeck version of these Accolades, if already earned, should remain on your character with the associated Costume Unlock intact. Players that have already earned these will not have to jump through any hoops to keep them.
* If you have -not- already earned the Current Accolade, it will be replaced with a New Accolade that does not include the Costume Unlock (for a reason I will explain in a sec), but still grants you the associated Title it did before.
* If you have partial credit toward the Current Accolade, that will carry over to the New Accolade automagically.
The reason for this change: Costume Unlocks are being moved to the Omega Reputation, as projects that must be ran to unlock the customizable version of each set's visuals.
These Costume Unlock Projects will only become accessible after you have earned the New Versions of the set Accolades. Players that earned the Current/Old Accolades should not see these Projects in their lists at all, and should retain access to the costume unlocks they have already earned.
In other words, while the old process was:
1) Collect Set 2) Earn Accolade 3) Unlock Costume
The new process adds one step, via the Reputation System:
1) Collect Set 2) Earn Accolade 3) Run Reputation Unlock Project 4) Unlock Costume
The cost of the unlock projects is small, so don't panic.
Hope that helps shine a light on the subject.
Cryptic - Systems Design
Not sure if this has been reported, but currently on Tribble I appear to not be able to have the MACO MK XII costume unlock, even though I have all the armor pieces and unlocked the accolade before transfering my character to tribble. When I switch to the costume slot that should have my MACO Armor costume, I get something that looks like the plastic armor, but with a helmet. I believe that this is the MK XII armor appearance, that is new and that I heard about somewhere, since one of my boffs has a MK X set and it looks similar to what she is wearing, but withouth the helmet and the pouchs and such.
So what I think is happening is this. For some reason, on Tribble, it thinks I don't have the accolade to unlock the costume, so when I switch to the costume, it thinks there isn't one and instead displays the base armor. Again, not sure if this has been reported, but from what you said above, I am pretty sure it is a bug.