Career Officer
# 41
11-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Given that Tapatalk is compatible with vBulletin, will the new forum be Tapatalk-enabled?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 42
11-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moronwmachinegun View Post
Brandon, thanks for the tip, I've been avoiding the forums on my phone/tablet because of the same reason.

To clarify a bit since I had to hunt for it a little while...The standard top page of the forum, ( http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com ) has two ways to login, the one on the top right, and the one to the left of the ZEN ads, both use the popup. The method you describe above is not available on that top page.

However, if you select a thread ( http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?p=6340261 ), THEN that Login option appears on the right hand side, below the ZEN ads. Could you make the Login options more consistent? It would be great if the Login to the left of the ZEN ads also went to the static login page, or if the other Login was always available.

Thanks.
I'll ask the web team to investigate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeny75 View Post
Will we be able to click on to our profile and find a list of threads we have started or replied on in order to find them quickly?
Check out the Neverwinter forums and see if that's in the UserCP -- I believe it is, but if not, I'll see if we can take a look at this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanmoon View Post
Given that Tapatalk is compatible with vBulletin, will the new forum be Tapatalk-enabled?
It's not in the current plan, but I'll see if we might be able to do that in the future

Cheers,

Brandon
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 43
11-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I'll ask the web team to investigate that.

Check out the Neverwinter forums and see if that's in the UserCP -- I believe it is, but if not, I'll see if we can take a look at this.

It's not in the current plan, but I'll see if we might be able to do that in the future

Cheers,

Brandon
why do I have to relogin every time?
Super Moderator
# 44
11-08-2012, 01:08 PM
I have a suggestion that I'd like to throw out for consideration. I've posted about it elsewhere, but I've been informed this is the best place for my feedback. I'm not the first person to suggest something like it.

What I would like to see is functionality that would let forum users "Like" or "+1" specific posts to show that it's particularly useful or popular. Threads with a lot of "likes" could be highlighted. This is already done informally and inconsistently, but there's no way to view at a glance which posts in which threads are getting the most positive attention.

Along with this, the Community Moderator would need the ability to modify the scoring of any particular post. For example, if someone posts information that is later discovered to be wrong, the score can be adjusted to de-emphasize it without necessarily deleting it.

This could have two huge benefits for these forums.

First, it could be a great way for PWE to identify feedback that the Community is in favor of. For example, this post could be "Liked" by enough forum users that PWE would be able to prioritize implementing such a feature, if possible. If somebody has a good idea or a legitimate concern, the Community can weigh in on it in such a way that PWE doesn't have to read a million posts to see what the consensus is or to find the good idea in the first place.

Second, it could be a great way to help the Community highlight posts that are factual and useful and help users focus on those over posts that are just rumors or that contain inaccurate information. Sometimes bad information gets shovelled around and it's hard to pick out the good from the bad.

This isn't foolproof, and I know it has good points and bad, but I believe it would help to focus the Community and PWE on the most important feedback.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 45
11-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I have a suggestion ...
I would really like to see this implemented. In fact, I'd like the highlighting to actually darken other posts with less support. Not by much, but by enough for it to be clear there is a distinction.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Commander
# 46
11-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448 View Post
why do I have to relogin every time?
Same question. Will the new forum fix this issue?
Career Officer
# 47
11-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Wow I can't even apply my career officer title, so this will be a bit of a Godsend for me, if it "works."
Commander
# 48
11-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
[*]You will be able to report posts for breaking the community rules. This system worked well in the past, and with VB4, this feature will return.
Finally! I've missed having this ability.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Empire Veteran
# 49
11-12-2012, 12:33 PM
This all makes me happier. Thank you BranFlakes.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Empire Veteran
# 50
11-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I have a suggestion that I'd like to throw out for consideration. I've posted about it elsewhere, but I've been informed this is the best place for my feedback. I'm not the first person to suggest something like it.

What I would like to see is functionality that would let forum users "Like" or "+1" specific posts to show that it's particularly useful or popular. Threads with a lot of "likes" could be highlighted. This is already done informally and inconsistently, but there's no way to view at a glance which posts in which threads are getting the most positive attention.

Along with this, the Community Moderator would need the ability to modify the scoring of any particular post. For example, if someone posts information that is later discovered to be wrong, the score can be adjusted to de-emphasize it without necessarily deleting it.

This could have two huge benefits for these forums.

First, it could be a great way for PWE to identify feedback that the Community is in favor of. For example, this post could be "Liked" by enough forum users that PWE would be able to prioritize implementing such a feature, if possible. If somebody has a good idea or a legitimate concern, the Community can weigh in on it in such a way that PWE doesn't have to read a million posts to see what the consensus is or to find the good idea in the first place.

Second, it could be a great way to help the Community highlight posts that are factual and useful and help users focus on those over posts that are just rumors or that contain inaccurate information. Sometimes bad information gets shovelled around and it's hard to pick out the good from the bad.

This isn't foolproof, and I know it has good points and bad, but I believe it would help to focus the Community and PWE on the most important feedback.
+1

/10 Characters
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Closed Thread